General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Jaydee

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2020, 11:41:25 PM

Your links not mine. Both the links openings are wrong, the UK is not an EU member state.

Third paragraph of your link: Certification Not Required to Give Effect to the UK's Goods Schedules

Good work Jimmy, you managed to disprove your own argument. Thanks.

Thanks for highlighting the membership part Jimmy, saved me the job.

First paragraph: The United Kingdom has been a member of the WTO since 1995 and a member of GATT since 1948

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/countries_e/united_kingdom_e.htm

Give it up!'

Good work.  You do not have a clue what you are talking about.  And I know the UK has been a member since 1948.  What it does not have is Treaties from 1975. That is held by the EU. Good work.    Well done.  Stick to the Emperor's  Clothes. And the fanny even admitted by the tosspots in Downing Street. . Britain signalled on Thursday that its attempt to seal terms for its post-Brexit membership of the World Trade Organization by a fast-track procedure had failed, and it must now enter negotiations which are likely to be lengthy.  You have had evidence after evidence and still in denial.  It is wasted breath.

https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2018/10/26/the-uk-fails-to-join-the-wto-and-heads-for-limbo/

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 20, 2020, 10:59:24 PM

You are without doubt.  In a class of your own.  Tell me something.  Do you actually understand what is happening.  Or read links.  The UK is not a member of the WTO.   Since 1975 its schedule of concession has been held by the EU. And will still do so on a crash out.  Or unless a deal is arrived at.  That is why the UK had to apply for its own  schedule of concession, which was rejected by at least a dozen countries.  Or did Liam Fox apply just for the hell of it.   So let me ask you again.  What is a Australian type deal.   And how is the UK going to trade with out a schedule of concession. Or is your version of English  grammar creating a problem.  I have already asked you about 5 times.  Who do you actually think you are trying to kid. And you have not covered any points. You made statements. Do read the links.  Instead of the fanny being spouted by No 10

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=f8281f8c-c63a-4453-a72b-0c849c433d44 

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/legislative-train/theme-a-balanced-and-progressive-trade-policy-to-harness-globalisation/file-brexit-tariff-rate-quotas-in-the-wto

Your links not mine. Both the links openings are wrong, the UK is not an EU member state.

Third paragraph of your link: Certification Not Required to Give Effect to the UK's Goods Schedules

Good work Jimmy, you managed to disprove your own argument. Thanks.

Thanks for highlighting the membership part Jimmy, saved me the job.

First paragraph: The United Kingdom has been a member of the WTO since 1995 and a member of GATT since 1948

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/countries_e/united_kingdom_e.htm

Give it up!'
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Jaydee

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2020, 10:45:35 PM
Which part is wrong? Your understanding of the WTO, that's what is wrong.

For the last time: WTO members have an "absolute" right to amend or withdraw concessions, provided that they follow proper procedures in relation to compensation, and so it is likely that certification has little more than evidentiary value. As such, if the UK's request for certification is rejected, all that can happen is that a disaffected WTO member could commence dispute settlement proceedings. If the UK has incorporated all generic commitments, and if it has been sufficiently generous in determining its share of the EU-wide quantified commitments, such complaints will be little more than a nuisance.

Your other points have been covered by the above.

You are without doubt.  In a class of your own.  Tell me something.  Do you actually understand what is happening.  Or read links.  The UK is not a member of the WTO.   Since 1975 its schedule of concession has been held by the EU. And will still do so on a crash out.  Or unless a deal is arrived at.  That is why the UK had to apply for its own  schedule of concession, which was rejected by at least a dozen countries.  Or did Liam Fox apply just for the hell of it.   So let me ask you again.  What is a Australian type deal.   And how is the UK going to trade with out a schedule of concession. Or is your version of English  grammar creating a problem.  I have already asked you about 5 times.  Who do you actually think you are trying to kid. And you have not covered any points. You made statements. Do read the links.  Instead of the fanny being spouted by No 10.   And may I add. If you are a administrator.  Which I presume a Mod.  Then may I suggest to those who appointed you.  Take a look at your replies to me, re punctuation, then understand not everybody is as clever as you 

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=f8281f8c-c63a-4453-a72b-0c849c433d44 
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/legislative-train/theme-a-balanced-and-progressive-trade-policy-to-harness-globalisation/file-brexit-tariff-rate-quotas-in-the-wto

Jaydee

Quote from: Baff on October 20, 2020, 10:31:35 PM
How are they paying you if they don't have any money?
Clearly they do have money.

And complain all you like about the debts they run up.
Those accumulated debts are being spent to support you.

I'd be quite happy for more cuts myself.
Makes no difference to me.

This is going to come as a surprise.  The righties  do not have money.  Or any government.  And I have paid my dues.,  Your dole money is not paying dues.

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 20, 2020, 10:21:25 PMAustralia operates under WTO based rules.  And all 164 countries have  to comply and agree with those rules. Do you honestly think countries are queuing up to to risk their interest to the clueless crap being spouted by Big Kranky, Bojo.     .  And the UK Schedule of Concession application  was rejected by over a dozen counties in 2019.  Which part of that is wrong.

Which part is wrong? Your understanding of the WTO, that's what is wrong.

For the last time: WTO members have an "absolute" right to amend or withdraw concessions, provided that they follow proper procedures in relation to compensation, and so it is likely that certification has little more than evidentiary value. As such, if the UK's request for certification is rejected, all that can happen is that a disaffected WTO member could commence dispute settlement proceedings. If the UK has incorporated all generic commitments, and if it has been sufficiently generous in determining its share of the EU-wide quantified commitments, such complaints will be little more than a nuisance.

Your other points have been covered by the above.

