General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

:-*tt
Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2020, 10:20:35 AM
Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2020, 10:15:36 AM
Already seeing the change over to non-EU products.

Orange juice in the hotel is now coming from Brasil.

A "nectar" will be lagged with sugar. Which is why I never  touch them.
Doesn't make sense.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

On the brightside nobody gives a flying feck what Smurf thinks or says or they would be here and on the other bright side nobody gives a flying one what the Guardian writes or they wouldn't be making so called Journos redundant and they would have millions interested.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2020, 02:52:57 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on August 04, 2020, 08:20:37 AMAnyone with any sense who takes regular meds by the way should always try and build up a reserve of their own . Just in case . 
Is that possible for NHS free-prescription patients on POMs?
It's generally thought practices have been rationing quantities for some time...

Dont know but I just order my stuff electronically a few days early each month and eventually you get ahead a month or so . Its no so much a brexit thing but that my practice  has a tendency to forget or change the rules on what they can and can not send to my chemist  which a few years ago left me a bit short . I just made sure it didn't happen again .

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 04, 2020, 08:20:37 AMAnyone with any sense who takes regular meds by the way should always try and build up a reserve of their own . Just in case . 
Is that possible for NHS free-prescription patients on POMs?
It's generally thought practices have been rationing quantities for some time...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2020, 10:15:36 AM

A "nectar" will be lagged with sugar. Which is why I never  touch them.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 04, 2020, 08:20:37 AM

Anyone with any sense who takes regular meds by the way should always try and build up a reserve of their own . Just in case .  ;)

I already have as best I can. (I have been doing so for several years.)

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2020, 07:49:40 AM
Quote from: Borchester on August 03, 2020, 11:46:40 PM

I dare say the media will lead with the usual "NHS RUNS OUT OF LIFE SAVING DRUGS DUE TO BREXIT" headline, But I imagine that the UK will survive.

It could still happen however due to Covid-19 the risk is not as great as it was but it hasn't gone away.
Sorry for a newspaper link:-

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/pharmaceutical-stockpile-drugs-brexit-transition-a4515651.html

Government tells pharma firms to stockpile six weeks' worth of drugs for end of Brexit transition period
LUKE O'REILLY
9 hours ago

With 4/5 months notice I would assume stocks will be good by the end of December .

Anyone with any sense who takes regular meds by the way should always try and build up a reserve of their own . Just in case .  ;)

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 03, 2020, 11:46:40 PM

I dare say the media will lead with the usual "NHS RUNS OUT OF LIFE SAVING DRUGS DUE TO BREXIT" headline, But I imagine that the UK will survive.

It could still happen however due to Covid-19 the risk is not as great as it was but it hasn't gone away.
Sorry for a newspaper link:-

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/pharmaceutical-stockpile-drugs-brexit-transition-a4515651.html

Government tells pharma firms to stockpile six weeks' worth of drugs for end of Brexit transition period
LUKE O'REILLY
9 hours ago

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 03, 2020, 11:00:46 PM
Any problems for the NHS getting Pharmaceuticals and Medications come 31 December 2020 when the UK severs trade links with the EU ?

Algerie Francais !

patman post

Any problems for the NHS getting Pharmaceuticals and Medications come 31 December 2020 when the UK severs trade links with the EU ?
The government is making deals with various potential suppliers of Covid vaccines — and it's to be hoped this flu season's vaccine is ready — but what about the whole range of medical supplies that the UK needs to keep going? Are the pharmaceutical companies getting and storing supplies...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Stevlin

Quote from: papasmurf on June 29, 2020, 03:12:02 PM
They don't have a an incompetent Tory government lead by Boris The Clown.  They also are not dumping four decades of multi faceted trade agreements.
Lol - they don't need him - they have more than enough 'incompetents' of their own....but at least in the UK, we are governed directly by the winning Party(s) that form the government.
The EU has been heavily criticised, just like the UK for their 'wait and see how it develops'...and even the 'effectiveness of the action taken by Germany  appears to be unravelling...so the EU has nothing to crow about over the action taken .

papasmurf

Quote from: Stevlin on June 29, 2020, 03:07:09 PM

Really....then explain why so many countries fare very well WITHOUT having to subsidise a political entity in order to foster trade growth.

They don't have a an incompetent Tory government lead by Bojo The Clown.  They also are not dumping four decades of multi faceted trade agreements.

Stevlin

Quote from: papasmurf on June 29, 2020, 02:43:02 PM

The inevitable crash out Brexit will be a disaster, there is no other scenario.

Really....then explain why so many countries fare very well WITHOUT having to subsidise a political entity in order to foster trade growth.
Why don't you get your crystal ball to magically print out the evidence to provide  real support your fantasies which we can all criticise or endorse?....no other scenario indeed...!!
Remember the looming disaster forecast by the Brexit Jeremiahs just for holding a referendum?? So, instead of just moaning about it, try providing some REAL evidence.....yeah, I know that is impossible, as it is just a 'possible' outcome , but  the REAL possibility of our economic misfortunes is undoubtedly mostly affected by the current  pandemic corona 19 crisis.....which as it happens, will not be economically beneficial to the EU either - despite you having such faith in that uniquely undemocratic political institution formed supposedly for trade benefits.

papasmurf

Quote from: Stevlin on June 29, 2020, 02:39:36 PM
Quote from: papasmurf link=topic=150.msg30620#msg30620 date=1593372082

You have no idea what I believe.  So don't make assumptions.
/quote]
Don't talk so daft.....you make your thoughts extremely clear on the forum....such as a 'disaster looming' because of a possible lack of favourable Brexit terms, and Brexit itself......needless to say, with the customary Remainiac's lack of credible evidence being provided.

The inevitable crash out Brexit will be a disaster, there is no other scenario.