General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on October 23, 2020, 06:12:43 PM

Simply, I don't agree that Brexit makes us poorer.

You are in for a big shock then.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baff

Quote from: Jaydee on October 23, 2020, 04:25:41 PM
Instead of talking in riddles, and meaningless soundbites.     Explain yourself.  What have I excluded myself from.  And you have a annoying habit of saying US, WE and the like.  When you mean.  YOU And I have posted to you twice.  England has voted to make itself poorer.  Now correct it. And how is that the best for even YOU

@Jaydee

Simply, I don't agree that Brexit makes us poorer.
I expect the opposite result.
And I beleive with the benefit of hindsight we can see that since the referendum the economy has been doing very well. Better than I expected. Way better.

Nor do I view this country in terms of England only.

Nor do I recognise you as someone with this countries best interest at heart.
You seem hell bent on it's destruction. And I would be a fool not recognise that this is the goal you seek to angle me towards.

Sheepy

We didn't vote for Covid, just looks skywards, the mentality of some people is astounding.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 23, 2020, 04:25:41 PMAnd you have a annoying habit of saying US, WE and the like. 

This is a Brexit thread so clearly WE means those who support Brexit.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Jaydee

Quote from: Baff on October 23, 2020, 04:15:25 PM
"We" clearly doesn't include you.

Not because we are excluding you, but because you are excluding yourself.
Which is no problem, but it does mean we are not going to take your advice on what is best for us, since you do not wish the best for us.

Instead of talking in riddles, and meaningless soundbites.     Explain yourself.  What have I excluded myself from.  And you have a annoying habit of saying US, WE and the like.  When you mean.  YOU And I have posted to you twice.  England has voted to make itself poorer.  Now correct it. And how is that the best for even YOU

Baff

"We" clearly doesn't include you.

Not because we are excluding you, but because you are excluding yourself.
Which is no problem, but it does mean we are not going to take your advice on what is best for us, since you do not wish the best for us.

Jaydee

Quote from: Baff on October 23, 2020, 04:04:36 PM
This is obvisously a good thing for all those on our nations side.
Those who aren't, won't agree.

And who is all this WE on our nations side.  Sort of like how did you put it.  Ah. Inter alia.  .  Bribe Scotland quip.  .  And who is not agreeing with who, and with what.  Allow me to repeat.  England has voted to make itself poorer. Correct it. If it is a good thing on our nations side.  And you ae about to get your doze of reality.

Baff

Quote from: Jaydee on October 23, 2020, 09:32:49 AM
What is great about it. You hoping people die or something.  Hooray its worse for France or Italy. God.  It is mind boggling the state Big Kranky, Bojo.  The Downing Street muppet.   Has got English thinking, and the mind set into.  Has it ever occurred to you in your link.  That the speaker is talking a load of bollocks. And you once again are grasping at straws.  What the guy was saying.  It will be worse for him. That is what you were cheering.  And it probably was.  You treat the EU as if it is one country. What France or Italy exports or imports from the EU is a matter for the French or Italians. Not the EU as a whole.  . Some 43% of all UK export go to the EU.  That affects one country.  The UK. There is 27 other countries in the EU.  Where UK goods go in the EU.  Is immaterial, and about a useful as a diesel driven donut to the countries where the UK exports do not go,.  They are not in the slightest interested.  Some 51% of all UK imports into the UK come from the EU.  That matey on average is just under 2% of each individual EU countries exports.   How do you work out. That between 43% and just  2% you are a sooper dooper winner.   If you can count.  Put up both hands and you will count 10 fingers. Cut of 9 of them.  And jings you will have 1 left.  That's the scale matey.  Get it into the grey matter between the lugs. England  voted to make itself poorer.  End of.  But heh why let facts get in the road.
This is obvisously a good thing for all those on our nations side.
Those who aren't, won't agree.

What's great about it is that it is a dose of hard reality in a debate otherwise defined by people being offered alternative realities. "Unicorns", as they like to drescribe it.

It is pressure being placed on our rivals, by their cohorts, to accept our reality.

