General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on January 16, 2021, 09:56:28 AMHe is also having printed his very own English dictionary where the words delusional,lying and bastard have been deleted.
And "gullible".
Blair is an ex PM. He needs to get re-elected to a position if he wants to get back into politics. Maybe Boris will give him a peerage.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 16, 2021, 09:56:28 AM
Quite right Thomas,but our Tone is plotting his return to greatness (as well as plotting with the eu to stab us in the back but he thinks we haven't noticed) and believes he will be universally loved not only here but  by the work of his foundation.

He is also having printed his very own English dictionary where the words delusional,lying and bastard have been deleted.

didnt i read somewhere tony blairs resurgence recently from whatever cesspit he normally resides in is to do with the fact he wants the prime ministerial gong from the queen that he was denied?

Apparently he became the first prime minister in uk history to be denied this gong from the monarch , something to do with the fact the queen can't stand the man either along with the rest of us apart from twats like goodfellow.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 09:39:11 AM
right so what is your purpose on here?

Dont insult people by telling us its to discuss politics.

You barely if ever , only when pushed mention irish politics , and rarely talk about anything else other than brexit.

So not only is it strange a so called foreigner in another country apparently talking non stop about the uk , but your compulsive obsession with the uk leaving the eu is laughable.

You carry on raking the muck all day long about brexit gerry.

Like a certain individual once upon a time with tony blair and new labour , your constant hereo worshiping of the eu , and trying and failing to put the boot into brexit will have similar results to what our new labour supporting tony blair worshipper once upon a time achieved.

:D

Quite right Thomas,but our Tone is plotting his return to greatness (as well as plotting with the eu to stab us in the back but he thinks we haven't noticed) and believes he will be universally loved not only here but  by the work of his foundation.

He is also having printed his very own English dictionary where the words delusional,lying and bastard have been deleted.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on January 15, 2021, 06:24:51 PM
Looks as though the Irish are doing a bit of brown nosing.....

Gerry wont know who michael martin is borkie , you might need to give him time to google .

As for taoiseach , dont confuse him further with the big gaelic words.

Thomas

Quote from: Dynamis on January 16, 2021, 08:56:42 AM
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/brexit-reality-trends-as-industry-group-warns-stockpiling-has-masked-reality-of-border-chaos/15/01/

Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag

This is what freedom feels like fellas.

Genius plan dynamis.

Carry on project fear. That same project fear that has failed at every single point over the last five years.

Feckin hell , when you pick a spot to dig a hole , you dont stop do you?

Need any more shovels ?

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 15, 2021, 06:12:07 PM
You should read my replies, I said nobody wants the UK back and even if we do relent to their begging would the UK accept that new membership would strip away all the 'special' treatment they had received !

right so what is your purpose on here?

Dont insult people by telling us its to discuss politics.

You barely if ever , only when pushed mention irish politics , and rarely talk about anything else other than brexit.

So not only is it strange a so called foreigner in another country apparently talking non stop about the uk , but your compulsive obsession with the uk leaving the eu is laughable.

You carry on raking the muck all day long about brexit gerry.

Like a certain individual once upon a time with tony blair and new labour , your constant hereo worshiping of the eu , and trying and failing to put the boot into brexit will have similar results to what our new labour supporting tony blair worshipper once upon a time achieved.

Borg Refinery

QuoteAn Irish freight group has warned of huge post-Brexit disruption to supply chains in coming weeks, as the impact of Britain leaving the EU takes hold.

The Freight Transport Association of Ireland (FTAI) wrote to Ireland's premier Micheal Martin on Thursday warning him of empty supermarket shelves, job losses and rising prices unless the Government takes action to assist the industry trying to bring goods into the country.

The letter, signed by FTAI general manager Aidan Flynn, also said the industry was struggling to keep the flow of goods moving.

