Crew for St Ives Lifeboat attacked by driver of car parked on slipway.

Started by papasmurf, July 24, 2020, 03:01:37 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on July 29, 2020, 08:08:04 PM

Hopefully not,despite the fact this  individual is a tosser your propensity for hoping for vigilantism ain't the way forward.

I don't hope for it, in many cases it is inevitable due to lenient sentencing.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on July 24, 2020, 03:01:37 PM
Hopefully someone will publish the bastard's picture
Hopefully not,despite the fact this  individual is a tosser your propensity for hoping for vigilantism ain't the way forward.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on July 29, 2020, 07:55:45 PM
Apparently this bell end is from Plymouth which is my neck of the woods.

He might be but  he owns The Harbour Seafood Restaurant  right across the road from the lifeboat station.

I won't comment further here because of sub judicae.  (There are some pretty juicy recent comments on Trip Advisor I won't repeat here.)

srb7677

Apparently this bell end is from Plymouth which is my neck of the woods.

Could do without idiots like this sullying our good name.

Hope he gets jail time for assault but am not optimistic about that. Violence is let off too lightly these days in order to free up prison space for petty offenders.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 24, 2020, 06:01:43 PM
The story indicates the motorist parked in a crew member's space, and not that he was impeding any equipment or rescue.

That is impeding a rescue, those spaces are reserved for crew for a very good reason because it is impossible to find a parking space in St Ives.
Stupid ignorant bastards parking in the crew and helpers spaces is a recent problem. Minutes matter when it comes to getting getting the Shannon Class Lifeboat or the D Class inshore lifeboat into the water.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on July 24, 2020, 05:43:34 PMHe is lucky it did not get pushed into the sea using the launch and recovery tractor.
I'm generally not in favour of committing an offence out of spite. The story indicates the motorist parked in a crew member's space, and not that he was impeding any equipment or rescue.
If it was just a motorist being a selfish/thoughtless individual, who saw red when asked/told to move, he'll probably get no more than a slapped wrist (unfortunately)...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 24, 2020, 05:24:27 PM
Could the vehicle be confiscated it the owner is found guilty of assault...?

He is lucky it did not get pushed into the sea using the launch and recovery tractor.

patman post

Could the vehicle be confiscated it the owner is found guilty of assault...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Hopefully someone will publish the bastard's picture:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/driver-arrested-after-attack-st-4360706
14:05, 24 JUL 2020
Driver arrested after attack on St Ives lifeboat over parking on slipway
A man from Plymouth is in police custody

The owner of a vehicle which was illegally parked on St Ives lifeboat's slipway has been arrested following an attack on two members of the crew last night.

Cornwall Live reported earlier today that one of St Ives lifeboat's shhore crew and the son of a senior crew member were assaulted after asking the owner of a vehicle, which had been parked in a crew space on the slipway, to move.

A spokesperson for Devon and Cornwall Police said: "Officers were notified to reports of a common assault which happened on Wharf Road in St Ives on Thursday, July 23 at around 11.30pm.

"A 45-year-old man from Plymouth has been arrested on suspicion of assault and is in police custody."

St Ives lifeboat crew posted on social media: "Every one of us at the station is appalled and shocked that this has happened."