To recognise the validity of our own claims and hence have the opportunity to respond to them, rather than doing what you prefer to do which is just deny reality.
And offer a counter and opposing reality. That is so divorced from your opponents that polarisation occurs. That no one can debate with you let alone compromise with you. Because you are living in your own little world and can't accept common facts.

Normally what you have heard is the opposite. Bluster.
The EU will be hurt less than the UK. Therefore the UK will fold.

But the UK isn't folding. That reality is erroneous.
These people have to address the reality of their situation if they wish to make the best possible responses to their situation.

It also shows the cracks in the EU's "unity".
Their collective bargaining power that they were "going to use against us".
Which is great because it reassures us that our estimations of them, that we have based our planning on, were indeed correct.

Jaydee

Quote from: Borchester on October 23, 2020, 10:26:27 AM
Oh Christ, this is unfair. I am sitting here waiting for my medication to kick in and it turns out that Jaydee's haven't. I only wanted to fill in an hour before I went off clear my onion beds and the only other poster is Squealing Lord Christ Knows What.

This is not a good start to the day.

Two things.  First.  Correct anything that is wrong in what I posted.  And two.  It seem to me you are the one doing the squealing.  As a addition.  You have just confirmed with Grade 1, Class A top of the pops honours.  The point of the first part on what I posted, and squealing about.

Borchester

Quote from: Jaydee on October 23, 2020, 09:32:49 AM
What is great about it. You hoping people die or something.  Hooray its worse for France or Italy. God.  It is mind boggling the state Big Kranky, Bojo.  The Downing Street muppet.   Has got English thinking, and the mind set into.  Has it ever occurred to you in your link.  That the speaker is talking a load of bollocks. And you once again are grasping at straws.  What the guy was saying.  It will be worse for him. That is what you were cheering.  And it probably was.  You treat the EU as if it is one country. What France or Italy exports or imports from the EU is a matter for the French or Italians. Not the EU as a whole.  . Some 43% of all UK export go to the EU.  That affects one country.  The UK. There is 27 other countries in the EU.  Where UK goods go in the EU.  Is immaterial, and about a useful as a diesel driven donut to the countries where the UK exports do not go,.  They are not in the slightest interested.  Some 51% of all UK imports into the UK come from the EU.  That matey on average is just under 2% of each individual EU countries exports.   How do you work out. That between 43% and just  2% you are a sooper dooper winner.   If you can count.  Put up both hands and you will count 10 fingers. Cut of 9 of them.  And jings you will have 1 left.  That's the scale matey.  Get it into the grey matter between the lugs. England  voted to make itself poorer.  End of.  But heh why let facts get in the road.

Oh Christ, this is unfair. I am sitting here waiting for my medication to kick in and it turns out that Jaydee's haven't. I only wanted to fill in an hour before I went off clear my onion beds and the only other poster is Squealing Lord Christ Knows What.

This is not a good start to the day.
Algerie Francais !

Jaydee

Quote from: Baff on October 23, 2020, 02:57:25 AM
There is a lot of great clips of the discussions going on in Brussels currently.
This one...PMSL.Best one of the day.
Vive la France!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 22, 2020, 11:15:49 PM

As for your comment that American insurance companies are taking over the NHS, they are not. It's just a load of lies and hysteria. Remainer's propaganda.

There is no propaganda involved, they have been trying to take over the NHS and the welfare state for decades.  Peter Lilley had meetings with the CEO of Unum Provident, and Unum even lobbied the Work and Pensions select committee.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200203/cmselect/cmworpen/401/3021203.htm

Then there is this:-

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2011-11-16a.158.6

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Baff

There is a lot of great clips of the discussions going on in Brussels currently.
This one...PMSL.

Best one of the day.
Vive la France!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDJtEbpjy0

Sheepy

Quote from: Baff on October 23, 2020, 12:02:40 AM
I'm thinking the treatment isn't strong enough.
On another note, the UK is now in the strongest position even more so than the Westminster party ever dreamed of, watch them and the civil service completely feck it up, from King maker to zero in 5 easy steps.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Baff

I'm thinking the treatment isn't strong enough.