George Floyd art memorial defaced by racist graffiti in Manchester.

Started by Barry, July 23, 2020, 10:00:36 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on July 25, 2020, 01:26:10 PM
Quote from: johnofgwent on July 23, 2020, 10:49:17 PMSnopes had a choking fit of their own. It seems they found he really was charged with and convicted of numerous offences
Suggest it could be more informative to look at the complete Snopes' findings rather than select a bit to support a quip...
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/george-floyd-criminal-record/

Or not as the case may be.

The gist of the Snopes report seems to be that Floyd was arrested for being black, which suggests that David Mikkelson has decided to play it safe
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 23, 2020, 10:49:17 PMSnopes had a choking fit of their own. It seems they found he really was charged with and convicted of numerous offences
Suggest it could be more informative to look at the complete Snopes' findings rather than select a bit to support a quip...
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/george-floyd-criminal-record/
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 23, 2020, 10:49:17 PM
Snopes had a choking fit of their own. It seems they found he really was charged with and convicted of numerous offences

Somehow snopes have decided that the meme saying he served prison time for these is wrong, in that he was only sentenced to serve that time.

Has Bill "i did not have sexual relations with that woman, i merely shoved my cigar up her £%$!" Clinton got himself a cushy side line writing snopes "fact" checks. It sure sounds like it from BS like that...

I guess that the difference is that when Bill managed to kid Monica that a blowjob was not adultery, at leat half the world, friends and foes alike, shook its head in admiration and thought what a star. But the trouble with these BLM clowns is that they have no sense of humour.
:)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: cromwell on July 25, 2020, 11:20:22 AM
Quote from: Streetwalker on July 25, 2020, 11:00:10 AM
The balance lies in not allowing people to paint murals because they want to . The Manchester council should have just said no thanks as Bristol did to the statue of the BLM protester .
I think you'll find Manchester city council welcomed it,I haven't much time for the city council or indeed many politicians but this isn't one reason for that.

No doubt they did Cromwell . Which would suggest they didn't think it through as everyman and his dog would know that it would be as divisive as any statue that is under review by the same council

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 25, 2020, 11:00:10 AM
The balance lies in not allowing people to paint murals because they want to . The Manchester council should have just said no thanks as Bristol did to the statue of the BLM protester .
I think you'll find Manchester city council welcomed it,I haven't much time for the city council or indeed many politicians but this isn't one reason for that.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

johnofgwent

Snopes had a choking fit of their own. It seems they found he really was charged with and convicted of numerous offences

Somehow snopes have decided that the meme saying he served prison time for these is wrong, in that he was only sentenced to serve that time.

Has Bill "i did not have sexual relations with that woman, i merely shoved my cigar up her £%$!" Clinton got himself a cushy side line writing snopes "fact" checks. It sure sounds like it from BS like that...   
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Comments:
QuoteDisgusting. A racist has defaced the George Floyd memorial in Stevenson Square. This is not how we act in Manchester.
A reply:
QuoteI suspect the majority of Manchester folk don't want a memorial to a convicted armed robber & drug pusher in their great city.
Where does the balance lie?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53498087
† The end is nigh †