General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 26, 2021, 11:27:30 AM
OK Ill own them all . Though the conservatives haven't done brexit as planned it will do for now

You can thank me later .
So you blame Brexit for all the border delays and excessive red tape then?

Because if not, you are failing to take ownership of it and casting about for scapegoats.

And if you do take ownership of it, do you think it a good thing? Or simply an inevitable evil you and your ilk never acknowledged as likely in advance?
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Streetwalker

Quote from: srb7677 on January 26, 2021, 10:55:39 AM
One thing is clear and was wholly predictable in advance.

Whatever disasters are unfolding because of Brexit, it's supporters will lack the integrity to own them, preferring instead to cast about for scapegoats.

When the turkeys vote for Christmas it is never their own fault for ending up on the dinner plate, lol.

OK Ill own them all . Though the conservatives haven't done brexit as planned it will do for now

You can thank me later .

srb7677

One thing is clear and was wholly predictable in advance.

Whatever disasters are unfolding because of Brexit, it's supporters will lack the integrity to own them, preferring instead to cast about for scapegoats.

When the turkeys vote for Christmas it is never their own fault for ending up on the dinner plate, lol.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

srb7677

Quote from: Baff on January 22, 2021, 01:10:17 AM
I've set them back 10 or 20 years.
Who knows, maybe more.

It's over. My battle won.
This lion is going back to sleep.

Try not to wake me or I'll kick off again.
Lion?

You are about as terrifying as a midget mouse, lol.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on January 22, 2021, 01:10:17 AM
Who knows, maybe more.

Well done baffy. We`ll give you a shout in 2024 .

Good night.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on January 21, 2021, 08:26:56 AM
It is baffy , but dont underestimate them.

You will be fighting them about brexit for the forseeable future , and while what they say is just mere background whingeing , they are determined to drag the uk back into the eu by hook or by crook.

Keir starmer is their great hope , and if you arent carefull , you will be seeing starmer and his labour muppets making a triumphant return to government in 2024 , smiling like cheshire cats as they prepare to undo brexit .

Who knows, maybe more.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on January 20, 2021, 11:13:13 PM
I have to say that I pay little attention to remoaners.
I don't take anything they say seriously at all. It's just background noise.

It is baffy , but dont underestimate them.

You will be fighting them about brexit for the forseeable future , and while what they say is just mere background whingeing , they are determined to drag the uk back into the eu by hook or by crook.

Keir starmer is their great hope , and if you arent carefull , you will be seeing starmer and his labour muppets making a triumphant return to government in 2024 , smiling like cheshire cats as they prepare to undo brexit .

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on January 20, 2021, 04:06:39 PM
i have made my point regarding northern ireland many a time , they should be given a referendum on rejoining the republic. The demographics are agaisnt the uk , unionists lost their hundred year majority in stormont for the first time back in 2017 , and one day soon , they will be off.

northern ireland costs the uk more than eu membership per annum , and all it has been for the last 5 years is a covenient stick to beat brexit with.

As long as there are remoaners there is plenty mileage in brexit full stop  , northern ireland merely being a tool in their box.

Covid has stolen the wind out of everyones sails politically , but we will get through it and when we do , the remoaners will be back.

Starmer and labour are already plotting to take the uk back in one way or the other if they get back into power in 2024 , have absolutely no doubt about that.

Brexit , like trump , was never meant to happen and the worldwide liberal elite dont like it and want to do something about it.

I have to say that I pay little attention to remoaners.
I don't take anything they say seriously at all. It's just background noise.

The real opposition to Brexit policy comes from the Farages and Kate Hoey's of this world.

I'm of the opinion that NI has the right to hold a referendum on UK membership any time it likes.
Self determination.
And also that self determination has been enshrined in the NI protocol.

Given that I agree with you about NI polling, it seems odd that they haven't bothered.
I don't think it's the hot potato issue it used to be.
And I think the defeat of the IRA militarily is the reason for this.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on January 20, 2021, 03:51:48 PM
I think there is plenty of mileage left in the Northern Ireland aspect of Brexit to debate.
I'm not 100% comfortable with it.

i have made my point regarding northern ireland many a time , they should be given a referendum on rejoining the republic. The demographics are agaisnt the uk , unionists lost their hundred year majority in stormont for the first time back in 2017 , and one day soon , they will be off.

northern ireland costs the uk more than eu membership per annum , and all it has been for the last 5 years is a covenient stick to beat brexit with.

