General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 29, 2020, 09:57:39 AM
Why every post is the same,a poorly constructed jumble of bile.

That applies to most of this forum.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 09:27:14 AM
All of it, please.

Why every post is the same,a poorly constructed jumble of bile.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Jaydee

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 09:27:14 AM
All of it, please.

OK.  Big Kranky Bojo is a muppet and is the best thing to hit Scotland for it to go its merry way.  Who by the way.  Nobody north of the border voted for, believes or has any time for. That includes Conservative voters. 

papasmurf

Jaydee

papasmurf

Quote from: Jaydee on October 29, 2020, 09:08:51 AM
No matey.  Big Kranky Bojo the world beating  muppet and his world beating muppets are doing that.  In terms of destroying Scotland.  That will happen because England voted to make itself poorer, And the Withdrawal act is a power grab from the devolved nations.  And I voted Brexit for a reason very different  than there were to many brown faces in Tesco. That was the reality.  Which has nothing to do with the EU.  Oh Jeez in several posts.  I am anti English, now I am a enemy of the state, and seek to destroy it.   God the state of hate that froths from the mouth. When screwed for a answer.  Which translates to matey.  You have been fed fanny in a galactic sized pig in a poke and you have swallowed it hook line and sinker.  You now know it,  But you are not going to admit it. The blind fold is stuck to the eyes.    By the way Matey.  Big Kranky Bojo is backtracking waffling, and in a dizzy as he waits to see who wins the US election.  Who will he blame then.  As he tries to restart a deal with the EU. Which he is doing now. How many final meetings does he need.   His bluff, absolute testicles  and fanny has been called.  The man is a clueless  clown. Do not shoot the messenger for pointing it out. Get real

Any chance of an English translation please?

Jaydee

Quote from: Baff on October 29, 2020, 08:45:48 AM
Said the man who's stated purpose for voting for Brexit was to destroy the country.
Who did so with the deliberate, considered and willful intention to piss off the Scottish people and manipulate them to his will.

Oh yeah. I'm really going to listen to you.
Swlf stated enemy of his own country seeks to destroy it.
Let's follow your plan for us all.

Hmmm. Let me think about that one. Uummm, no.

No matey.  Big Kranky Bojo the world beating  muppet and his world beating muppets are doing that.  In terms of destroying Scotland.  That will happen because England voted to make itself poorer, And the Withdrawal act is a power grab from the devolved nations.  And I voted Brexit for a reason very different  than there were to many brown faces in Tesco. That was the reality.  Which has nothing to do with the EU.  Oh Jeez in several posts.  I am anti English, now I am a enemy of the state, and seek to destroy it.   God the state of hate that froths from the mouth. When screwed for a answer.  Which translates to matey.  You have been fed fanny in a galactic sized pig in a poke and you have swallowed it hook line and sinker.  You now know it,  But you are not going to admit it. The blind fold is stuck to the eyes.    By the way Matey.  Big Kranky Bojo is backtracking waffling, and in a dizzy as he waits to see who wins the US election.  Who will he blame then.  As he tries to restart a deal with the EU. Which he is doing now. How many final meetings does he need.   His bluff, absolute testicles  and fanny has been called.  The man is a clueless  clown. Do not shoot the messenger for pointing it out. Get real

Baff

Quote from: Jaydee on October 29, 2020, 08:30:55 AM
Its called stick your head up your rectum, put on a blind fold, cover your ears, ignore facts, learn word for word the lines of I am alright jack,
Said the man who's stated purpose for voting for Brexit was to destroy the country.
Who did so with the deliberate, considered and willful intention to piss off the Scottish people and manipulate them to his will.

Oh yeah. I'm really going to listen to you.
Self stated enemy of his own country seeks to destroy it.
Let's follow your plan for us all.
Let's take your advice designed solely to manipulate us into doing things you know we don't want to do.

This will be a tough decision for me right?
Hmmm. Let me think about that one. Uummm, wait a minute I need a bit longer ummm, ummmm, no.

Jaydee

Quote from: Baff on October 28, 2020, 09:44:14 AM
Which is why just as UK banks have registered in the EU, EU banks have registered in the UK.
And although this movement of jobs from the UK to the EU has cost our economy, it has been more than compensated for by the amount of EU jobs and companies that have moved here.

For every one job that has been moved from London to the EU, 3 jobs have been moved from the EU to the UK.
And the reason for this is, London is a global banking capital. And the EU isn't.
In the specific theatre of banking and financial services, the UK dwarfs the EU.

