General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 13, 2020, 07:16:38 PM
No , what I am saying is that there are perfectly adequate places in the UK for the elderly ,infirm or those with limited means to vacation .

It is far too expensive to holiday in the UK,
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2020, 07:06:28 PM
Not everyone goes by boat or with Brittany Ferries, and there are plenty of planes flying there.

I suggest you need to check the foreign office travel advice for France. Plus this:- https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19

Breton friends are still locked down unless you have a valid reason, (limited) and are carrying the specific paper work.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 05:47:52 PM
That is a very nasty comment.
What you are effectively stating is you want millions of people permanently trapped in Britain never to leave it.

No , what I am saying is that there are perfectly adequate places in the UK for the elderly ,infirm or those with limited means to vacation . Its not a right nor necessity to holiday  abroad

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2020, 06:58:38 PM
I'm a biker, but the washing and shaving variety. 😉

Exactly, and you're already cheering on the gunboats and saying Chinese style working practices are something to be loved, I've said before you're like Norman Tebbitt...on his bike.  :D :D Isn't sheepy also a biker.. and there he is too cheering on the gunboats. You bikers, you're all like smurf..  :P :D :P

Ironically, in line with being a correct and proper psycho, my old man's actually OCD about cleanliness.  ;D To the point where he has almost murdered several of my flatmates (seriously) for the crime of not being clean enough.  ;D ;D ;D He said to me "if he was my flatmate, I wouldn't put up with this, I'd terrorize them".  :D He was if anything under exaggerating..
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2020, 06:58:38 PM

A Gucci biker?  Or £30000 of plastic missile and matching leathers does not turn a (expletive deleted) into  a biker?
Frankly I find rallies where there are few facilities  and it pours with rain attracts a more interesting type of person.
Where the plan is to talk (spherical objects,) get "relaxed,) take the mickey out of peoples motorcycles and if you have not got a sense of humour don't come.
They are also mines of technical information and technical help, because of lot of the people attending have made some very technical modifications to their machines.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 06:58:08 PM
Currently due to the regulations in France, most people can't travel there anyway. (Also there are no Brittany passenger ferries Plymouth/Roscoff until the end of March.)

Not everyone goes by boat or with Brittany Ferries, and there are plenty of planes flying there.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

This is an artist's impression of Brexit:

This is pretty much how the yanks would deal with it:

+++

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on December 13, 2020, 06:18:52 PMif you're like that around bikers

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2020, 06:52:42 PM
People will not stop travelling to France because of this card. You can't just apply your reasoning to everyone else and think it is true.

Currently due to the regulations in France, most people can't travel there anyway. (Also there are no Brittany passenger ferries Plymouth/Roscoff until the end of March.)

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on December 13, 2020, 06:25:03 PM
What about when you posted that tourists should be killed for breaking COVID rules? You did join in, no one else said that, then you said other COVID law rule breakers should be shot or badly hurt?

Why post such hateful stuff if you're mr niceness and fluff who goes out and helps 'waifs and strays'? It's a weird sort of duality don't you think?

No-one on this forum was of that opinion but plenty of people who had to put up with the disgusting behaviour of tourists  and Covididiots are of that opinion or very similar.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 05:22:06 PM
It isn't just me incessantly complaining about badly behaved tourists this year they have caused serious problems all over the UK not just Cornwall.

I think the French government will get big protests from people in France who depend on the income from the 15 million trips Brits make to France every year.
(There is a currently a plan to let Brits get a French "citizenship" card to get around the problem caused by the loss of the EHIC card and other issues.)

People will not stop travelling to France because of this card. You can't just apply your reasoning to everyone else and think it is true.

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on December 13, 2020, 06:29:42 PM
I'm just going by what WHich are saying my friend, not trying to argue or anything, and they seem to think it's prohibitive, that's not me reinterpreting what they wrote, it's the literal word they use..

Sure , and so am i , but i pointed out in your links there are a lot of ifs buts and maybes , and even if you accept the point private travel insurance will rise  , we agree it will be pennies as travel insurance on average is pennies compared to the overall cost of the holiday.

Theres no argument dynamis , im simply adding perspective to papy smurfs screaming.

You also should know by now what he is like and i appreciate you dont support brexit , which is fair enough , but with people like pappy smurf on your side who needs enemies.

Theres only one person posting on this forum that cries wolf more times than pappy smurf , and that is quack quack , and their record of screaming armageddon is what makes them figures of ridicule.
Don't shoot the messenger.

dyno , i know france very well and the guy is talking utter total bollocks .

I was last in france a year back last august , and without going into too much detail , to fully insure myself wife and children , a car , caravan contents health etc etc pretty much top of the range caravan club red pennant insurance cost me less than 4% of the feckin holiday over two weeks.

So as i said unless you are off to the costas for a piss up and a rave on the cheap , for the vast majority the insurance cost , and potential rise due to brexit is small beer.

Do you honestly think anyone who voted brexit is going to say lets change our mind as we might have to pay a fiver more onthe insurnace ti ibiza this year?

Come oan. ;) :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Thomas on December 13, 2020, 06:25:34 PM
So what we talking about? Adding a couple of quid onto the average cost of travel insurance into somewhere like france , spain or greece?

an 80 year old can get single trip travel insurance for 55 quid , a twenty year old for a tenner .

https://www.nimblefins.co.uk/average-cost-travel-insurance

The point as ever dynamis that remainers and hysterics like smurf miss time and again is one word......."perspective".

Its fecking pennies in the grand scheme of things.

In smurfs case we are talking about a holiday across the channel to brittany on a ferry , hardly the caribbean or the maldives.

I'm just going by what WHich are saying my friend, not trying to argue or anything, and they seem to think it's prohibitive, that's not me reinterpreting what they wrote, it's the literal word they use..

I agree as ever it might be a bit silly wrt what smurf's talking about and may only amounts to a few squid in his case, but again I make no assumptions as we don't really know. So I'm just going by what's written. Don't shoot the messenger.  :D
+++

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on December 13, 2020, 06:13:25 PM
Well, what about this part?

"The total cost of treating British citizens under the EHIC scheme is estimated at around £156m by the Association of British Insurers (ABI), so travel insurers will inevitably raise premiums to cope with the increased cost of medical claims."

That seems reasonable to me, but I can ask someone I know who works in insurance and get back to you on that.

So what we talking about? Adding a couple of quid onto the average cost of travel insurance into somewhere like france , spain or greece?

an 80 year old can get single trip travel insurance for 55 quid , a twenty year old for a tenner .

https://www.nimblefins.co.uk/average-cost-travel-insurance

The point as ever dynamis that remainers and hysterics like smurf miss time and again is one word......."perspective".

Its fecking pennies in the grand scheme of things.

In smurfs case we are talking about a holiday across the channel to brittany on a ferry , hardly the caribbean or the maldives.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 06:21:57 PM
There are plenty of others of those opinions, I don't need to join in.

What about when you posted that tourists should be killed for breaking COVID rules? You did join in, no one else said that, then you said other COVID law rule breakers should be shot or badly hurt?

Why post such hateful stuff if you're mr niceness and fluff who goes out and helps 'waifs and strays'? It's a weird sort of duality don't you think?
+++