As long as there are remoaners there is plenty mileage in brexit full stop  , northern ireland merely being a tool in their box.

Covid has stolen the wind out of everyones sails politically , but we will get through it and when we do , the remoaners will be back.

Starmer and labour are already plotting to take the uk back in one way or the other if they get back into power in 2024 , have absolutely no doubt about that.

Brexit , like trump , was never meant to happen and the worldwide liberal elite dont like it and want to do something about it.

Baff

Quote from: Thomas on January 20, 2021, 09:04:06 AM
baffy , he is banned so pointless posting to him .

Maybe gerry might come back and make some half hearted point over brexit when he gets the chance instead. He seems to have run off the forum now he has realised covid has stolen the wind out of his remoaner sails.

I think there is plenty of mileage left in the Northern Ireland aspect of Brexit to debate.
I'm not 100% comfortable with it.

Thomas

Quote from: Baff on January 20, 2021, 12:55:11 AM
And now restarted.

Storm in a teacup over. Try not to capsize.

baffy , he is banned so pointless posting to him .

Maybe gerry might come back and make some half hearted point over brexit when he gets the chance instead. He seems to have run off the forum now he has realised covid has stolen the wind out of his remoaner sails.

Baff

Quote from: papasmurf on January 11, 2021, 01:28:04 PM
Quite, effectively the export of fresh fish and live shellfish from the UK to the EU has stopped.
And now restarted.

Storm in a teacup over. Try not to capsize.

Thomas

QuoteBrexiteer group supported by Nigel Farage has website SUSPENDED by EU agency
LEAVE.EU, the group founded by businessman Aaron Banks and supported by Nigel Farage, has had its website suspended by a European Union agency after it registered in Ireland to avoid losing its .eu domain name.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1385528/brexit-news-leave-eu-domain-name-waterford-ireland-nigel-farage-aaron-banks

What a world we are living in at present. Misery doom and gloom due to covid , and non stop brexit petulance from the remoaner anti democrats with their continuation of project fear.

:D

Thomas

QuoteSilicon Valley Shifts To London In U.K. Tech Boom

Undeterred by Brexit or the Covid-19 pandemic, technology firms in London attracted $10.5 billion in venture capital money last year, a new record for the U.K. and Europe.

Fintech (financial technology) firm Revolut, electric vehicle maker Arrival, and renewable energy provider Octopus Energy led the capital's tech firms to new highs according to a report released on Thursday (14 January) from the Mayor of London and Dealroom.co.

"London is the global tech capital of Europe," says Sadiq Khan, the Mayor of London. Last year the city attract more tech investment than Berlin, Paris and Stockholm combined, according to data from Dealroom.co, which tracks European venture capital money.

Behind London's tech boom is an eastward migration of venture capital from Silicon Valley. In fact, over half of the $10.5 billion of last year's funding came from non-Europeans, and 36% of it from North America.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverwilliams1/2021/01/15/silicon-valley-shifts-to-london-in-uk-tech-boom/?sh=7439c8044e0e&utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=social&utm_content=4407826177&utm_campaign=sprinklrForbesMainFB

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 17, 2021, 09:17:09 PM
Don't be a cop out. How? Fuel is the same price.

I have to assume you are joking.  (The cost of living in Spain is well below that of Britain as well.)

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Spain&country2=United+Kingdom

Indices Difference   Info
Consumer Prices in United Kingdom are 20.28% higher than in Spain (without rent)
Consumer Prices Including Rent in United Kingdom are 24.02% higher than in Spain
Rent Prices in United Kingdom are 34.26% higher than in Spain
Restaurant Prices in United Kingdom are 31.13% higher than in Spain
Groceries Prices in United Kingdom are 15.75% higher than in Spain
Local Purchasing Power in United Kingdom is 31.45% higher than in Spain

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe