General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 28, 2020, 11:01:48 AM
Poor little sod. Let us hope that the British team aren't too horrid for him.

;D ;D ;D ;D Poor chap, let's hope he tumbles without breaking anythng.

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on November 29, 2020, 04:57:40 PM
Pat is that saddest of all creatures, a Tory remainer and as such the recipient of the contempt of all sides and the knowledge that he is within a hair's breath of voting Lib Dem or pissing on the flag, which is pretty much the same thing.

I have to say how much I admire everyone for keeping this EU/Brexit kerfuffle going even though there is sod all to discuss

:D ;D

same here borkie.

Gerry has given a rousing defence at times , but apart from that its been a pretty weak affair since last december.

As for pat , well , there you go borkie. :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on November 28, 2020, 04:23:08 PM
what do you fink pat?

You maintained it was all the russians and vlads mind control if i remember right as well from the start , and thats proving to be a load of cac as well.

https://order-order.com/2020/11/26/exclusive-oh-carole-admits-russia-claims-untrue-agrees-to-pay-banks-costs/#comments

I have changed my mind too , i think i should have voted leave instead of remain. The eu is proving to be the nasty organisation that brexiters made out all along , so it was the right decision in the end to my mind.

Pat is that saddest of all creatures, a Tory remainer and as such the recipient of the contempt of all sides and the knowledge that he is within a hair's breath of voting Lib Dem or pissing on the flag, which is pretty much the same thing.

I have to say how much I admire everyone for keeping this EU/Brexit kerfuffle going even though there is sod all to discuss
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

This forum is getting a wee bit boring now to be honest.

No really.

I liked it better when the anglo remainers where getting a wee bit uppity last december and telling me how the silent remain majority was going to smash brexiters and restore democcracy.

They are now that cowed and browbeaten with four weeks to go till brexit none of them can even mount a weak defence on behalf of daft carole.

I thought gaga joes victory over trump might have put a wee spring into their steps........but no ...nothing. :D

Dyno is banned , javert has ran off , beely is too busy chalking up covid deaths and telling us how the end of the world is nigh , quackers has finally went doolally so that leaves gerry cascarino.

I have high hopes for gerry to fight to the bitter end. :P

Thomas

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on November 29, 2020, 04:12:28 PM
History dictates that France would say "non" but wouldn't be allowed to leave.
Same as last time they held one.

probably baffy.

What do you think of daft carole cadwalladr getting caught out with her porkies about the russians and brexit?

I am in shock. Remainer caught telling lies?

Who knew.?

Had to have a lay down when i read that story.

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on November 28, 2020, 05:56:35 PM
Brother in law has lived in south east france for the best part of twenty years and is saying the french in general are getting increasingly pissed off with mass immigration and the eu in general.

Sort of chimes with what macron hinted at a couple of years back as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/21/emmanuel-macron-uk-yes-no-brexit-vote-mistake

History dictates that France would say "non" but wouldn't be allowed to leave.
Same as last time they held one.

Thomas

story still running.....

QuoteAfter Years of Lies, Brexit Conspiracy Theorist Carole Cadwalladr's Grift Unravels

Americans ponder such questions as they relate to Russiagate – the debunked idea that Russian President Vladimir Putin was behind the election of President Trump. Britons have our own Russia Lie hawked by supposedly reputable news outlets and agencies: that Putin – yes, Putin again – made 17.4 million Brits vote to leave the European Union.

While farcical claims about Putin backing Brexit swirled before the referendum in June 2016, serious allegations about collaboration between leading Brexit backers and the Russian government emerged in early February 2017 in Britain's Observer newspaper, under the byline of features writer Carole Cadwalladr.

Cadwalladr, 51, had to that point earned a living writing little-read books and filing interviews with left-wing celebrities like Richard Dawkins, Amir Khan, and Nate Silver.

What happens when an investigative reporter was lying all along? What happens to their editors? To their newspaper? What's the reward for truth-telling in journalism, if one is handed cash prizes and historic awards for peddling fake news?

Americans ponder such questions as they relate to Russiagate – the debunked idea that Russian President Vladimir Putin was behind the election of President Trump. Britons have our own Russia Lie hawked by supposedly reputable news outlets and agencies: that Putin – yes, Putin again – made 17.4 million Brits vote to leave the European Union.

While farcical claims about Putin backing Brexit swirled before the referendum in June 2016, serious allegations about collaboration between leading Brexit backers and the Russian government emerged in early February 2017 in Britain's Observer newspaper, under the byline of features writer Carole Cadwalladr.

Cadwalladr, 51, had to that point earned a living writing little-read books and filing interviews with left-wing celebrities like Richard Dawkins, Amir Khan, and Nate Silver.
Cadwalladr's Hostility to Brexit Took Her to TED2019

In late 2016 Cadwalladr began to develop a taste for a different kind of story: the fake news story.

Armed with little other than her hunches on topics of global political intrigue, the Somerset-born scribbler took to piecing together a grand conspiracy theory: that an American billionaire, a Member of the European Parliament, an insurance salesman, and the incoming White House Chief Strategist duped the entire British public with a handful of digital advertisements at the behest of the Russian President.