"There is a growing backlog of goods of all hues, from mechanical parts (car parts) to electrical household goods, furniture, clothing, food supplies, sitting in depots because there are not enough agents to process the declarations correctly," the group said.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/brexit-reality-trends-as-industry-group-warns-stockpiling-has-masked-reality-of-border-chaos/15/01/

Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag Union Flag

This is what freedom feels like fellas.
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2021, 07:20:50 PM
That is because there is next to no market in Britain for fresh fish and live shellfish. I am afraid in general people in Britain people eat a takeaway whilst watching a cookery program on TV

Link please
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 15, 2021, 07:09:19 PM
Or market them to the rest of the UK. There used to be plenty of shellfish stalls around east London. Now there's hardly any...

That is because there is next to no market in Britain for fresh fish and live shellfish. I am afraid in general people in Britain people eat a takeaway whilst watching a cookery program on TV.
The people making light of the export of fresh fish and live shellfish coming to a grinding halt are frankly bloody annoying and crass.
I just check the ship locator for off the Lizard, there is a bloody Armada of French fishing boats and just a handful of UK/local boats.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Borchester on January 15, 2021, 06:24:51 PM

That's racist against white nosing, All Noses Matter!  Union Flag

QuoteMartin: 'Extremely important' to repair relationship between Ireland and Britain

Taoiseach Micheal Martin is keen to improve Ireland's international relationships this year.
Fri, 15 Jan, 2021 - 16:15
Aoife Moore, Political Correspondent

The Taoiseach says "it's extremely important" to repair relations with Britain in the wake of Brexit.

Micheál Martin spoke at an Institute of International & European Affairs (IIEA) conference on Friday about the future of the EU and Ireland's role in it.

He said the British-Irish relationship is high on the Government's agenda.

Relations had been tense between Britain and Ireland over the Brexit negotiations as the EU's steadfast insistence on the Northern Ireland protocol caused severe headaches for the British government.

But, moving forward, Mr Martin said it was key to repair any damage caused in recent years.

"That's extremely important in our view, and economically Britain is still enormous to Ireland, and we to Britain.

We're the fifth largest export market for the UK, so it's extremely important that we get this right."

He added he "gets the sense" the UK government is keen on the idea.

"Even prior to the agreement, we were in contact about this and the need to push forward in terms of rebooting, resetting the Irish-UK relationship.

"So, the relations are warm and obviously, there will be challenges. So I think there is a good foundation there to reset the relationship."

The Taoiseach said repairing relations between the EU and the United States will also be important this year, as the US welcomes in a new president in Joe Biden. Mr Martin said President-elect Joe Biden wants to "rapidly reset" the relationship between the US and the EU, which deteriorated badly in recent years during the Trump administration.

"For example, that he wanted to rejoin the Paris accord, 'day one', is the language he used," Mr Martin said.

He wants to rejoin with the World Health Organisation, which was music to my ears.

"I do see a more multilateral trust coming from the new administration, which I think will sit well with the European Union, which is anxious to reset relationships. But I also get a sense within the European Union is a realisation that it can't be just business as normal, that Europe needs to up its game as well and step up in terms of its of its commitments.

"I think, interestingly, the UK, I think could be part of that approach and that's why it's so important that we did get a trade and cooperation agreement because I do sense that there's an opportunity here to have a counterweight to the other weights of authoritarianism that's emerging across the world and other forces so I'm hopeful about that."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40207904.html

Well yeah it's called cordial relations and diplomacy, something foreign and alien to our govt who believes in gunboat diplomacy.

..Some people think being diplomatic is a serious attempt to 'kill em with kindness' probably because diplomacy to them is trying to knee someone in the face at a Millwall match.  :D
+++

patman post

Or market them to the rest of the UK. There used to be plenty of shellfish stalls around east London. Now there's hardly any...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2021, 06:22:00 PMNot well at all, the Fishermen's Mission in Newlyn, Cornwall has started handing out food parcels to fishermen.

Why? What about the hundreds of tons of shell fish you say they can't sell? Why can't they eat that?
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Martin: 'Extremely important' to repair relationship between Ireland and Britain

Taoiseach Micheal Martin is keen to improve Ireland's international relationships this year.
Fri, 15 Jan, 2021 - 16:15
Aoife Moore, Political Correspondent

The Taoiseach says "it's extremely important" to repair relations with Britain in the wake of Brexit.