So, you got half the story. But without the other half it gives the entirely opposite impression of the situation that has occoured. It misrepresents the truth.

It is more true to say that the UK is gaining jobs and banks due to the end of EU passporting than it is to say that we are losing them.

Propaganda. The art of telling half truths.

So I take it you read post 1847 with your head up your rectum, with  blindfolds on your eyes,  Then translated the UK will lose its passporting rights to   They need us more than we need them   

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 07:28:44 AM
So in reality you know a no deal Brexit is going to be a disaster.
I think it's in every way a manageable change.

I think the potential for disaster is precisely zero.
I think the potential for economic downturn is real, limited in size and outweighed by the potential for economic upturn which is also real and limited in size.

The big shock to this country, is political.
It has come as a shock to those people who took it all for granted. Who truly thought that their politics were socially accepted. Who truly thought they ruled the country.
That their own vision for the UK and the world was empirically, provably, correct, moral, just and true.

People who had spent so many years inside their own echo chamber that they had begun to beleive in their own hype. Had become deluded.

Brexit for those people has been a disaster, is a disaster.
Reality has come crashing in.

Those people are now disenfranchised by a political system they have rejected.
That they continue to reject.
And unless they are mentally able to adjust to their change in circumstance, their personal disaster, your personal disaster, is that they will spend the rest of their lives in frustration shouting angrily at their TV.

papasmurf

Quote from: Jaydee on October 29, 2020, 08:30:55 AM
Its called stick your head up your rectum, put on a blind fold, cover your ears, ignore facts, learn word for word the line I am alright jack, and go to the next chapter in Hans Christian Anderson.  The Emperor's clothes,  By the way did you also  invest in building lorry parks.  Or did you sell a field from your farm where they are being built.  Are you just not about to get the world of reality.

That deserves a round of applause.

Jaydee

Quote from: Baff on October 28, 2020, 10:12:21 PM
Speak for yourself mate.
I bought a farm 40 years ago so I could be more self sufficent in case of another blockade from Europe. FFS. I am a full blown prepper. Zombie proof. Raised by the WW2 generation.
MY finances are flexible. I have multiple income streams from multiple countries. Multiple job prospects so I always have work in any downturn. Always make money no matter which way the currency swings.
I've come out of retirement. Mobilised.
I have taken on Brexit busting jobs. Migrant work. Manufacturing. Tourism. Education and hospitality. Invested in my vision for this society with my money and my labour.
I'm doing the work UK people are supposed to be unwilling to. Doing my bit.

My mitigating plan was to emigrate if the referendum vote didn't go my way. I had a few jobs lined up.

What is yours?

We have subsidies, tariffs, WTO.
Points based immigration.
Alternative trade deals.
"spend the money on the NHS instead"
We have new customs points.
A "Farage garage".
Free ports.
Emergency ferry capacity.
Stockpiling of essential medecines.
Multinational companies registering in EU jurisdictions
New fisheries laws.
A new internal market bill.
Extra naval vessels.
Extra foreign investment.
We've thrown our traitors out of office. La la la laa, Anna Soubry. La la la laa.
We a have Dominic Cummings purging fifth columnist remainers in public life.
We've given EU immigrants the right to remain and an easy way to process that.
We've mirrored EU law into UK law.
We've opened trade negotiations with the EU.
We've opened trade negotiations with just about everyone.
Signed 50 deals.

What is your plan?
What have you done about it?
Moan a lot.

That's it. Your preparation is oh.
Absolutely nothing.

You crap on about an apocalypse and your belief in this vision is so strong, that you haven't bothered to do anything about it at all.
Revealed preference.

Its called stick your head up your rectum, put on a blind fold, cover your ears, ignore facts, learn word for word the lines of  I am alright jack, and go and read  the next chapter in Hans Christian Anderson.  The Emperor's clothes,  By the way did you also  invest in building lorry parks.  Or did you sell a field from your farm where they are being built. Do as John Redwood advised and move your sterling to the Euro.  Are you just not about to get the world of reality.

Barry

What's the definition of a strawman argument, again?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 29, 2020, 07:33:04 AM
To be honest Pappy, I don't think that was what Baff posted.

It was the subtext, which makes me wonder what he has been waffling on about for months.

Borchester

To be honest Pappy, I don't think that was what Baff posted.

Algerie Francais !