General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 12:29:03 PMyep i can read.
Let me try again. This is a political debating forum. Generally , its for debating current political issues , but not exclusively.
Theres even a part where you can discuss irish politics.
Instead , you have an unhealthy compulsive obsession with brexit.
Again you fail to read,
Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2021, 12:23:15 PMI'm on a brexit forum
But you want to talk about everything other than Brexit.

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 12:29:03 PMBrexit is over gerry. The uk is out.
No brexit has only started, day 16 and counting. Brexit is about leaving the EU, not the process of leaving but being outside the EU, we've only had 16 days of it, give it some time before you write it into the passages of history. Maybe you want to brush it under the carpet because of how it's working out. You know, 'the EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU'

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 12:29:03 PMSo you tell me off about talking about history , but all you personally want to do is talk about brexit history.
You lost gerry. You need to come to terms with that fact , instead of stamping your feet in a constant tantrum .
No I didn't tell you off, again failing to read and your straw-man tactics. I said the history was 'interesting' but you should take it to a "history and 'where are you from' forum"

Again, you're more than welcome to show the benefits of brexit and I'll happily debate it. I think I'm the only one to have posted a benefit to brexit, other than the 'we are sovereign' what ever that means, but if mistaken and there has been more just post it.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on January 16, 2021, 09:56:28 AM
Quite right Thomas,but our Tone is plotting his return to greatness (as well as plotting with the eu to stab us in the back but he thinks we haven't noticed) and believes he will be universally loved not only here but  by the work of his foundation.

He is also having printed his very own English dictionary where the words delusional,lying and bastard have been deleted.

Gerry has been back on cromwell for five minutes , scratching his head and demanding to know why he hasnt felt any brexit benefits ....over in dublin . ;) :D

Honestly cromwell , a feckin comedy show on this forum sometimes so it is.

On top of that , pappy is running around screamin he isnt allowed to criticise the tories despite the fact almost every post he makes is a tory bad post , and dynamis is running around shouting something about the BNP and wascists. ;D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 16, 2021, 12:44:42 PM
Shellfish always been expensive? What happened to oysters being the food of the poor, or the whelk stalls outside pubs, and the cockles dosed with vinegar and pepper at the greyhounds?

How old are you?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 12:34:27 PM
Fresh fish and live shellfish always have been expensive, it is a niche market and why the majority are exported.
Shellfish always been expensive? What happened to oysters being the food of the poor, or the whelk stalls outside pubs, and the cockles dosed with vinegar and pepper at the greyhounds?
I guess less wealthy places outside Fitzrovia or Padstow could be considered niche, but it's not a convincing argument...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 12:34:27 PM
Fresh fish and live shellfish always have been expensive, it is a niche market and why the majority are exported.

You never know pappy . maybe a local fishmonger has opened up locally to you while you have been hiding in your bedroom.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2021, 12:27:16 PM
There's no market cause they priced everyone out of it. My fishmonger stocks New Zealand Mussels as they are cheaper. How can that be?

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 12:32:22 PM
You have a fishmonger? Lucky you. New Zealand Mussels are not live or fresh. Local to me fresh live mussels £6.25 a kilo delivered.

i have one as well pappy. Dont you?

By christ you really do live in some primitive backwater dont you?

No wonder you are constantly moaning and so miserable all the time.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 16, 2021, 12:27:16 PM
There's no market cause they priced everyone out of it. My fishmonger stocks New Zealand Mussels as they are cheaper. How can that be?

You have a fishmonger? Lucky you. New Zealand Mussels are not live or fresh. Local to me fresh live mussels £6.25 a kilo delivered.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 16, 2021, 12:26:04 PM
I certainly can't see any benefit at all.

i thought you said stopping freedom of movement once upon a time was a benefit?

Or have you changed your mind?

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2021, 12:23:15 PM
You need to read. In that very same post I said:

I'm on a brexit forum to talk brexit.

yep i can read.

Let me try again. This is a political debating forum. Generally , its for debating current political issues , but not exclusively.

Theres even a part where you can discuss irish politics.

Instead , you have an unhealthy compulsive obsession with brexit.

Brexit is over gerry. The uk is out.

So you tell me off about talking about history , but all you personally want to do is talk about brexit history. ::)

You lost gerry. You need to come to terms with that fact , instead of stamping your feet in a constant tantrum .

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 15, 2021, 07:20:50 PM
That is because there is next to no market in Britain for fresh fish and live shellfish. I am afraid in general people in Britain people eat a takeaway whilst watching a cookery program on TV.
The people making light of the export of fresh fish and live shellfish coming to a grinding halt are frankly bloody annoying and crass.
I just check the ship locator for off the Lizard, there is a bloody Armada of French fishing boats and just a handful of UK/local boats.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on January 16, 2021, 12:23:15 PM

Show where there has been a benefit, we're all scratching our head !

I certainly can't see any benefit at all.

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on January 16, 2021, 09:39:11 AM
right so what is your purpose on here?

Dont insult people by telling us its to discuss politics.

You barely if ever , only when pushed mention irish politics , and rarely talk about anything else other than brexit.

So not only is it strange a so called foreigner in another country apparently talking non stop about the uk , but your compulsive obsession with the uk leaving the eu is laughable.

You carry on raking the muck all day long about brexit gerry.

Like a certain individual once upon a time with tony blair and new labour , your constant hereo worshiping of the eu , and trying and failing to put the boot into brexit will have similar results to what our new labour supporting tony blair worshipper once upon a time achieved.

:D
You need to read. In that very same post I said:

I'm on a brexit forum to talk brexit.

And you continue to do what i also said in that post:

You'r here to talk about everything bar brexit.

And i point out what i see with brexit. Which is a percentage of the uk moaning for decades about what the eu is and the benefits, the cost. And how leaving will bring the sunny uplands of unicorns and anything disputing that is project fear from remoaners.

Now we can see what brexit is, ive pointed out the impact on uk fishing, pork, financial services and the inability of a pathetic govt. to have any measures in place with 4yrs lead in to help the situation bar a couple of car parks. How this govt. has put a border in the uk, divided the country in all counties, and is now planning on lowering workers rights. The added cost of leaving has made a mockery of that 350m a week bus, 50k customs officials and 200 vets will seriously dent that add customs paperwork will exceed it.

On the plus side, being able to act alone and approve the pfizer vaccing early has helped the UK get ahead of the pack in starting giving the vaccine, but lets see how that pans out, this govt. Has a habit of fu#king things up so they prob only need some time.

But you'r more than welcone to post other benefits of leaving and balance the debate. Show where there has been a benefit, we're all scratching our head !
But you'r far more interested in where I'm from or 2000BC history, it is interesting but take it to a history and 'where are you from' forum.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on January 16, 2021, 12:16:49 PM
And "gullible".
Blair is an ex PM. He needs to get re-elected to a position if he wants to get back into politics. Maybe Boris will give him a peerage.

i think boris  wants blair to keep nosing around. Everytime blair opens his mouth , for example like his opposition to brexit , he gives his political opponents more votes.

Boris should give him a peerage anyway barry for the damage blair has done to labour  over the years. :D

papasmurf