General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Javert on June 25, 2020, 04:06:16 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on June 25, 2020, 09:29:54 AMYou dont need to be religious to know how we ended up BJ .Regardless of whether anyone thinks he is a clown ,that he might turn out to be totally useless or that he has been caught with his pants down on many occasions .

The fact remains is that he was the only person that had any chance of becoming PM that backed Brexit . And that is the sole reason he is where he is . He will only have fooled us if he doesn't complete that task .

^^^

This is the logic we have today.  BJ might be the worst most incompetent person in history and be wrong about everything, but we just need him to carry out Brexit.

It would never cross anybody's mind that someone that incompetent and wrong being the person who actually made Brexit happen in the first place, might lead you to wonder whether it was such a good idea after all.

Still not given up the fight? Will the Remain lobby go so far as to attempt to sabotage the country's brexit efforts? Somehow
I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Javert

Quote from: Streetwalker on June 25, 2020, 09:29:54 AMYou dont need to be religious to know how we ended up BJ .Regardless of whether anyone thinks he is a clown ,that he might turn out to be totally useless or that he has been caught with his pants down on many occasions .

The fact remains is that he was the only person that had any chance of becoming PM that backed Brexit . And that is the sole reason he is where he is . He will only have fooled us if he doesn't complete that task .

^^^

This is the logic we have today.  BJ might be the worst most incompetent person in history and be wrong about everything, but we just need him to carry out Brexit.

It would never cross anybody's mind that someone that incompetent and wrong being the person who actually made Brexit happen in the first place, might lead you to wonder whether it was such a good idea after all.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 02:32:51 PM

So you gave up before the rest of us. I know you like the last word so here you go.

I haven't "given up." I constantly campaign but not on internet forums.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 02:28:43 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 02:18:31 PM

Well perhaps you will be better off across in France. You have the choice. Somehow I don't think that comes into the equation. Presumably your comment tars anyone who wanted to leave since the 70's as snake oilers too. Thanks.

I only voted remain, because I knew the Tories would make a bog of Brexit.
It is impossible to sort out over four decades of trading agreements and other common legislation in a few months.
2021 is going to be dire entire industries will die because tariffs and the stopping of "just in time" will make it impossible for them to operate in Britain.

So you gave up before the rest of us. I know you like the last word so here you go.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 02:18:31 PM

Well perhaps you will be better off across in France. You have the choice. Somehow I don't think that comes into the equation. Presumably your comment tars anyone who wanted to leave since the 70's as snake oilers too. Thanks.

I only voted remain, because I knew the Tories would make a bog of Brexit.
It is impossible to sort out over four decades of trading agreements and other common legislation in a few months.
2021 is going to be dire entire industries will die because tariffs and the stopping of "just in time" will make it impossible for them to operate in Britain.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 02:15:33 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 02:06:22 PM
...and you believe him? He is regurgitating something that we have known for yonks. Do you know another way of getting  all the laws on the UK statute book so that we don't become lawless in January?

You only have to look at the makeup of the committee to realise that there is a conflict of interest. 

Member                                            Affiliation
Baroness Taylor of Bolton                    Labour
Lord Beith                                            Liberal Democrat
Baroness Corston                            Labour
Baroness Drake                                    Labour
Lord Dunlop                                    Conservative
Lord Faulks                                    Non-affiliated
Baroness Fookes                            Conservative
Lord Hennessy of Nympsfield            Crossbench
Lord Howarth of Newport                    Labour
Lord Howell of Guildford                    Conservative
Lord Pannick                                    Crossbench
Lord Sherbourne of Didsbury            Conservative
Lord Wallace of Tankerness                    Liberal Democrat

Don't be so gullible.

If you want gullible look in a mirror.

You assume they will have any input.

The country is headed for disaster in January 2021 just because of a few snake oil salesmen like Farage whose hearts rule their heads.
I feel sorry for those in the general public who think we are headed for the promised land.
They are going to be VERY angry when the reality hits.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 02:06:22 PM
...and you believe him? He is regurgitating something that we have known for yonks. Do you know another way of getting  all the laws on the UK statute book so that we don't become lawless in January?

You only have to look at the makeup of the committee to realise that there is a conflict of interest. 

Don't be so gullible.

If you want gullible look in a mirror.

You assume they will have any input.

The country is headed for disaster in January 2021 just because of a few snake oil salesmen like Farage whose hearts rule their heads.
I feel sorry for those in the general public who think we are headed for the promised land.
They are going to be VERY angry when the reality hits.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 01:56:05 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 01:52:39 PMDavid Hencke

David Hencke? You have to be joking.

Why?  He is an award winning investigative journalist.
[/quote]

Don't be so gullible.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 01:52:39 PMDavid Hencke

[/quote]

Why?  He is an award winning investigative journalist.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 01:30:45 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 01:24:14 PM

Well yes if you want to be cap in hand for ever more. The EU has acted like bullies not just with us, but with other members all for the good of the EU project. If you want to align yourself with the appeasers of the world go ahead.

Like many others you have swallowed the propaganda hook line and sinker. It is the UK government that is the problem not the EU.
The only people who will be "taking back control," are Bojo The Clown, Cummings, UK commissioners and Gove .

https://davidhencke.com/2020/06/21/welcome-to-your-new-rulers-uk-commissioners-gove-johnson-and-cummings/

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 01:24:14 PM

Well yes if you want to be cap in hand for ever more. The EU has acted like bullies not just with us, but with other members all for the good of the EU project. If you want to align yourself with the appeasers of the world go ahead.

Like many others you have swallowed the propaganda hook line and sinker. It is the UK government that is the problem not the EU.
The only people who will be "taking back control," are Bojo The Clown, Cummings, UK commissioners and Gove .

https://davidhencke.com/2020/06/21/welcome-to-your-new-rulers-uk-commissioners-gove-johnson-and-cummings/

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 01:11:01 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 01:04:58 PM

A crash out is now down to the EU. I guess you would be happy for us to bend over backwards pleading for rule by Brussels. With that outcome failure is inevitable - they will see to it. They have a point to prove to other members still complaining in their chains.

A crash out will be 100% the fault of Bojo The Clown.

By 'crash out' I take it that means leaving without a deal .  That wont be the end of the world papa but the beginning of new opportunities for the UK to trade with the rest of the world outside the straightjacket of the customs union . We will of course still trade with the EU probably under WTO rules sector by sector . 

There is no crash ,there is no cliff edge or such like terms used by remoaners . I see the EU have brought up fishing rights again  after being told two hundred times they are not going to be part of the deal but 100% in the control of the UK ..

How if we leave without a deal because the EU are throwing their toys out of the pram over fish in UK territorial waters is Boris's fault Ill have to leave with you to ponder.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 01:11:01 PM

A crash out is now down to the EU. I guess you would be happy for us to bend over backwards pleading for rule by Brussels. With that outcome failure is inevitable - they will see to it. They have a point to prove to other members still complaining in their chains.

papasmurf

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on June 25, 2020, 12:35:50 PM
Quote from: T00ts on June 25, 2020, 12:26:55 PM

Do you have a crystal ball? If so where did you get it? Does it have a proven track record?

I don't need one, I knew the Tories would make a bog of Brexit, and they have. With Bojo The Clown making a bog of being Prime Minster a crash out Brexit is now a certainly.