General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 22, 2020, 11:31:40 AM

And what the hell is a future colony?

That puzzled me as well, given it is looking as if the "United Kingdom," will split up in the not too distant future.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 22, 2020, 11:23:03 AM
We can and should strengthen our NHS by bringing in cheap workforce from our future and past colonies.
You really think that you are funny, don't you. The NHS doesn't have any cheap workforce as they are employed on a fair basis and according to legal pay scales.
From Jan 1st we won't be discriminating against non EU applicants, so the recruitment will be even fairer.
And what the hell is a future colony?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 22, 2020, 11:23:03 AM
We can and should strengthen our NHS by bringing in cheap workforce from our future and past colonies.

That frankly is a blatant Troll.

HallowedBrexit

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 22, 2020, 10:46:57 AM
Because your comment was and is rubbish.
Hmmm might be useful if you recognised it wasn't his post you dismissed as rubbish
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 22, 2020, 10:15:32 AM
Another well constructed argument there Pappy.

Because your comment was and is rubbish.

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 22, 2020, 09:52:19 AM
No. It is because in moments of stress the NHS's first response is to offer excuses and demand adoration.

Rubbish.

Nick

Quote from: Borchester on October 22, 2020, 08:48:46 AMAnd I don't have a clue what you are on about.

It's easy Mr B: If you own 15 sheep, how many Spanish Omelettes can you make with the bath plug out.
Think he's nicked Gerry's calculator.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

The NHS is the worlds 5th largest employer,
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 22, 2020, 09:45:27 AM
That is because government(s) change policy for the NHS every five minutes.

No. It is because in moments of stress the NHS's first response is to offer excuses and demand adoration.

We have just had a minor outbreak of the flu during which the NHS managed to lose 44,000 customers and still demanded that we fall on our knees at 8pm every Thursday.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2020, 09:33:13 AM
Perhaps on the front line. It doesn't stop the NHS being one of the most inefficient behemoths in existence.

That is because government(s) change policy for the NHS every five minutes.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 22, 2020, 09:31:04 AM
The NHS is woefully understaffed. Anyone who does not know that should do some fact checking.

More at link:-

https://www.rcn.org.uk/news-and-events/news/uk-staff-safety-at-risk-unless-nursing-shortages-are-addressed-170920

Staff safety at risk unless nursing shortages are addressed

Nursing is a safety critical industry and while staff have been redeployed or stepped forward from studies or retirement, the staffing situation is untenable with the profession facing severe shortages – with an estimated 50,000 nursing vacancies in the NHS in the UK alone.

Fears over health and safety, stress levels and patient complexity have all increased since the start of the pandemic, while staffing levels and the ability to take breaks have worsened.

Perhaps on the front line. It doesn't stop the NHS being one of the most inefficient behemoths in existence.

papasmurf

The NHS is woefully understaffed. Anyone who does not know that should do some fact checking.

More at link:-

https://www.rcn.org.uk/news-and-events/news/uk-staff-safety-at-risk-unless-nursing-shortages-are-addressed-170920

Staff safety at risk unless nursing shortages are addressed

Nursing is a safety critical industry and while staff have been redeployed or stepped forward from studies or retirement, the staffing situation is untenable with the profession facing severe shortages – with an estimated 50,000 nursing vacancies in the NHS in the UK alone.

Fears over health and safety, stress levels and patient complexity have all increased since the start of the pandemic, while staffing levels and the ability to take breaks have worsened.

Borchester

Quote from: Baff on October 22, 2020, 09:10:32 AM
The NHS is decimated?

Are you nuts.

https://images.app.goo.gl/44A8hn9pYrxMYXrK7

In JD's case, probably yes. A 10% increase in his medication would probably do him the world of good.

As to the NHS, one way and another it employs around 3 million people, or one worker out of every nine. Its real problem is not decimation but obesity.
Algerie Francais !