General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Baff

Quote from: patman post on October 25, 2020, 01:56:51 PM
Don't understand your fair fight comment. But a Biden administration is likely to be less of a one-man spite fest, but more thoughtful and rational than Trump's proved to be.
For years the PRC has needed to be treated with care — it can be beneficial as a trading partner, but not if it ends up owning great chunks of UK-based industry, land and real estate...
As long as we operate a trade deficit with them, there really is little else they can do with all that surplus of our cash.

You have to have something to trade.

So China won't be a beneficial trade partner with us ever, unless you are willing to trade these things.

If trading these things is not beneficial to you, then you must engage in trade protections to prevent it.
Trump has. He is the only one who has.
And you are knocking him for having done so.

Sheepy

QuoteDon't understand your fair fight comment
That is because we used a bit of the Britons magic potion.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Sheepy on October 25, 2020, 01:41:05 PM
Biden will be in a corner before or if he even gets elected. At least we set about making it a fair fight this time. Throwing the UK a few crumbs won't quite cut the mustard this time. Just ask the Chinese.
Don't understand your fair fight comment. But a Biden administration is likely to be less of a one-man spite fest, but more thoughtful and rational than Trump's proved to be.
For years the PRC has needed to be treated with care — it can be beneficial as a trading partner, but not if it ends up owning great chunks of UK-based industry, land and real estate...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on October 25, 2020, 01:18:55 PM
I don't think China or Russia care if the UK manages Brexit well or not — they've already helped cause disruption and splits among Western nations.

The US — although still ironically nursing grudges against past British colonisations and current Commonwealth influence — is more concerned with trade and technical advancement, with which the UK could be involved and benefit from...
Biden will be in a corner before or if he even gets elected. At least we set about making it a fair fight this time. Throwing the UK a few crumbs won't quite cut the mustard this time. Just ask the Chinese.

Jaydee

Quote from: Nick on October 25, 2020, 10:39:27 AM
So does attacking the wrong poster but you don't even acknowledge that do you.

I suggest you go and read your absolute insulting drivel about my punctuation.  That is your method of debating to divert when you have a total failure of communication.  Knowing full well you are 100% wrong.   And you are doing  it again. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 25, 2020, 01:18:09 PM
Give me a deal with China over the US any day.

Worryingly I have to agree.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Sheepy on October 25, 2020, 01:16:20 PM
The dopey fecks are only extending it because, they hope Biden will get in and crash democracy and Brexit, the Chinese still wait and watch, while sending out the feelers.
I don't think China or Russia care if the UK manages Brexit well or not — they've already helped cause disruption and splits among Western nations.

The US — although still ironically nursing grudges against past British colonisations and current Commonwealth influence — is more concerned with trade and technical advancement, with which the UK could be involved and benefit from...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: Sheepy on October 25, 2020, 01:16:20 PM
The dopey fecks are only extending it because, they hope Biden will get in and crash democracy and Brexit, the Chinese still wait and watch, while sending out the feelers.

Give me a deal with China over the US any day.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on October 25, 2020, 09:08:28 AM

There wont be any communicating after brexit. ::)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 25, 2020, 09:01:58 AM
Insults, ridicule and personal attacks are not communicating, and also not debating. It merely shows an inability to debate.

So does attacking the wrong poster but you don't even acknowledge that do you.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on October 25, 2020, 09:08:28 AM

We will all be dead from Covid by then.
Oh I forgot, allegedly.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 25, 2020, 08:58:06 AM
Well I do try to communicate and sadly fail ;)

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 25, 2020, 08:58:06 AM

Insults, ridicule and personal attacks are not communicating, and also not debating. It merely shows an inability to debate.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on October 25, 2020, 08:45:57 AM

Cromwell , he isnt even worthy of a reply. What a feckin ridiculous comment to make , another throw away idiotic comment from smurf as ever.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 25, 2020, 08:42:46 AM
Oh well we eat Cornish pastes instead........don't you ever get the gist of a post?....clearly not.

There won't any of those either.