General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Baff

We sell 50% more outside of the EU than we do inside.
So you aren't our top trade priority.
And ever making you it, was a strategic error in economic planning.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: nick on October 13, 2020, 12:09:20 AM
😂

Rank   Country              Private Wealth in $USD (2018)   
#1   🇺🇸 United States   $60.7 trillion
#2   🇨🇳 China                   $23.6 trillion   
#3   🇯🇵 Japan                   $19.1 trillion
#4   🇬🇧 United Kingdom   $9.1 trillion
#5   🇩🇪 Germany           $8.8 trillion
#6   🇮🇳 India                   $8.1 trillion
#7   🇦🇺 Australia           $6.0 trillion
#8   🇨🇦 Canada                   $6.0 trillion

Richest countries by private wealth. Only 1 EU county in the top eight, and it's even below the U.K. Think you should try again with that one.

Ooh, look. 50% of the countries are in the dirt poor Commonwealth.

1: America won't do a deal because of breach of Good Friday Agreement. No profit there.
2: China has promised economic revenge for Huaweii (?)/Hong Kong. No profit there.
3: UK- about to become a very poor country. No profit there.
4: Germany - In the EC. No profit there.
5: India - Highly protectionist and will deal only on condition of removal of immigration restrictions. No profit there.
6: Australia - wealthy country but has a population only a third the size of France/on the other side of the world.
7: Canada - Wealthy country but has a population just over half that of France/half way round the world.
Yeah, I can see how those would be a substitute for the EU, Nick.
Btw, most of the commonwealth is dirt poor.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Nick

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 12, 2020, 11:53:10 PM
Customers who can afford our products.

😂

Rank   Country              Private Wealth in $USD (2018)   
#1   🇺🇸 United States   $60.7 trillion
#2   🇨🇳 China                   $23.6 trillion   
#3   🇯🇵 Japan                   $19.1 trillion
#4   🇬🇧 United Kingdom   $9.1 trillion
#5   🇩🇪 Germany           $8.8 trillion
#6   🇮🇳 India                   $8.1 trillion
#7   🇦🇺 Australia           $6.0 trillion
#8   🇨🇦 Canada                   $6.0 trillion

Richest countries by private wealth. Only 1 EU county in the top eight, and it's even below the U.K. Think you should try again with that one.

Ooh, look. 50% of the countries are in the dirt poor Commonwealth.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 12, 2020, 07:57:15 PMYour ingenious plan is to stop selling to the rich EU in order to focus on selling to second and third world countries.

As well as not being Canadian it is clear you don't understand the economics of trading with a poorer nation. You don't sell them expensive goods, you buy fresh produce off them. Fruit and Veg, sugar, tea, also textiles. You sell them things they need, not luxuries.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: nick on October 12, 2020, 11:40:24 PM

I've asked this a thousand times on here, what has your precious EU go that we can't get from somewhere else in the world?

Customers who can afford our products.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: cromwell on October 12, 2020, 11:02:00 PM
Course you do,and if they go tits up again who will bail you out next time?

Don't worry, we'll take good care of them.

Nick

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 12, 2020, 05:49:02 PMOr the Rules of the WTO

The WTO is defunct, it can't operate. Keep up.

Nick

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 12, 2020, 05:46:27 PM
Most of the commonwealth is dirt poor. If the UK buys their product they may be able to scrabble together enough cash to get themselves a half-decent healthcare system; but there'd unlikely be any left over to purchase goods produced in the UK (at least not at First World prices). It will be very much a one-way street. That's not trade. Of course, you could always invest heavily in those countries, build up their infrastructure, etc., the way the EU did in Ireland. Then, after a LONG time and a LOT of money, they will be in a position to trade with you. In the very long run, you'll see a massive return on your investment - just as you do with the £13 billion trade surplus you currently have, but will soon lose, with Ireland.

The commonwealth has a GDP of 10.9 trillion, that's only 2.6 trillion behind the EU. Not exactly dirt poor as you suggest is it. Add a deal with the US or China and the UK deals will make the EU look like chicken feed (chlorinated of course).

The commonwealth is a third of the population of the world, 27% of all countries and 25% of the land mass. I've asked this a thousand times on here, what has your precious EU go that we can't get from somewhere else in the world?

Nick

Quote from: patman post on October 12, 2020, 05:31:00 PM
But why would the foreign owners of car plants here be happy with increased price for their imported components, currently ranging from 10% to 50% of the value of the vehicle? UK sales might make up some of that — particularly for PSA — but others are unlikely to see local sales as a reason to stay.
Automotive R&D is strong in the UK but, like for most other industries, it mostly thrives nearer the engineering and manufacturing centres...

Nissan will be shipping parts directly from Japan, and with our new trade deal they will not be paying tariffs. They're also closing their factory in Barcelona with a loss of almost 3000 jobs. Ask them lot if they think the U.K. is going to suffer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52829348

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 12, 2020, 04:56:00 PMThen the UK must do a free trade deal with all members of the WTO.

If the U.K. negotiates a free trade deal with the EU then using your analogy the EU must trade with all the WTO countries the same as well.
I think you losers keep forgetting that the rules are equal in both directions, except for one point. The U.K. has a 60 billion trade deficit with the EU, meaning if the EU want to play silly bastards they're going to get tariffs on an extra 60 billion.

cromwell

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 12, 2020, 10:32:14 PM
I noticed. We appreciate the banks. Send more.
Course you do,and if they go tits up again who will bail you out next time?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 12, 2020, 01:21:16 AMfact is a lot of people driving audi merc and bmw will be happy to see the price rise and make their car more exclusive.

You are incorrect, they will use the opportunity to turn to other brands like Tesla. With performance of 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, and a range of just under 300 miles on the lesser models it's a no brainier. With an 80% charge in 35 minutes and a refuelling cost of £7 fleet operators are going to be flocking to other manufacturers. So yes, German cars are going to take a hammering if there is a no deal.

Cor Blimey!

cromwell

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 12, 2020, 10:24:45 PM
That has to be the mildest insult I've ever received. I almost feel I should thank you for being so considerate of my feelings.
We aim to please ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?