For Cadwalladr, there was just one problem: there was no evidence of such a grand conspiracy. So she'd have to make some up.
'The press, honestly, is out of control.'

Cadwalladr's first major article on the subject came on Sunday, February 26th 2017. Ironically, it began with her attacking Donald Trump for attacking the media and its penchant for "fake news."

"Just over a week ago, Donald Trump gathered members of the world's press before him and told them they were liars," Cadwalladr bemoaned in her opening paragraph in an article entitled, "Robert Mercer: the big data billionaire waging war on mainstream media."

She noted the newly-inaugurated President's comments: "The press, honestly, is out of control... The public doesn't believe you any more," etc, etc.

Fast forward almost four years, and her opening salvo should serve as a fitting epitaph to her journalistic career.

Cadwalladr was recently forced by a British court to apologize for her phony claims about Brexit-backer Arron Banks. Just three weeks later she voluntarily removed "the Truth Defence and the Limitation Defence" in a court case wherein she was expected to defend her claim that Banks worked with "the Russians" and that Russia had somehow financed the pro-Brexit campaign.

Westminster blogger Guido Fawkes simplified the story: "it was all complete cock 'n bull."

And while the most recent developments will surely cost Cadwalladr a pretty penny – in excess of $83,000 up front, to be precise – the cost to journalism, public trust, and democracy itself is surely far greater.

https://thenationalpulse.com/politics/carole-cadwalladrs-grift-unravels/

What i want to know is where are the forums remain "defenders of truth " and despisers of liars?

Javert , beely, gerry cascarino and all the rest?

Not a comment on this story from any of them , in fact , most of our honest as the day is long anglo remainers and those whose da had a guiness once in an irish pub havent really got much to say.

Strange that.

Gerry had me convinced boris johnson and his party were the one and only liars on this earth.

Turns out lefty remainers like carole arent whiter than whiter either , strange that. :)

Thomas

Brother in law has lived in south east france for the best part of twenty years and is saying the french in general are getting increasingly pissed off with mass immigration and the eu in general.

Sort of chimes with what macron hinted at a couple of years back as well.

France would have left EU in similar referendum to UK's, says Macron

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/21/emmanuel-macron-uk-yes-no-brexit-vote-mistake

Thomas

QuoteBoston could become 'food port of the UK'
An ambitious plan to make Boston one of the major food ports in the UK is set to be backed by the borough council.

https://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/business/boston-could-become-food-port-uk-3049707

look at that , brexit is even helping webbed feet wiggles out on the lincolnshire fens.

Whats not to like?

the mayor of calais is a bit unhappy, but that cant be helped.

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on November 28, 2020, 04:40:03 PM
I've said that the Russians/Kremlin/KPG, China, North Korea are among those aiming to destabilise the the Free World and supporting whatever cause has some chance of having that affect. They can do that by promoting either side and/or both sides of disputes simultaneously through as many channels as they can access.

I've also said that besides trained trolls there are useful idiots who can be corralled into being extra troops. I have no reason think that cyber war is a myth, or that all power blocs are not involved...

No you didnt , you said a lot more than that , you even went as far as to accuse me of being a russian bot.

The whole forum were laughing at you more than normal , as many of the old forum members have known me online for years before you decided to come along and wind whitey up.

Anyway  , the article i quoted shows its not just those nasty russians that are punting bollocks online and in the media  , and those usefull idiots making a living and getting paid writing about the fantasy you often post on this forum number a lot more than daft carole.

patman post

I've said that the Russians/Kremlin/KPG, China, North Korea are among those aiming to destabilise the the Free World and supporting whatever cause has some chance of having that affect. They can do that by promoting either side and/or both sides of disputes simultaneously through as many channels as they can access.

I've also said that besides trained trolls there are useful idiots who can be corralled into being extra troops. I have no reason think that cyber war is a myth, or that all power blocs are not involved...

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on November 28, 2020, 04:19:37 PM
I have maintained from the start that the UK could and should continue to push for beneficial changes from within the EU rather than letting a few rose-tinted bespectacled Empire Loyalists continue the myth that individual EU (and previously EEC) member countries were subservient to a hidden master plan, and adversely impacting the future of the UK.

Individual national approaches to Covid and other long-enacted EEC/EU policies when conditions change is proving this is so...

what do you fink pat?

You maintained it was all the russians and vlads mind control if i remember right as well from the start , and thats proving to be a load of cac as well.

https://order-order.com/2020/11/26/exclusive-oh-carole-admits-russia-claims-untrue-agrees-to-pay-banks-costs/#comments

I have changed my mind too , i think i should have voted leave instead of remain. The eu is proving to be the nasty organisation that brexiters made out all along , so it was the right decision in the end to my mind.

patman post

I have maintained from the start that the UK could and should continue to push for beneficial changes from within the EU rather than letting a few rose-tinted bespectacled Empire Loyalists continue the myth that individual EU (and previously EEC) member countries were subservient to a hidden master plan, and adversely impacting the future of the UK.

Individual national approaches to Covid and other long-enacted EEC/EU policies when conditions change is proving this is so...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas