General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2020, 07:40:05 PM
That makes me so mad. I and my family are currently going private just to get some decent treatment. You have no idea!

I get excellent treatment from the NHS.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 22, 2020, 07:37:46 PM
It will be a lot worse when American Insurance companies take over the NHS next year.

That makes me so mad. I and my family are currently going private just to get some decent treatment. You have no idea!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2020, 07:34:16 PM
I am not necessarily talking about the front line although even they cannot redress the balance while they are constantly let down by those who pretend to be in charge, and that is not the Government.

It will be a lot worse when American Insurance companies take over the NHS next year.

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on October 22, 2020, 07:06:12 PM
Re the NHS:
Over the years I've listened to Mum, who's been an NHS nurse since she was 18, complaining about the waste and inefficiencies of he hospitals she's been at. Her main target has been managements with little knowledge of hospital requirements that employ no-hopers for ancillary and office staff simply because they come cheap...

My stay in the local General Hosp was a real eye opener. Efficiency wasn't something that featured. Any business and it is a business,  that can guarantee year on year money that constantly gets increased has absolutely no incentive to be careful financially. In fact they splurge cash as April approaches simply to substantiate the need for an increase in the coming year. It's an ongoing scandal considering it is no longer providing a reasonable service in so many areas. I am not necessarily talking about the front line although even they cannot redress the balance while they are constantly let down by those who pretend to be in charge, and that is not the Government.

patman post

Re the NHS:
Over the years I've listened to Mum, who's been an NHS nurse since she was 18, complaining about the waste and inefficiencies of he hospitals she's been at. Her main target has been managements with little knowledge of hospital requirements that employ no-hopers for ancillary and office staff simply because they come cheap...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on October 22, 2020, 01:32:54 PM
Nick has the ability to type a lot but say very little, much of which is off point. He's a maths genius don't you know.

Hey Nick, have you any of those financial gains since triggering Brexit, still waiting on some examples.

I certainly have.

The very next week after we voted leave in fact.
The numbers of Japanese students for my course instantly doubled.
Devaluation of the £ is great for certain sectors of the economy.
Tourism, foreign investment, production and exports for example.

In my case they wanted to study the economics of Brexit.
They just love it.
The EU is insanely unpopular you see.
The minute we showed the world we preferred them to it, they reciprocated the love.

Nick

Nick has the ability to type a lot but say very little, much of which is off point. He's a maths genius don't you know.

Hey Nick, have you any of those financial gains since triggering Brexit, still waiting on some examples.

Firstly, almost everyone is a maths genius when measured against your calculator.

Secondly, this little line you keep trotting out about still waiting for examples of financial gain is just a cover story.
A) You asked for success stories, you never mentioned finance.
B) I answered your post on the 14th October, Post #1076.

As for my saying very little Gerry, that would be down to your lack of understanding about what Brexiteers want. People are bored of explaining it to you again, again and again. All we get is Europhile drivel telling us how we are going to get punished by the EU.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

give us at least 40 years, like we gave the EU, LOL by the way, Smurfy is fast running out of trolling friends.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Financial gains! There haven't been any financial gains. As you advised us on so many occasions, at the mere suggestion of Brexit grass grew in the streets and we all died of want.

Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: papasmurf on October 22, 2020, 12:02:21 PM
I replied to a comment using the quote function. What is the problem?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 22, 2020, 12:02:21 PM

Cromwell spelt it out for you. Let's leave it there.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 22, 2020, 12:00:02 PM
Just as I logged onto the site I noticed Pappy was last to post in this thread. For a moment I wondered if Pappy had apologised for his mis-quote!! Pfffff

@papasmurf

You constantly cry to the Mods like a school yard sissy that you're being lied about, picked on and called names.
Yet you show scant respect to any other user, do you never stop to wonder why?

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on October 22, 2020, 10:56:03 AM
Hmmm might be useful if you recognised it wasn't his post you dismissed as rubbish

Just as I logged onto the site I noticed Pappy was last to post in this thread. For a moment I wondered if Pappy had apologised for his mis-quote!! Pfffff

@papasmurf

You constantly cry to the Mods like a school yard sissy that you're being lied about, picked on and called names.
Yet you show scant respect to any other user, do you never stop to wonder why?

cromwell

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on October 22, 2020, 11:23:03 AM
We can and should strengthen our NHS by bringing in cheap workforce from our future and past colonies.
Mod Notice
Gone
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?