General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 07:55:48 PM

2, it will increase premiums beyond easy affordability, in my case increased the cost of travel by 25% on each trip.

prove it?

if my top of the range family travel insurance package that i last took out to france went up by 25% , you are talking the price of a few soft drinks and ice cream for the family . I would define that as easy affordability.

Further , i will take a wild stab in the dark and say 72 year olds with medical problems make up a tiny tiny proportion of the visiters to france from the uk. The vast vast majority of uk visiters will remain largely unaffected putting once again cost into perspective.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: Dynamis on December 13, 2020, 07:47:31 PM
I know but I just like winding sheepy up.
It makes no difference to me Sigmund, but you have harmed others which you ended up banned for.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 13, 2020, 07:47:35 PM
Neither have you.

Heres what nick said and you diverted away from.

Your opinion is no more or less valid than nicks.

I have yet to see one piece of feckin evidence from you that losing the EHIC card is going to

1. stop people going to France

2. Increase insurance premiums beyond easy affordability

3. Change anyones attitude for or against brexit.

As usual  , this is merely yet the latest muck raking excercise of yours to throw shit at the tories , and as usual  , everyone is laughing at you.

1, I never stated it would
2, it will increase premiums beyond easy affordability, in my case increased the cost of travel by 25% on each trip.

3, I never mentioned that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 07:41:08 PM
He has as yet done nothing to back up his opinion of an EHIC card. He is the first person I have ever come across critical of them.

Neither have you.

Heres what nick said and you diverted away from.

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2020, 06:52:42 PM
People will not stop travelling to France because of this card. You can't just apply your reasoning to everyone else and think it is true.

Your opinion is no more or less valid than nicks.

I have yet to see one piece of feckin evidence from you that losing the EHIC card is going to

1. stop people going to France

2. Increase insurance premiums beyond easy affordability

3. Change anyones attitude for or against brexit.

As usual  , this is merely yet the latest muck raking excercise of yours to throw shit at the tories , and as usual  , everyone is laughing at you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Dynamis on December 13, 2020, 07:39:18 PM

Proving my point..you bikers are all alike,

Only Daily Heil journalist think that.

The bikers I mix with are a very broad spectrum of humanity, from a retired Home Office pathologist, a couple of MPs, minor aristocracy, diplomatic protection police, various strange members of the armed services, and many and various others.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2020, 07:38:02 PM
Gun boats, absolutely. Chinese working practices no, benefits yes.

You said something about how this country should be like China... and as you say, you love gun boat diplomacy.

Gong xi.

:)
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas on December 13, 2020, 07:30:13 PM
you answered his original statement with a non sequitur , and now continue on the diversion.

We know france is in a similar position to the rest of us due to covid.

its nothing to do with what nick said about people still travelling to france without a EHIC card , or you claiming to speak for them.

He has as yet done nothing to back up his opinion of an EHIC card. He is the first person I have ever come across critical of them.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 13, 2020, 07:35:37 PM
Wrong again Pappy, you're on a roll. I ride a BMW 1200RT not a rice burner but feel free to let your prejudices run wild.

Never seen anything that new at the rallies I go to.

Nick

Quote from: Dynamis on December 13, 2020, 07:10:34 PMExactly, and you're already cheering on the gunboats and saying Chinese style working practices are something to be loved,

Gun boats, absolutely. Chinese working practices no, benefits yes.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 07:09:09 PM
A Gucci biker?  Or £30000 of plastic missile and matching leathers does not turn a (expletive deleted) into  a biker?
Frankly I find rallies where there are few facilities  and it pours with rain attracts a more interesting type of person.
Where the plan is to talk (spherical objects,) get "relaxed,) take the mickey out of peoples motorcycles and if you have not got a sense of humour don't come.
They are also mines of technical information and technical help, because of lot of the people attending have made some very technical modifications to their machines.

Wrong again Pappy, you're on a roll. I ride a BMW 1200RT not a rice burner but feel free to let your prejudices run wild.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 07:27:16 PM
I would not go to London if someone paid all my expenses.

The bretons have just been on facebook messenger , and said thank F@@@ pappy cant get an EHIC card.

Keep him in Cornouailles.

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on December 13, 2020, 07:22:19 PM
Don't drag me into your full on trolling the old folks Dyno, your flatmates probably are lazy dirty gits.

:D ;D ;D

FFS sheep where did that come from? ;D

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 13, 2020, 07:18:51 PM
I suggest you need to check the foreign office travel advice for France. Plus this:- https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19

Breton friends are still locked down unless you have a valid reason, (limited) and are carrying the specific paper work.

you answered his original statement with a non sequitur , and now continue on the diversion.

We know france is in a similar position to the rest of us due to covid.

its nothing to do with what nick said about people still travelling to france without a EHIC card , or you claiming to speak for them.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 13, 2020, 07:24:44 PM
Exactly.

Like London. I don't want to be a grouch but as much as I like my neighbours, it is nice to have them bugger off once in a while and leave the city to me and the tourists.

I would not go to London if someone paid all my expenses.

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 13, 2020, 07:16:38 PM
No , what I am saying is that there are perfectly adequate places in the UK for the elderly ,infirm or those with limited means to vacation . Its not a right nor necessity to holiday  abroad

Exactly.

Like London. I don't want to be a grouch but as much as I like my neighbours, it is nice to have them bugger off once in a while and leave the city to me and the tourists.
Algerie Francais !