General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Jaydee

Quote from: Sheepy on October 24, 2020, 04:45:22 PM
Where are your figures not some bankers idea of what you should say.

They are not my figures.  They are from the UK government.  Here is the one from 2017.  Do try and research for yourself. The first link is for explanation to 6 years old.  The second one.  You need to understand.

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-trade-deficit-eu/
https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nationalaccounts/balanceofpayments/bulletins/uktrade/august2020

Sheepy

Quote from: Jaydee on October 24, 2020, 04:43:18 PM
Let me repeat what I have just said..

Well here is what I said.

Having failed miserably to answer the question I asked. Let me make it more clear to you.  The trade gap is caused because 80% of the UK economy is servicing and banking and not considered trade. And that is only as good as the next crash.  You are still paying for the last and and will do so till you and your grandkids grandkids  die.  That is why the likes of Germany do 4 times more trade with the likes of China.  And if the UK losses its passporting right.  You tell me how much of the economy will disappear. In terms of trade.  Let me give you figures from 2016 at the time of the referendum. In 2016, the UK exported £548 billion of goods and services and imported £591 billion, resulting in a trade deficit of £43 billion.  So where you get the 100s of billions is beyond me.  I suggest you read the link

https://www.bba.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/webversion-BQB-3-1.pdf

Now correct it.  If it is wrong.  Simple as. Where is your 100s of billions.  That is what you said. And oh.  They are not my figures.  They are from the UK government. The link re BBA is explaining passporting.  And on that the UK made a surplus of some £100 billion. That is what it is set to lose. Do not blame me because you fail to understand. 

Where are your figures not some bankers idea of what you should say.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Jaydee

Quote from: Sheepy on October 24, 2020, 04:41:29 PM
No that is answering a question with a question, then saying I don't get it. Answer the question and show me your figures at the cost of staying in the EU with a large trade gap, it ain't even that hard to work out, the government even give out trade figures for you, take the gap and the cost in billions over the years at the cost of membership, then you will be somewhere near an answer. Then I might consider asking you about the hidden costs of open borders.

Let me repeat what I have just said..

Having failed miserably to answer the question I asked. Let me make it more clear to you.  The trade gap is caused because 80% of the UK economy is servicing and banking and not considered trade. And that is only as good as the next crash.  You are still paying for the last and and will do so till you and your grandkids grandkids  die.  That is why the likes of Germany do 4 times more trade with the likes of China.  And if the UK losses its passporting right.  You tell me how much of the economy will disappear. In terms of trade.  Let me give you figures from 2016 at the time of the referendum. In 2016, the UK exported £548 billion of goods and services and imported £591 billion, resulting in a trade deficit of £43 billion.  So where you get the 100s of billions is beyond me.  I suggest you read the link

Now correct it.  If it is wrong.  Simple as. Where is your 100s of billions.  That is what you said. And oh.  They are not my figures.  They are from the UK government. The link re BBA is explaining passporting.  And on that the UK made a surplus of some £100 billion. That is what it is set to lose. Do not blame me because you fail to understand. 

And a trade gap is not losing money.  It simply means the UK is shite at doing deals.  Germany does 4 times more trade with China. 

Sheepy

Quote from: Jaydee on October 24, 2020, 04:34:11 PM
No you do not get it.  That is the problem.  And let me ask the question again..  This is what I said and asked.  Now I have a better idea.  You tell me how richer you are going to be in 10 years?.
No that is answering a question with a question, then saying I don't get it. Answer the question and show me your figures at the cost of staying in the EU with a large trade gap, it ain't even that hard to work out, the government even give out trade figures for you, take the gap and the cost in billions over the years at the cost of membership, then you will be somewhere near an answer. Then I might consider asking you about the hidden costs of open borders.
Don't bother me again until you have some real figures for me to peruse over.

Jaydee

Quote from: Sheepy on October 24, 2020, 04:35:02 PMHaving failed miserably to answer the question I asked. Let me make it more clear to you.  The trade gap is caused because 80% of the UK economy is servicing and banking and not considered trade. And that is only as good as the next crash.  You are still paying for the last and and will do so till you and your grandkids grandkids  die.  That is why the likes of Germany do 4 times more trade with the likes of China.  And if the UK losses its passporting right.  You tell me how much of the economy will disappear. In terms of trade.  Let me give you figures from 2016 at the time of the referendum. In 2016, the UK exported £548 billion of goods and services and imported £591 billion, resulting in a trade deficit of £43 billion.  So where you get the 100s of billions is beyond me.  I suggest you read the link

Quote from: Sheepy on October 24, 2020, 04:35:02 PM
No you didn't you swerved it and gave me some nonsense from the BBA, lets see your figures how you have worked it. Because you haven't.

Now correct it.  If it is wrong.  Simple as. Where is your 100s of billions.  That is what you said. And oh.  They are not my figures.  They are from the UK government. The link re BBA is explaining passporting.  And on that the UK made a surplus of some £100 billion. That is what it is set to lose. 

Sheepy

Quote from: Jaydee on October 24, 2020, 04:33:19 PM
What are you talking about.  In terms of nonsense.  Correct anything I have said.  You asked me a question I gave you a answer.  I am still waiting  on the answer to the question I asked.
No you didn't you swerved it and gave me some nonsense from the BBA, lets see your figures how you have worked it. Because you haven't.

Jaydee

Quote from: Sheepy on October 24, 2020, 04:31:16 PM
I get it, I have to pretend I have a 90 IQ like you.

No you do not get it.  That is the problem.  And let me ask the question again..  This is what I said and asked.  Now I have a better idea.  You tell me how richer you are going to be in 10 years?.

Jaydee

Quote from: Sheepy on October 24, 2020, 12:44:22 PM
The only penny that has dropped, is you cannot work anything out and say it is a riddle when faced with a real question and immediately blame it all on the UK. While repeating the same nonsense we have heard for decades.

What are you talking about.  In terms of nonsense.  Correct anything I have said.  You asked me a question I gave you a answer.  I am still waiting  on the answer to the question I asked.

Sheepy

I get it, I have to pretend I have a 90 IQ like you.

Jaydee

Quote from: Nick on October 24, 2020, 03:59:27 PM
My response was taken from YOUR LINK, the WTO's own website.

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/countries_e/united_kingdom_e.htm

Which part of the link is causing you trouble.  Why do you not do something simple.   Like read it.  Instead of ranting about something you clearly know nothing about. The link below is contained within link, you posted back to me.  And instead of reading the first paragraph, and grab a bit that suits you.  Try reading the document.   And this is what it says.   

2.1. The United Kingdom was a founding party to the GATT 1947, and is an original Member of the
WTO, in its own right. However, as a Member State of the European Union, the United Kingdom's
concessions and commitments on goods and concessions and specific commitments in services were
contained within the schedule of concessions and commitments for goods and schedule of
concessions and specific commitments in services of the European Union.

https://docs.wto.org/dol2fe/Pages/SS/directdoc.aspx?filename=q:/WT/GC/206.pdf&Open=True

Then if you look on the second paragraph in the link that you returned to me.  On the bit that says.  The communication from the United Kingdom (WT/GC/206)[/b] click on the blue bit and it says this. 

2.2. On 24 July 2018 the United Kingdom's draft schedule of concessions and commitments for
goods, draft Schedule XIX – United Kingdom, was circulated for certification in document
G/MA/TAR/RS/570 under the Procedures for Modification and Rectification of Schedules of Tariff
Concessions.3 The United Kingdom is continuing productive discussions with certain Members about
aspects of that schedule. As part of that process, the United Kingdom has initiated a process under
Article XXVIII GATT with respect to tariff rate quotas and the United Kingdom is currently taking
forward negotiations and consultations with relevant Members.

That failed miserably.  Ask Liam Fox.  Which means in the other 3 links I supplied.  One from the UK Government, one from the WTO and one from the Professor.  All of whom you say are wrong.  Means that on a crash out.  The UK will have to renegotiate all treaties made to the WTO by the EU for the benefits of its members under the schedule from 1975.  As the UK will no longer be a member as from 1st Jan coming up. I suggest you understand what you are reading instead of looking for commas out of place. And you do not have a clue.  Do you.  And now clutching at straws. 

Jaydee

Quote from: Borchester on October 24, 2020, 12:49:20 PM
Ok.

We made £12 billions out of the EU in return for a membership fee of £8.9 billions.

That means a net profit of £3.1 billions.

If as you say the UK economy is shrinking by 3% per annum then in ten years that profit will shrink to £2.17 billions.

The UK has a population of 67 millions.

That means a lose of 62p a week for every man, woman and child in the UK.

And so Jaydee would sell this nation to the EU for 62p?

That is barely the price of a bar of chocolate. Never mind bothering with cross channel trade, Jaydee should be very careful of strange men offering him sweeties.

When you learn to read get back to me.  That £4 billion was for one month.  The £8.9 Billion contribution  was for 12 months.  Being equal all year.  .  That means the UK gathered £48 billion in tax for a contribution of £8.9 biollion.  But heh why let facts get in the road.  Not to mention the thousands of jobs.  And in terms of your semantics selling your country. .  You still at war with Germany. Try selling them some of your onions. 

Nick

Quote from: Jaydee on October 24, 2020, 12:05:40 PMThe UK on a crash out.  Cannot use is the EU schedule of concession to trade under WTO rules since 1975. And the UK will have to renegotiate.

My response was taken from YOUR LINK, the WTO's own website.

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/countries_e/united_kingdom_e.htm
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Jaydee on October 24, 2020, 08:17:16 AM
Well let me put it like this.  In November 2017 the UK did £12 billion worth of trade with the EU.  That raised around £4 billion in tax and employed thousands.  And in 2018 the UK was a net contributor of £8.9 billion.  I will leave you to do the maths.  On top of that.  Since then the UK economy has shrunk by 3% and has cost the UK tax payer more in 3 years more   the entire contribution since it joined the then Common Market.  Now I have a better idea.  You tell me how richer you are going to be in 10 years?.  I even put in a question mark for the benefit of Nick. He has problem's in understanding questions.  Or correct what I have just said.  Oh jings another question not going to be answered.

Ok.

We made £12 billions out of the EU in return for a membership fee of £8.9 billions.

That means a net profit of £3.1 billions.

If as you say the UK economy is shrinking by 3% per annum then in ten years that profit will shrink to £2.17 billions.

The UK has a population of 67 millions.

That means a lose of 62p a week for every man, woman and child in the UK.

And so Jaydee would sell this nation to the EU for 62p?

That is barely the price of a bar of chocolate. Never mind bothering with cross channel trade, Jaydee should be very careful of strange men offering him sweeties.

Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Jaydee on October 24, 2020, 12:39:20 PM
Why do people talk in riddles.  What did I swerve.  Is the penny dropping with facts and not fanny and becoming uncomfortable. If you disagree then correct anything I have said.  .
The only penny that has dropped, is you cannot work anything out and say it is a riddle when faced with a real question and immediately blame it all on the UK. While repeating the same nonsense we have heard for decades.

Jaydee

Quote from: Sheepy on October 24, 2020, 12:37:58 PM
Yes I know you swerved it in the first place, funny that.

Why do people talk in riddles.  What did I swerve.  Is the penny dropping with facts and not fanny and becoming uncomfortable. If you disagree then correct anything I have said.  Funny you have not done so far.