General Brexit discussion thread

Started by cromwell, October 27, 2019, 09:01:29 PM

« previous - next »

Red Rackham

Quote from: Disabled Account on February 07, 2021, 04:19:31 PM
Whats all this about the kinnocks being back i nthe news ?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/campaign-highlights-kinnocks-10m-eu-2100178

something to do with the daughter in law failing to get elected to a position of power in the EU?
Really LOL, brilliant. 

patman post

The real Islington is N1. But there's so many other nearby locations stretching from Clerkenwell to Holloway claiming the Islington connection in property advertisements, that I've actually been known to class Stoke Newington as North Islington....
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

It is always fun to see the Welsh Windbag get a kick in the nuts, but an £815,000 home in Islington? You could not buy a cardboard box in the borough for that.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Whats all this about the kinnocks being back i nthe news ?

QuoteCampaign highlights Kinnocks' £10m EU earnings

NEIL and Glenys Kinnock came under fire from critics last night as details of their estimated £10m European earnings were calculated by a pressure group.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/campaign-highlights-kinnocks-10m-eu-2100178

something to do with the daughter in law failing to get elected to a position of power in the EU?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Thomas

QuoteBritain Elects
@BritainElects
·
25 Jan
Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42% (+2)
LAB: 37% (-1)
LDEM: 8% (-)
GRN: 4% (-1)
REFUK: 3% (+1)

via @RedfieldWilton
, 25 Jan
Chgs. w/ 18 Jan

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on January 27, 2021, 07:29:46 PM
I'm afraid from all I have seen, yes he is.

And although he might deny it, it is quite obvious to me that he hates me personally and holds me personally in contempt for what he imagines I represent. And this malice poisons every exchange he ever has with me - it motivates his lies, colours his every misunderstanding and misrepresentation, fuels his malice.

Life is too short. I have no time for any of it.

You are away with the fairies mate. This is years of cannabis abuse deluding your mind and making you paranoid.

Seriously , i dont hate you personally. I dont know you personally .

Away with it so you are.

Thomas

Quote from: srb7677 on January 27, 2021, 07:29:46 PM

you call everyone right wing for simply not agreeing with you.

Told you before , im more to the right than you , but that doesnt make me or everyone on this forum "right wing".

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on January 27, 2021, 07:26:45 PM
Thomas isn't right wing either,

And although he might deny it, it is quite obvious to me that he hates me personally and holds me personally in contempt for what he imagines I represent. And this malice poisons every exchange he ever has with me - it motivates his lies, colours his every misunderstanding and misrepresentation, fuels his malice.

Life is too short. I have no time for any of it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on January 27, 2021, 07:19:18 PM
Fair enough.

And Thomas seems to like it so that's ok then.....not bothering to read whatever guff he has posted afterwards though. It is rarely either informed, enlightening, or honest, in my experience.
Thomas isn't right wing either,as I've said to you from Glasgow calls a spade an effing shovel and is what he is nd shped as we all are by our lives.

We've had our ups and downs too and recently but  I still respect but don't always agree with him and I expect vice versa,you need to look closer at what he posts and see past what you think are insults,try it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on January 27, 2021, 07:02:56 PM
Well since I still believe that key utilities be in public hands,that I don't support zero hour contracts,there be fair rents and a host of other things that get me labelled a liberal....even more saying smurfy has a point.....so yeah I'm a nazi then.

So you say supporting brexit,certain that labour as it stands long ago deserted its core makes me right wing....ok so Jeremy was anti eu and not two months ago key Corbyn allies in labour said they should apologise for their brexit policy so they are right wing too?

Yeah voted Tory because I wanted brexit.....along with a host of other ex labour voters.

Basically because I don't agree wioth all you say I'm right wing.
Fair enough.

And Thomas seems to like it so that's ok then.....not bothering to read whatever guff he has posted afterwards though. It is rarely either informed, enlightening, or honest, in my experience.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 27, 2021, 07:00:25 PM

Having disdain for the Labour Party is hardly "right wing"

Keir Hardie and Nye Bevan would spit on what it has become.

All of Momentum already do. To find Jezza Corbyn's manifesto I had to abandon the labour party website, and seek instead the momentum funded and run 'jc 4 pm" site.

Thank you john , the voice of reason .

I keep telling steve  the same thing time and time again , the biggest online critics of the labour party arent nasty scottish nationalists , tory scum , or forums like this where steve alleges we are all right wingers for simply disagreeing with him.

The biggests critics i see on social media are the left wing.

Starmer and the blairites are hated with a passion by the hard left .

cromwell

Quote from: srb7677 on January 27, 2021, 06:47:07 PM
You are a solid Brexiteer who appears to oppose everything the genuine progressive left stand for, regarding it as extreme. And appear only to have disdain for the Labour party. Your posts to this effect are frequently "thanked" by the right wingers on here whom you seem to agree with a lot.

I have yet to really see you acknowledge anything good in specific left wing policies like rent control, a living wage for all, security of tenure, abolition of zero hours contracts, etc. It is as if you regard such things either as extremist or beside the point. Did you not vote Conservative in 2017 and 2019?

You appear to have lurched to the right with age but seem reluctant to acknowledge that.

Am sure you will correct me if any of my impressions are wrong.

Well since I still believe that key utilities be in public hands,that I don't support zero hour contracts,there be fair rents and a host of other things that get me labelled a liberal....even more saying smurfy has a point.....so yeah I'm a nazi then.

So you say supporting brexit,certain that labour as it stands long ago deserted its core makes me right wing....ok so Jeremy was anti eu and not two months ago key Corbyn allies in labour said they should apologise for their brexit policy so they are right wing too?

Yeah voted Tory because I wanted brexit.....along with a host of other ex labour voters.

Basically because I don't agree with all you say I'm right wing.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: srb7677 on January 27, 2021, 06:47:07 PM
And appear only to have disdain for the Labour party.

Having disdain for the Labour Party is hardly "right wing"

Keir Hardie and Nye Bevan would spit on what it has become.

All of Momentum already do. To find Jezza Corbyn's manifesto I had to abandon the labour party website, and seek instead the momentum funded and run 'jc 4 pm" site.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 26, 2021, 11:46:21 AM
No I dont blame brexit , I blame those enacting it .

This side of Offa's Dyke I blame those who didn't enact it.

The Prick In The Bay did absolutely stuff all to prepare despite the 2017 and 2019 manifesto promises. Welsh Labour plotted the best way to bring down brexit and did stuff all else. A week before the end, Prickford went on TV and stated bare faced that the problem lay in the actions of a lot of silly people who voted to leave the EU and had they not then we would not be in this mess.

He should have been run through with a blunt javelin from arse to mouth at that point, and spitroasted alive, but he was not.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>