General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 14, 2020, 08:26:39 AM
You are saying everybody but you is wrong. .  So if that is the case.  You put the correct ones.  Instead of just making statements.  That you cannot back up. Your denial is in a class of its own. And you have still spectacularly failed to explain your diagram.  Elucidate please. In terms of this one.  Let me repeat it again.  Big Kranky Bojo, the Downing Street muppet.  Has cost the UK tax payer more than the UK has contributed over the  last 40 years and there has been a drop of 3% in the UK economy.  Correct it. Source OECD.  UK Government, ONS, and Bloomberg. Now you correct their figures. Figures from a House of Commons library document puts the UK's net contribution to the European Union and European Commission budget between 1973 and 2018 at around £163 billion..  The cost is estimated to cost £200 by the end of the year.  And on target.  Now you give the correct figures.  As you are saying the UK government and the rest named.  Have it all wrong. That means for the second time.  When you say it is wrong.  You must know the correct figures. Produce them.  What other figure can you not find.

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-will-cost-uk-more-than-total-payments-to-eu-2020-1?r=US&IR=T
https://www.oecd.org/unitedkingdom/the-economic-consequences-of-brexit-a-taxing-decision.htm
https://pol-tics.com/index.php?action=post;quote=42119;topic=150.0;last_msg=42119

I suggest you try and understand what they are saying

Firstly, the previous graph shows UK was coming back down until covid hit. If you can't see that then there is no hope.

The first link has just been disproved by full facts thanks to Gerry.

Secondly, the OECD or any of them have not got a single prediction right yet about Brexit.

Finally, what a link to you quoting me is supposed to mean is beyond me.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Jaydee

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 07:48:23 AM
So you put out 10 figures and link to the one that is supposition anyway. It also clearly states that 'Both of these contribution figures are higher than the "economic cost of Brexit"'

You are saying everybody but you is wrong. .  So if that is the case.  You put the correct ones.  Instead of just making statements.  That you cannot back up. Your denial is in a class of its own. And you have still spectacularly failed to explain your diagram.  Elucidate please. In terms of this one.  Let me repeat it again.  Big Kranky Bojo, the Downing Street muppet.  Has cost the UK tax payer more than the UK has contributed over the  last 40 years and there has been a drop of 3% in the UK economy.  Correct it. Source OECD.  UK Government, ONS, and Bloomberg. Now you correct their figures. Figures from a House of Commons library document puts the UK's net contribution to the European Union and European Commission budget between 1973 and 2018 at around £163 billion..  The cost is estimated to cost £200 by the end of the year.  And on target.  Now you give the correct figures.  As you are saying the UK government and the rest named.  Have it all wrong. That means for the second time.  When you say it is wrong.  You must know the correct figures. Produce them.  What other figure can you not find.

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-will-cost-uk-more-than-total-payments-to-eu-2020-1?r=US&IR=T
https://www.oecd.org/unitedkingdom/the-economic-consequences-of-brexit-a-taxing-decision.htm
https://pol-tics.com/index.php?action=post;quote=42119;topic=150.0;last_msg=42119

Quote from: Baff on October 14, 2020, 02:28:22 AM
I suggest you find some better experts.

I suggest you try and understand what they are saying

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 01:43:52 AM

https://fullfact.org/europe/online-cost-brexit-net-contributions/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-10/-170-billion-and-counting-the-cost-of-brexit-for-the-u-k

So you put out 10 figures and link to the one that is supposition anyway. It also clearly states that 'Both of these contribution figures are higher than the "economic cost of Brexit"'
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 01:28:42 AM
Just working with what the experts say, the one's you chose to ignore. 130b, could be +/- but I'll accept their findings until someone shows a credible alternative with some research,

I presume you read the report, what did you think of it, what did you find didn't stand up to scrutiny or did the author make incorrect assumptions, what's your thoughts ?
I suggest you find some better experts.

GerryT

Sheepy

On another point you seem to think will be in the EU's favour, maybe we want Biden to win the US election, then we can finally move on with other plans we might or might not have.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 01:30:20 AM
We'll the UK's had 40 yrs of blaming all the UK mistakes on them so why change now ?

Only that brexit was a UK idea and was acted upon by the UK and the outcome would be ? you guessed it, down to the UK.
You mean like joining the bullshit in the first place, Finally you make a good point.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 01:08:45 AM
Well come the 31st of December the hounds will be set loose. Mark can make the tea.

With all those kettles He could make a lot of tea

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 01:26:07 AMWell typical EU backchat, never their fault, I guess you three stooges won't be dipping in your pockets then.

We'll the UK's had 40 yrs of blaming all the UK mistakes on them so why change now ?

Only that brexit was a UK idea and was acted upon by the UK and the outcome would be ? you guessed it, down to the UK.

GerryT

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 12:58:00 AM
It's only an hour ago you told me it was impossible to say what the cost of Brexit was, now you've got the figures?
Just working with what the experts say, the one's you chose to ignore. 130b, could be +/- but I'll accept their findings until someone shows a credible alternative with some research,

I presume you read the report, what did you think of it, what did you find didn't stand up to scrutiny or did the author make incorrect assumptions, what's your thoughts ?

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 01:23:10 AM
Your economy has shrunk by that amount due to covid, you did that to yourselves
Well typical EU backchat, never their fault, I guess you three stooges won't be dipping in your pockets then.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 12:57:27 AMAll very well, but now JD says the EU have cheated us out of another 200 billion, probably small change to the bankers, but even so, when will they be giving it back?
Your economy has shrunk by that amount due to covid, you did that to yourselves

Sheepy

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 01:17:01 AM
Like anyone ever has a clue what you're talking about!!!
Mark does, he wasn't making kettles he only said that, he was buying them from the Chinese on a mark up.

GerryT

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 12:55:11 AMIn 2019 JP Morgan paid £600,000 in tax in the U.K. Gerry, not a great loss really.
Maybe so but the UK financial services sector is worth 8T, with 800b moving that's nearly 10%, the financial services sector contributes 75b in tax revenue, a simple extrapolation is a loss of 10% of the 75b, funny, that's about what the EU cost the UK every year.
The cost of leaving is def heading north of the cost of the EU, time will tell if that trend continues or reverses.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 01:14:18 AM
Sure like you have a clue what I am talking about.

Like anyone ever has a clue what you're talking about!!!
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.