Margaret Thatcher split off topic

Started by srb7677, July 26, 2020, 10:27:19 AM

« previous - next »

srb7677

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 26, 2020, 09:48:08 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on July 26, 2020, 07:57:28 AM
Quote from: Bernie on July 15, 2020, 11:24:35 AM
It seems to determine the whole thing, either on a personal level or as a society, and that being the case, which is the most wholesome religion to pursue?
As someone who doesn't believe in - and rejects - all organised religions as a pile of poop, I think society is better off without religion at all. I certainly do not believe in or follow any.

But having said that I do have a few homespun beliefs, which include a belief in reincarnation, and in karma - basically what goes around comes around, in the next life if not in this one. I believe that if we do good and treat people well and generally give out good vibes, good will come back to us in this life or the next. But if we do bad and go through life being a dick to people it will come back on us sooner or later. These beliefs do help to inform my behaviour and reinforce the innate dictate of my conscience whereby I believe it to be a moral imperative not to do to others what I wouldn't want done to me.

Glen Hoddle held similar views and was sacked as England manager  because of them . He said something like disabled people had been wrong uns in a past life so its their own fault . He follows some form of Christianity though so maybe your more influenced by the likes of  Nietzsche who of course came back as Margret Thatcher  ;D
The only influence Margaret Thatcher had on me was to make me angrier, and more hateful of Tories, lol
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.