General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 11:24:59 AM
Bollocks, it is part of the NHS system. If people were idiot enough not to have an EHIC that was very much their problem.
I am NOT rich.
Then you won't be getting sick abroad on your holidays. Will you?

You want a luxury, pay for it.
Don't expect people who can't afford luxuries themselves to do it for you.

It's called social justice mate.
It's how we protect the weakest from those who would exploit them.
And they wonder why our poorest voted to leave....

There is nothing whatsoever to prevent you from getting medical insurance if you wish to travel abroad.
When in France, do as the French do.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 11:23:01 AM
More personal insults and lies about me.  There is nothing free at point of use when it comes to medical care in France it has a reimbursement system.
So reimburse them if you use it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on December 13, 2020, 11:20:57 AM
It's not free though is it?

People who can't afford to go on holiday are paying it for you.
Rich wankers want to be subsidised by everyone else to go on holiday.
Boo hoo for their loss.

Bollocks, it is part of the NHS system. If people were idiot enough not to have an EHIC that was very much their problem.
I am NOT rich.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 13, 2020, 10:14:44 AM

I guess if you travel to the same caravan in France every other week you get to know what comes free locally but not so for the visitor who when in need goes where directed and often has to pay .

More personal insults and lies about me.  There is nothing free at point of use when it comes to medical care in France it has a reimbursement system.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 11:17:37 AM
The point being the EHIC card was free holiday health insurance is expensive.
It's not free though is it?

People who can't afford to go on holiday are paying it for you.
Rich wankers want to be subsidised by everyone else to go on holiday.
Boo hoo for their loss.

Private health insurance is very cheap.
If you need it, buy it.
If you can afford a holiday you can afford to get it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on December 13, 2020, 11:15:40 AM
Amd save the exact same amount for the rest of us who were paying for their holiday health insurance.

The point being the EHIC card was free holiday health insurance is expensive.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 10:33:22 AM
I really do not know what you are on about. Or where you are coming from.
The EHIC card enables you to get refunds on any medical charges incurred within the EU, with the exception of repatriation.
I don't know anyone who has had problems with the EHIC card system.
The loss of the EHIC card is going to cost people a lot of money in extra insurance.
Amd save the exact same amount for the rest of us who were paying for their holiday health insurance.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2020, 10:36:24 AM
I've travelled to 19 out of the 27 EU countries and not once was I able to successfully use the card.

Could you be more specific, all the card is used for is to get receipts for money paid out and are claimed back on return to the UK.
I suspect you have no idea how an EHIC card was supposed to be used.
Also you must be accident prone or very ill to have tried to use one in 19 countries.

Explanation:-

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/health/unplanned-healthcare/payments-reimbursements/index_en.htm

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 09:05:44 AM
Evidence?  Personally I have never had any problems.

I've travelled to 19 out of the 27 EU countries and not once was I able to successfully use the card. A colleague in Spain was told after a week of treatment that he had used up his allowance and to get lost.

Like I said it's useless.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 13, 2020, 10:14:44 AM

I guess if you travel to the same caravan in France every other week you get to know what comes free locally but not so for the visitor who when in need goes where directed and often has to pay .

Traveling abroad without medical insurance quite frankly is idiotic and the EU card seems to me a lopsided deal in favour of Johnny foreigner who gets the NHS thrown into the deal .

I really do not know what you are on about. Or where you are coming from.
The EHIC card enables you to get refunds on any medical charges incurred within the EU, with the exception of repatriation.
I don't know anyone who has had problems with the EHIC card system.
The loss of the EHIC card is going to cost people a lot of money in extra insurance.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 09:05:44 AM

Traveling abroad without medical insurance quite frankly is idiotic and the EU card seems to me a lopsided deal in favour of Johnny foreigner who gets the NHS thrown into the deal .

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 12, 2020, 09:04:06 PM
This card has been useless from day one. People have been turned away countless times.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Baff on December 12, 2020, 01:59:43 PM
My house scans your numberplate as you pull into the drive. Checks it against my database and lets me know if it someone on my list.

Surely if you've got enemies to that extent, they'll be using hired cars or fake numberplates?

Unless you were referring to the mother in law.  :D :D :D :D
+++

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 12, 2020, 07:46:28 AM
The EHIC card is useless from the 1st of January next year.

This card has been useless from day one. People have been turned away countless times.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on December 12, 2020, 01:59:43 PM

My house scans your numberplate as you pull into the drive. Checks it against my database and lets me know if it someone on my list.

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get you.