General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on October 31, 2020, 09:11:04 AM
Well that wasn't a poll, it was an election. A poll only takes a sample of the population. But being a maths genius you'd know that.
As a maths genius you'd also grasp the concept of timely data. As in the poll was recent and the election wasn't, a lot of info has become known since then, johnsons lies have been found out, the sunny uplands don't exist. Thanks to everyone on here reminding us that the process is democratic, looks like People are changing their mind, oh what a mess you find yourselves in.

I'm not saying stay, you can't because you left in January, 9 months ago, that can't be undone. You could reapply, join schengen, the euro, forget the rebate and all the other "special opt outs", but frankly as 27 countries would have to agree to let you back i doubt that would happen. An arms length deal is best for the EU, looks like there will be one any day soon.

Yes Gerry,how revealing and what I've known all along,despite all the denials the truth is you hate the English for the history real or imagined and in your sad chip on shoulder existence you revel in the hope that we will be humbled ,left destitute.

Dream on Gerry and wallow in your wet dreams of the past and England's downfall today,carry on dreaming it ain't going to happen,sorry to put a damper on your long held hopes  ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 31, 2020, 09:48:30 AM
I've posted, very recently about his lies, ive posted about the 130b (heading to 200b) , oven baked deals, not ready for logistics, 50,000 customs officials, 1T leaving the UK, as cor would say...send us your banks, we like them.... Nissan saying they will pull the plug without the right type of deal (I'm sure they will leave production for the uk market, their not stupid).

I really could go on, try keep up nick

Just thought, what about all those required agencies, remember the chemical agency, top of the class for you if you can remember the cost to replicate that.
Was it 500m a yr, 750m a yr or 1b a yr.

No one is denying that you've said all those things Gerry.
What I want is a breakdown of what you are attributing exclusively to Boris since his premiership.
You're saying 62% of people now don't want Brexit because of his lies. So where is your breakdown?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on October 31, 2020, 09:48:30 AM
I've posted, very recently about his lies, ive posted about the 130b (heading to 200b) , oven baked deals, not ready for logistics, 50,000 customs officials, 1T leaving the UK, as cor would say...send us your banks, we like them.... Nissan saying they will pull the plug without the right type of deal (I'm sure they will leave production for the uk market, their not stupid).

You sent us 3 x time the number of banks we sent you.
You also sent us your Nissan plant.

So persisting with that line just reminds us what a massive win this has been for the UK.
Thanks.
Please do go on. The more of your abject fails you remind us of, the happier we become.

The WA was an oven baked deal.
Boris got it through in two weeks, where his predecessor was unable to in 4 years.

If he gets a trade deal with the EU. It will be the fastest trade deal the EU has ever made.
Done and dusted in under a year.

Baff

Quote from: GerryT on October 31, 2020, 09:01:21 AM
look at the eu commission and eu council, look how they work and you will see how IRL is the same as Germany or France. The same power.
Only in the EU parliament does each country have praportional representation.but if you understand how that works you'll know its less relevant than the other houses.
Your reaction above just proves my point. You don't have a clue how the EU works
The EU commison don't represent your country at all. Let alone equally.
An EU commissioner, (while apppointed by a countries government), is not allowed to represent it at work.
He must represent the interests of EU exclusively.

Proportional representation.
SI is 5 million out of 445 million people in the EU.
Around 1%.

The EU parliament.
Your proportional representation gets you 1/17th of the voting power it gets Germany.
And MEP's can veto precisely nothing at all.
They will out vote you and they will end your tax haven activities.

A placebo chamber. Sham democracy. As you are about to find out the hard way.

That leaves the EU council. in which you have one vote in 27. The odd veto that can be taken from you and all you can vote on, or be outvoted on, is general policy direction.
Ending low corporation tax EU wide for example. Or being unable to keep it in your example.

You have no checks and balances to their power.
None.

You need to build alliances within the EU, trouble is, you really piss them all off.
And the only ally you ever had there.... just left.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 31, 2020, 09:41:46 AM
All his lies? Great bit of info.

What%u2019s happened since deciding to leave. Again, very informative.

Good post Gerry.

Just thought, what about all those required agencies, remember the chemical agency, top of the class for you if you can remember the cost to replicate that.
Was it 500m a yr, 750m a yr or 1b a yr.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 31, 2020, 09:33:27 AM
your not really a maths anything nick. All his lies, what has happened re brexit since deciding to leave and recent polls. Go back and read this thread, its all in there with links.

Do try keep up nick.

All his lies? Great bit of info.

What's happened since deciding to leave. Again, very informative.

Good post Gerry.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 31, 2020, 09:23:53 AM
I'm only a maths genius when measured against you.

What is the new info that has suddenly come to light since Boris was elected?
your not really a maths anything nick. All his lies, what has happened re brexit since deciding to leave and recent polls. Go back and read this thread, its all in there with links.

Do try keep up nick.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on October 31, 2020, 09:11:04 AMWell that wasn't a poll, it was an election. A poll only takes a sample of the population. But being a maths genius you'd know that.

I'm only a maths genius when measured against you.

What is the new info that has suddenly come to light since Boris was elected?

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on October 30, 2020, 08:01:46 PM
The most recent poll that actually meant anything gave the Conservatives a MASSIVE majority. I think that was a thumbs up for Brexit. Any arguments with that statement Gerry?

Well that wasn't a poll, it was an election. A poll only takes a sample of the population. But being a maths genius you'd know that.
As a maths genius you'd also grasp the concept of timely data. As in the poll was recent and the election wasn't, a lot of info has become known since then, johnsons lies have been found out, the sunny uplands don't exist. Thanks to everyone on here reminding us that the process is democratic, looks like People are changing their mind, oh what a mess you find yourselves in.

I'm not saying stay, you can't because you left in January, 9 months ago, that can't be undone. You could reapply, join schengen, the euro, forget the rebate and all the other "special opt outs", but frankly as 27 countries would have to agree to let you back i doubt that would happen. An arms length deal is best for the EU, looks like there will be one any day soon.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on October 30, 2020, 06:12:04 PM
ROFLLMAO at an "equal".
In what way are you the equal of Germany in the EU?

Frankly you are projecting.
Not as "special" as you thought. No humility. Not an equal.

If it soothes your ego however, you are more important to the EU today than when you joined.
Since 1/27 > 1/28.

We are special in the EU in that we are the only people who have left.
Who demonstrably couldn't care less about our ranking within the EU.
look at the eu commission and eu council, look how they work and you will see how IRL is the same as Germany or France. The same power.
Only in the EU parliament does each country have praportional representation.but if you understand how that works you'll know its less relevant than the other houses.
Your reaction above just proves my point. You don't have a clue how the EU works 

Jaydee

Quote from: Thomas on October 30, 2020, 07:36:14 AM
He still is a scottish tory baff. There are many scottish tories within the snp , along with those whose natural home would be parties like labour , liberals etc etc. The snp is a very broad church of likeminded people who support scottish independence.

As for jaydee voting for brexit , i would be surprised, but if he did , then he is in a tiny minority when two thirds of scotland voted remain.

There you go.

The reason I voted Brexit was very simple.  At the time I was really gobsmacked when England voted to make itself poorer.  I suspect most did not expect that.  However.  It was just one layer of a problem removed if Scotland was already out.  Which it is now. It  is now academic.  When Scotland now goes its  merry way.  The leaving problem is gone.   The Scottish voter,  now only has to vote to go back in or not go back in.  As the case may be.  Without having to deal with the fanny being spouted by the likes of grease ball Gove. By the way.  I hear Gorgeous George is now a English Tory.

Jaydee

Quote from: Baff on October 29, 2020, 06:22:47 PM
Jaydee isn't a remainer and he isn't a Tory. He is an SNP Leave voter.

His logic was if the UK leaves the EU.... The Scots will demand independence.
So that's what he voted for.

Oh dear.  Ken Clark, Rory Stewart the Grandson of Sir Winston and 30 other Tory backbenchers, including MSP Ruth Davidson are all SNP.  All  Traitor anti English, enemies of the state, and all that.  The  bullshit being fired by rabid brexiteers  The reason the SNP are in power matey. Is because until not to long back.  A Tory vote was a wasted vote in Scotland.    And what ever it took to keep out Labour.  I would do. I, like many Conservatives,  voted SNP.  In case you have not noticed.  Since 2007.  It worked. Then from Theresa May onwards.   I could no longer support the wankers in Westminster.  That is why Ruth Davidson  resigned.  She could not stomach big Kranky Bojo.  The world beating muppet. And for your info.  Many Tory, Labour, Libs etc in Scotland.   Also want Scotland to go its merry way. And when the time is ripe. I will vote to go back into or not go back into the EU. That will be a matter for the Scottish voter.  Not you.

Some  68% of Tory voters and 58% of Labour voters in England.  Who like many others,  want Scotland to go its merry way. All according to you..Traitors,  anti English and enemies of the state,  The union is finished.   And it is me to tell you what party I vote for. Not you to tell me. You will be telling me what to post next.   .  I am a Scottish Tory who could not under any circumstances. Vote for that clown, Bojo or any of his clueless muppets who now hold the once proud  high offices of state. Degrading the Office of state. By lying through their teeth.  Scotland can no longer afford bankrupt, both morally and economically,  England.  It is simple as that. And oh jings. In a indy Scotland they will have Tory's.  Not branch office managers.   I suggest you make a attempt to understand your nations politics, and the road it is going down.   Before you go of on a rant about Scottish politics. You let me worry about who I vote for.  And why.  You worry about you. But heh why let facts get in the road.

Jaydee

Quote from: Nick on October 30, 2020, 11:37:12 PM
Absolute nonsense. At best it is 62% of the people asked, certainly not the whole voting population. Historically that is around 2000 so probably circa 1200 people. How you can claim to have an insight into U.K. voting patterns less than a year since a GE is beyond me, maybe you should get into fortune telling. These polls are based on a tiny cross section of the population and do not represent different voting regions. Don't forget, in GB only London and Scotland voted against Brexit.

For once you are absolutely correct. It is now academic.  That ship has sailed.  The UK is out of the EU and on the transition.  It is now a dead duck.   Even arguing about it.  What is not a dead duck.  England voted to make itself poorer.  And every promises made by this bunch of tosspots.  That you have swallowed hook line and sinker has been shot down in flames. As you ae about to find out. And on Wednesday if Biden wins. Watch more waffle an d back tacking spewing from the gob of Big Kranky Bojo the world beating muppet. his vows to take the United Kingdom out of the European Union by Oct. 31 "do or die"— Another load of bollocks.  And you are still swallowing the fanny

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2018/mar/28/11-brexit-promises-leavers-quietly-dropped
https://infacts.org/johnsons-broken-referendum-promises-there-were-loads/
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/list-of-brexit-lies

Nick

Quote from: Javert on October 30, 2020, 04:19:43 PM62% of voters in the UK now think that Brexit was a mistake in hindsight

Absolute nonsense. At best it is 62% of the people asked, certainly not the whole voting population. Historically that is around 2000 so probably circa 1200 people. How you can claim to have an insight into U.K. voting patterns less than a year since a GE is beyond me, maybe you should get into fortune telling. These polls are based on a tiny cross section of the population and do not represent different voting regions. Don't forget, in GB only London and Scotland voted against Brexit.

Barry

Quote from: Javert on October 30, 2020, 04:19:43 PM62% of voters in the UK now think that Brexit was a mistake in hindsight, and well over 50% of people think that is should not have gone ahead, and also that it should have been delayed into next year.
And 98% of people either love or hate Marmite, which is just as irrelevant, because we left in name on 31st January and we leave completely in 2 months time. Get over it.
† The end is nigh †