General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 01:12:29 AM
So finally, we have an acknowledgement that it's all guesswork. Don't suppose there are any links to Gerry's beliefs? Closest I know of is Gerry's of Morecambe.

I don't suppose you'd understand it if there were.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Sheepy

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 01:10:14 AM
Yep, the Sun-lit Uplands are on their way, Ovium.
Sure like you have a clue what I am talking about. Stick with kettles. So it at least keeps me laughing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 01:01:53 AMGerry believes

So finally, we have an acknowledgement that it's all guesswork. Don't suppose there are any links to Gerry's beliefs? Closest I know of is Gerry's of Morecambe.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 01:08:45 AM
Well come the 31st of December the hounds will be set loose. Mark can make the tea.

Yep, the Sun-lit Uplands are on their way, Ovium.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

Sheepy

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 01:06:46 AM
Nothing beats the non-existent Brexit you haven't had for four years, Ovium.
Well come the 31st of December the hounds will be set loose. Mark can make the tea.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 01:04:35 AM
Beats non-existent Celtic kettles.

Nothing beats the non-existent Brexit you've had for four years, Ovium. You leavers really are an efficient lot.

Sheepy

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 01:01:53 AM
I think any intelligent person would have gathered that Gerry believes the cost to be open-ended from the 'it can only get worse'. Does everything have to be spelled out for you?
Beats non-existent Celtic kettles.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 12:58:00 AM
It's only an hour ago you told me it was impossible to say what the cost of Brexit was, now you've got the figures?

I think any intelligent person would have gathered that Gerry believes the cost to be open-ended from the 'it can only get worse'. Does everything have to be spelled out for you?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 12:53:55 AM
Net contributions about 8b a yr.
Cost of brexit for 3 yrs 130b, cost per yr approx 40b
There's no saving for the UK, but a further loss per year of 32b and that's before you factor in facing an EU tariff wall, no financial passporting etc....

It can only get worse

It's only an hour ago you told me it was impossible to say what the cost of Brexit was, now you've got the figures?

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on October 14, 2020, 12:45:22 AM
Since everyone is plucking figures out of the air, I thought I would join in.

I reckon that the interest payments on the National Debt will increase by about 3 billions. And since we will save around 10 billions a year by leaving the EU, then Brussels will be effectively funding the furlonging of the British workforce for the next three years.

God bless Barnier. He may be barmy, but God bless him anyway.  :) :)
All very well, but now JD says the EU have cheated us out of another 200 billion, probably small change to the bankers, but even so, when will they be giving it back?

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 12:46:52 AM
Puts hands to head and shakes slowly left and right, good god the level of ignorance being displayed.

It is embarrassing Gerry, but while it is unlikely that you will get better and indeed seem to be getting worse, we are forgiving sorts on this forum.

:) :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 12:44:28 AM
How would you be 90b better off, and how is it 5 yrs, hint Art 50 was invoked 29 mar 2017.

Hows the 50,000 customs officials going and the chemical agency estimated at 800m a yr and all he other brexit costs like paying companies large sums not to leave. Oh all most forgot, whats the tax revenue lost on that  240b JPMorgan are moving out of the UK and the total of near 800b that will be gone by yr end.

Sure, you would have been far better off.

In 2019 JP Morgan paid £600,000 in tax in the U.K. Gerry, not a great loss really.

GerryT

I reckon that the interest payments on the National Debt will increase by about 3 billions. And since we will save around 10 billions a year by leaving the EU, then Brussels will be effectively funding the furlonging of the British workforce for the next three years.

God bless Barnier. He may be barmy, but God bless him anyway.  :) :)

Net contributions about 8b a yr.
Cost of brexit for 3 yrs 130b, cost per yr approx 40b
There's no saving for the UK, but a further loss per year of 32b and that's before you factor in facing an EU tariff wall, no financial passporting etc....

It can only get worse

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 12:46:52 AM
Puts hands to head and shakes slowly left and right, good god the level of ignorance being displayed.
LOL how do you mean? are you saying this has always been a one way street?

Jaydee

Which figure did I pluck out of the air.  And what figure did the experts who said the figures I produced were wrong.. corrected them