General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 11:39:28 PM
I'd say post brexit, living in the UK as a 'foreigner' is def going to get better.

At least he's very mobile:'Have caravan, will travel'.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

GerryT

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 11:12:12 PM
Porky's anti-EU sentiments are very peculiar, Gerry. He would be banished by his people if they knew he'd voted Conservative, let alone supported Brexit.

The following shows what the EU has done for the Roma population:

https://ec.europa.eu/info/policies/justice-and-fundamental-rights/combatting-discrimination/roma-eu/roma-equality-inclusion-and-participation-eu_en

Compare with how they've been treated by the English establishment: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/11/racism-travellers-gypsies-parliament-mps-poll

I'd say post brexit, living in the UK as a 'foreigner' is def going to get better.

Cor Blimey!

He may be morbidly obese and curiously racist, but Porky does a damn fine palm-read. He has the gift of second-sight. That's where Nick is getting all the inside information about the future of Brexit.
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

GerryT

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 09:03:37 PMWell it pissed off all the limp wristed Lilly livered lefty remoaners no end for a start, that's  worth a billion right there.

You do know that historically when the British leave chaos reigns? The EU will be different, but in a year or so when Brexit is shown to be a success, the eyes of countries like France, Italy and the NetherLands will be looking at Britain and wanting the same. Italy already wants it and a vast majority of the Netherlands does too. So there is a success, driving the final nail into the failed EU project.
I'm not so sure, you left IRL as you couldn't stomach the fight and we did pretty well, you were thrown out of USA and their doing fine. I could keep going.

You need to look closer at home, get people to want brexit there would be a start. Polls now suggest over 57% want to remain in the EU and just 35% want brexit.  There's not many people looking at the UK and thinking, that's the way to do things. The bumbling Johnson is making a dogs dinner of a bad idea. In fact support for the EU is rising across Europe, Thanks UK, your helping to unite the block,
https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-poll-most-british-people-want-to-rejoin-eu-2020-6?r=US&IR=T

Still no examples ?  you know a Brexit financial success story, I'm bored with the bad stories, cheer me up.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 11:01:04 PM
NO, I haven't said that. But you have, lots of times.

Are you a closet Paddy Borky.

Porky's anti-EU sentiments are very peculiar, Gerry. He would be banished by his people if they knew he'd voted Conservative, let alone supported Brexit.

The following shows what the EU has done for the Roma population:

https://ec.europa.eu/info/policies/justice-and-fundamental-rights/combatting-discrimination/roma-eu/roma-equality-inclusion-and-participation-eu_en

Compare with how they've been treated by the English establishment: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/11/racism-travellers-gypsies-parliament-mps-poll

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on October 14, 2020, 07:25:12 PMYes, I can. It was the 2016 referendum when we said said f**k you to the EU. And since then you have been coming on this and similar forums telling us that the UK will be brought to its knees by the efforts of the Irish pig farmers and the morale authority of that nice Mr Barnier, neither of which Brexiters give a shit about.
NO, I haven't said that. But you have, lots of times.

Are you a closet Paddy Borky.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 06:51:46 PMCan you point to a success story of Brexit

Well it pissed off all the limp wristed Lilly livered lefty remoaners no end for a start, that's  worth a billion right there.

You do know that historically when the British leave chaos reigns? The EU will be different, but in a year or so when Brexit is shown to be a success, the eyes of countries like France, Italy and the NetherLands will be looking at Britain and wanting the same. Italy already wants it and a vast majority of the Netherlands does too. So there is a success, driving the final nail into the failed EU project.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 14, 2020, 08:46:17 PM
Only the other day you were promising to throw Porky's mates in the river, now you're coming to his rescue. God help anyone who needs you as his ally.
don't tell lies General, I said it was a full time job keeping them out of the bottom of the river you were welcome too. Fact.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Sheepy on October 14, 2020, 08:43:55 PM
What's this the great Celtic revival had another set back, General Cor will need to rewrite his map.

Only the other day you were promising to throw Porky's mates in the river, now you're coming to his rescue. God help anyone who needs you as his ally.

Sheepy

What's this the great Celtic revival had another set back, General Cor will need to rewrite his map.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: Borchester on October 14, 2020, 07:25:12 PM
Yes, I can. It was the 2016 referendum when we said said f**k you to the EU. And since then you have been coming on this and similar forums telling us that the UK will be brought to its knees by the efforts of the Irish pig farmers and the morale authority of that nice Mr Barnier, neither of which Brexiters give a shit about.

I don't understand why you're so damned patriotic, Borchester. It's not as if England has always been kind to its gypsy population. The Royal Navy probably shot your ancestors from their cannons when they ran out of ammunition. Keep on kissing the rod that beats you, Porky.

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 06:51:46 PM

Can you point to a success story of Brexit,

Yes, I can. It was the 2016 referendum when we said said F@@@ you to the EU. And since then you have been coming on this and similar forums telling us that the UK will be brought to its knees by the efforts of the Irish pig farmers and the morale authority of that nice Mr Barnier, neither of which Brexiters give a shit about.
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 06:21:21 PMDo you mean the bit between 2008 and 2010 where the % debt to GDP grew by 35% in 3 years?  Under a labour government. It took 9 years to grow by 20% under the Tories, and was coming back down for 2 years up until COVID popped up.

As for your last comment, yes. That's why it's call % GDP.
I have no idea why you brought this up. We were discussing the cost of brexit, we gave details that show it was at 130b and rising, we've also listed all the added costs that are coming if it's no deal, customs officials, threats to the car industry, Tariff charges on exports cutting sales, a further drop in Stg, chemical agency etc.... .
You decide to throw up a national debt to GDP ratio ???
The UK national debt is rising every yr and with the Brexit hit that's coming AND possibly another c19 hit, that number will only go north.

Can you point to a success story of Brexit, I know you haven't left yet but I'm sure there's dozens of trade deals lined up that are far better than the same deal you had while a EU member. I'm sure you have a list of those EU rules and regulations that were binding your hands that have now been identified and will be removed 1st January.
Looking forward to your reply, too much doom and gloom around here, a good news story is needed.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 14, 2020, 02:20:12 PMI think if you look at the UK GDP since 2008

Do you mean the bit between 2008 and 2010 where the % debt to GDP grew by 35% in 3 years?  Under a labour government. It took 9 years to grow by 20% under the Tories, and was coming back down for 2 years up until COVID popped up.

As for your last comment, yes. That's why it's call % GDP.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Jaydee

Quote from: nick on October 14, 2020, 01:50:25 PM

Oh, all of a sudden you're a big fan of links. I already posted the image with reference to the site at the bottom

See the yellow highlighted but that's less on the right than on the left. That's called going down.

No I see you are a now big fan of the links. I gave the links.  Now lets look at yours,  For a day you were screaming that every body from the UK government to the ONS and posters on here  and their figures were wrong.  With the added bonus you admitted you could not produce the real ones.  Then lo and behold out of the blue.  You produce a meaningless graph.  That has absolutely nothing to do with the debate. The only graph in the entire economy which is suddenly correct.  And I have just told you.  And it has been explained again. Prior to covid the debt to GDP was rising and stood at 86.9%.  And that as already pointed out to you by  the previous poster from around 35% when this bunch of tosspots took power. So how do you conclude, the only figure in the world that is correct to your economics, was falling.   And oh The average general government gross debt across the other  EU member states at the end of June 2019 was 80.5% of GDP. I have already thanked you for wondering why the Emperors Clothes came to mind.   I now know why credibility and gap is like wise.