Micheál Martin spoke at an Institute of International & European Affairs (IIEA) conference on Friday about the future of the EU and Ireland's role in it.

He said the British-Irish relationship is high on the Government's agenda.

Relations had been tense between Britain and Ireland over the Brexit negotiations as the EU's steadfast insistence on the Northern Ireland protocol caused severe headaches for the British government.

But, moving forward, Mr Martin said it was key to repair any damage caused in recent years.

"That's extremely important in our view, and economically Britain is still enormous to Ireland, and we to Britain.

We're the fifth largest export market for the UK, so it's extremely important that we get this right."

He added he "gets the sense" the UK government is keen on the idea.

"Even prior to the agreement, we were in contact about this and the need to push forward in terms of rebooting, resetting the Irish-UK relationship.

"So, the relations are warm and obviously, there will be challenges. So I think there is a good foundation there to reset the relationship."

The Taoiseach said repairing relations between the EU and the United States will also be important this year, as the US welcomes in a new president in Joe Biden. Mr Martin said President-elect Joe Biden wants to "rapidly reset" the relationship between the US and the EU, which deteriorated badly in recent years during the Trump administration.

"For example, that he wanted to rejoin the Paris accord, 'day one', is the language he used," Mr Martin said.

He wants to rejoin with the World Health Organisation, which was music to my ears.

"I do see a more multilateral trust coming from the new administration, which I think will sit well with the European Union, which is anxious to reset relationships. But I also get a sense within the European Union is a realisation that it can't be just business as normal, that Europe needs to up its game as well and step up in terms of its of its commitments.

"I think, interestingly, the UK, I think could be part of that approach and that's why it's so important that we did get a trade and cooperation agreement because I do sense that there's an opportunity here to have a counterweight to the other weights of authoritarianism that's emerging across the world and other forces so I'm hopeful about that."

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40207904.html
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on January 15, 2021, 06:12:07 PM
Fishermen in general fought for brexit - look how that worked out.

Not well at all, the Fishermen's Mission in Newlyn, Cornwall has started handing out food parcels to fishermen.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on January 15, 2021, 08:10:12 AM
Brexiters won gerry , and they keep winning.

Who is taking the uk back in gerry? Anyone? I bet you dont see it in the next ten years.

On top of that , i love your constant sarcastic digs and muck raking over every anti brexit story you can find.

It will ensure the english rub sir keir E.U starmer and his new labour parties nose in the dirt come the next election.

You know you remind me of a new labour supporter on our old forum many years back. Like you over brexit , he never quite got over his hero tony blair resigining power and new labour getting routed at election time.

Like you over brexit , he carried on burying his head in the sand , arguing new labours corner , and bumming up his hero blair.

11 years and counting his new labour heroes have been out of office , numerous leaders have come and gone , and tony blair is more despised today than ever before.

So keep up the good work over brexit gerry , you are doing wonders for the anglo eurosceptic movement and helping entrench anti eu attitudes. :D

You should read my replies, I said nobody wants the UK back and even if we do relent to their begging would the UK accept that new membership would strip away all the 'special' treatment they had received !
I'm not arguing anything for labour or conservatives or any other foreign political party, you could call them the bumbling dodo party for all I care.
I'm on a brexit forum to talk brexit, you'r here to talk about everything bar brexit. There was a lot said before the UK left, like how the EU would shaft Ireland - never happened, never going to happen, we received over 1b recently out of a 4b pot to help us with Brexit. There was talk of the EU holding back the UK, it looks like that was wrong. It was said the EU would buckle at the last hr - never happened. Fishermen in general fought for brexit - look how that worked out. It was said the easiest trade deal in history - nope. It was said there would be removal of bureaucracy and red tape - quite the opposite. It was said there would be no barriers between the UK and NI - again wrong, in face Johnson yesterday was spewing his latest bile of lies in this regard saying he will enact some art. of the agreement to break the agreement. Again just a lie and he has zero intention of doing this, just playing to his brexiteer fan base that seem to have memories of gold fish.
That said, it's not anti UK or anti English as you would typically straw-man. Hard brexiteers that still support the direction of the UK are not representing everyone in the UK and what I write is not fiction.