Baff

Quote from: Jaydee on October 20, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
That is correct.  Having paid tax since the mid 50's.  And still doing so on my pension. Not once having claimed benefit.  And so does your dole money keep arriving on time..  Despite all the money being spent by the righties. That means it was not spent by the lefties.  As you stated.
How are they paying you if they don't have any money?
Clearly they do have money.

And complain all you like about the debts they run up.
Those accumulated debts are being spent to support you.

I'd be quite happy for more cuts myself.
Makes no difference to me.

Baff

If the UK isn't WTO certified it just continues to trade as if it was, until such time as it is.

Those are the rules of the WTO.

Jaydee

Quote from: Baff on October 20, 2020, 10:20:30 PM
And yet your pension cheques keep arriving on time.

That is correct.  Having paid tax since the mid 50's.  And still doing so on my pension. Not once having claimed benefit.  And so does your dole money keep arriving on time..  Despite all the money being spent by the righties. That means it was not spent by the lefties.  As you stated. 

Jaydee

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2020, 09:44:40 PM
It's a cooperative style deal based on trade.

The WTO is defunct and the UK issued its schedule back in 2018. Think you need to get up to date.

Australia operates under WTO based rules.  And all 164 countries have  to comply and agree with those rules. Do you honestly think countries are queuing up to to risk their interest to the clueless crap being spouted by Big Kranky, Bojo.     .  And the UK Schedule of Concession application  was rejected by over a dozen counties in 2019.  Which part of that is wrong.  Which I have already posted to you twice. You matey.  Need to try and understand what is being asked.  So let me ask you again.  What is a Australian type deal.  Even the government does not have a clue and admitted it.  It is nothing less and nothing more than a absolute pie in the sky load of bollocks  and semantics.   I gave you the link in my last post.  And tell me. How is the UK going to to do this magical Australian type deal without a Schedule.  You are making one thing very clear.  You do not have a clue.  And being blinded by absolute moronic fanny being spouted by Number 10.  Which you are swallowing hook line and sinker.    And the penny is now dropping.  But you will never admit you have been totally hoodwinked. That is more than clear.  With or without question marks, or your version of English grammar

Baff

Quote from: Jaydee on October 20, 2020, 09:44:04 PM
That is funny.  You just stated the lefties are going to spend all our money.  A bit late.  The righties have already done that. Twice over.  Complete with a annual debt servicing of some £60 billion. That is more than the defence budget.
And yet your pension cheques keep arriving on time.
While mine don't.
They have been cancelled to pay for yours.

I don't care what debts the government has. I don't work for them.
They don't pay me.

Lefties will spend as much money as they can take from me.
That is their way.

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 20, 2020, 03:39:08 PM
Oh dear.  How very difficult to understand a question.  So let me put question marks after it.

QuoteCould you explain to me what a Australian type deal is?

It's a cooperative style deal based on trade.

QuoteThen can you tell me how the UK is going to trade when it does not have a Schedule of Concession?

The WTO is defunct and the UK issued its schedule back in 2018. Think you need to get up to date.

Jaydee

Quote from: Baff on October 20, 2020, 09:38:15 PM
They are all the same.
Some are worse than others and all of them are bad.

It's why we don't want extra layers of government so that we get even more of them screwing with our money.
Don't want an extra palace full of wankers in Brussels, an extra palace full of the same wankers in Strasbourg, an extra palace full of wankers in Edinburgh and Cardiff and Stormont.

I'd much rather have some soldiers thanks.

That is funny.  You just stated the lefties are going to spend all our money.  A bit late.  The righties have already done that. Twice over.  Complete with a annual debt servicing of some £60 billion. That is more than the defence budget.

Baff

Quote from: Jaydee on October 20, 2020, 09:06:24 PM
Oh look the righties are in power for the next 4 years.  Having spent all the tax payers money in the last 10 years.  Having already spend more money on Brexit in a few years. Than the entire contribution the UK has made to the EU.  And the NHS bus is now missing.  The righties having racked up a NHS bill of over £300 billion to English local authorities.  .  That is more than the entire gold reserves held by the  Bank of England.  What was that about lefties. Not to mention the £17 million Big Kranky Bojo cost the London rate payer on his bridge then add the water canons on top of that.  Having doubled the National debt. Destroyed the NHS, and cut some 30,000 English Police Officers  Destroyed the army to around 80,000 to a defence force.  There are more Police officers in England than soldiers in the British army   Just for starters.  But heh why let facts get in the road.  By the way.  What is a leftie. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/brexit-will-cost-uk-more-than-total-payments-to-eu-2020-1?r=US&IR=T
https://inews.co.uk/news/legacy-pfi-contracts-wasteful-shocking-exclusive-investigation-350832
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/boris-johnson-350-million-a-week-nhs-claim-55554

They are all the same.
Some are worse than others and all of them are bad.

It's why we don't want extra layers of government so that we get even more of them screwing with our money.
Don't want an extra palace full of wankers in Brussels, an extra palace full of the same wankers in Strasbourg, an extra palace full of wankers in Edinburgh and Cardiff and Stormont.

I'd much rather have some soldiers thanks.

Jaydee

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2020, 09:22:20 PM

Look who has been to grammar school 😂.

Te he.  Look who cannot, and is totally incapable of answering  questions.  On statements he posted.  And I am still waiting on one correction to anything that I have posted.  And by the way. You do not need to be the brain of Britain to work out.  A brain would suffice.   I am dyslexic.  I am sure it amuses you. Te he.. 

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 20, 2020, 03:39:08 PMAnd let me give you a lesson in grammar. When your sentence is a straightforward question, the question mark goes at the very end and serves as the terminal punctuation mark. But things can get tricky when you have other punctuation nearby.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/question-mark/

Look who has been to grammar school 😂.