General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: nick on October 13, 2020, 11:16:55 PMCan%u2019t back up? You see the bit around Sept 2019 that is lower than the bit around Sept 17, that%u2019s called going down.  Quid Pro Quo Jimmy!!

I think if you look at the UK GDP since 2008 you can see it rise from about 35% to over 80% 2016, Brexit happens and early '19 well before c19 it takes off, over 90% before yr end 2019 and climbing. I don't know why you bring national debt into it, it's a strawman. All that proves is the UK is a basket case, brexit won't fix the problems in the UK, they will only make it worse.

https://www.economicshelp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/uk-debt-june-2020.png

And Brexit happened March 2017, it's after that date, that brexit happened but not properly until you actual leave, thats next yr.

PS you do realise the UK GDP growth in 2018 reduced the ratio and not the level of debt. When UK GDP slows and debt increases, we'll see where it goes

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 14, 2020, 09:18:11 AM
Coming back from what.  Elucidate please.  O)r give med the link.   Prior to Covid Debt to GDP was at 85.9% and rising.  And it is thought that when it reaches 90%.  That was expected to occur on Brexit. Or rather on the end of the transition. The economy then becomes irrecoverable. And the ONS figures UK GDP fell by 20.4% in Quarter 2 (Apr to June) 2020.  And the FT has estimated it is now over 100%.  Of which Big Kranky Bojo the Downing street Muppet will blame on Covid.

Your figures please.  Second on Brexit.  The figures were from the UK government.  And Confirmed by the OECD, ONS, the FT and Bloomberg.  And posted in the House of commons library.  And once again you are making a statement.  If  all the figures are wrong.  You must know the correct figures . Produce them.  And finally. You asked me for links.  I gave you them. The UK Government.  The House of Common Library, the OECD and ONS.  According to you they are all wrong. Produce the correct figures.  You must know what they are.

Oh, all of a sudden you're a big fan of links. I already posted the image with reference to the site at the bottom

See the yellow highlighted but that's less on the right than on the left. That's called going down.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on October 14, 2020, 01:28:36 PMYippee! Light dawns!

You'r prob right, but then...

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54538648

Looks like a big dent in UK electric car manufacturing plans, even if johnson gets a deal. Yep the climb down has started.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 14, 2020, 01:28:36 PM
Yippee! Light dawns! :)

As I may well have said before, the nearest Gerry has been to Ireland is a pint of Nigerian Guinness. But he gets there in the end. :) 
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 01:24:35 PM
In that case we'll see the EU drop it's position on NI, level playing field, a robust dispute resolution mechanism and fishing. I can see the climb down now.

Yippee! Light dawns! :)

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 14, 2020, 01:09:55 PM
It's quite possibly a ploy to show value for money for their extortionate salaries plus mega perks. They have to be seen to be appearing to put EU members first.

It is my belief that all this bollocks about negotiations is merely a means whereby Barnier and Frost pad out their expenses. I don't mind that, but I can't get my head round the idea that this bollocks about fishing rights and whether EU or UK bankers are the biggest crooks matters very much.
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on October 14, 2020, 01:09:55 PMIt's quite possibly a ploy to show value for money for their extortionate salaries plus mega perks. They have to be seen to be appearing to put EU members first.
In that case we'll see the EU drop it's position on NI, level playing field, a robust dispute resolution mechanism and fishing. I can see the climb down now.

GerryT

Quote from: T00ts on October 14, 2020, 12:52:15 PMIsn't it true that the fat lady has been warming up for some weeks and is now practising her arpeggios? She'll be singing full bore by the deadline as we all know. The EU MO is always the same. Late night drama with gluttonous dining for free, then bleary eyed white flags at dawn.
Well we won't have very long to wait for the great EU surrender, at least it won't be on an empty belly. Who'll start a countdown, the surrender monkey clock with 35hr's to go.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on October 14, 2020, 01:05:45 PM
The bottom line is that there is nothing to argue about. There is a keffule about UK fishing rights which boils down to how much our fishermen can sell their rights to fish in British water to Johnny Foreigner and that is about it.

In a couple of months when Boris has been told that abolishing Christmas is no way to get re elected he will probably try to declare war on France, but other than that the negotiations are a lot of fuss over not very much.

It's quite possibly a ploy to show value for money for their extortionate salaries plus mega perks. They have to be seen to be appearing to put EU members first.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 14, 2020, 12:52:15 PM
Isn't it true that the fat lady has been warming up for some weeks and is now practising her arpeggios? She'll be singing full bore by the deadline as we all know. The EU MO is always the same. Late night drama with gluttonous dining for free, then bleary eyed white flags at dawn.

The bottom line is that there is nothing to argue about. There is a keffule about UK fishing rights which boils down to how much our fishermen can sell their rights to fish in British water to Johnny Foreigner and that is about it.

In a couple of months when Boris has been told that abolishing Christmas is no way to get re elected he will probably try to declare war on France, but other than that the negotiations are a lot of fuss over not very much.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 12:38:48 PM

Talking about deals, isn't tomorrow 'die in a ditch' Johnson's deadline for a trade deal. I suppose he'll stick to his word being an honourable chap and walk away from talks.

Isn't it true that the fat lady has been warming up for some weeks and is now practising her arpeggios? She'll be singing full bore by the deadline as we all know. The EU MO is always the same. Late night drama with gluttonous dining for free, then bleary eyed white flags at dawn.

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on October 14, 2020, 12:21:57 PMGroup Renault.

JD is a Tory Remainer and as such wants to betray the UK to the French, hence his adoration of EU car markers
??
Business makes decisions on economics not politics. Nissan want to sell into all markets, if UK manufactured Nissan models are more expensive than Japanese manufactured models then NIssan will move production to maximise profits. If you want to keep car manufacturing then get onto your local MP to shake the tree.

Talking about deals, isn't tomorrow 'die in a ditch' Johnson's deadline for a trade deal. I suppose he'll stick to his word being an honourable chap and walk away from talks.

Borchester

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 10:36:37 AM
Dunno, anybody know who owns the controlling interest in Nissan?

Group Renault.

JD is a Tory Remainer and as such wants to betray the UK to the French, hence his adoration of EU car markers
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Dunno, anybody know who owns the controlling interest in Nissan?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Jaydee

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 08:48:41 AM

Firstly, the previous graph shows UK was coming back down until covid hit. If you can't see that then there is no hope.

Coming back from what.  Elucidate please.  O)r give med the link.   Prior to Covid Debt to GDP was at 85.9% and rising.  And it is thought that when it reaches 90%.  That was expected to occur on Brexit. Or rather on the end of the transition. The economy then becomes irrecoverable. And the ONS figures UK GDP fell by 20.4% in Quarter 2 (Apr to June) 2020.  And the FT has estimated it is now over 100%.  Of which Big Kranky Bojo the Downing street Muppet will blame on Covid.

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 08:48:41 AMThe first link has just been disproved by full facts thanks to Gerry.

Secondly, the OECD or any of them have not got a single prediction right yet about Brexit.

Finally, what a link to you quoting me is supposed to mean is beyond me.

Your figures please.  Second on Brexit.  The figures were from the UK government.  And Confirmed by the OECD, ONS, the FT and Bloomberg.  And posted in the House of commons library.  And once again you are making a statement.  If  all the figures are wrong.  You must know the correct figures . Produce them.  And finally. You asked me for links.  I gave you them. The UK Government.  The House of Common Library, the OECD and ONS.  According to you they are all wrong. Produce the correct figures.  You must know what they are.