Lord West suggests hosting Parliament on a touring ship

Started by GBNews, July 27, 2020, 01:06:10 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

I suspect the chap was not entirely sincere. The commentary makes much of remarks that ideas seem to be coming out in a manner akin to chaff from an aircraft under missile attack !
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 27, 2020, 08:45:44 AM
Quote from: papasmurf on July 27, 2020, 07:38:03 AM
Why a Navy ship? There are plenty of large cruise ships available.

Well one reason for a naval frigate is that then you would only need ONE mine to sink it.

Using a larger cruise ships might actually mean it stayed afloat long enough for some tories to put on a life jacket and jump off. I can't see you approving of that ...

There are no navy ships big enough to accommodate the large numbers.
There is however a large cruise ship in Falmouth for an uknown length of time with no passengers on it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on July 27, 2020, 07:38:03 AM

Well one reason for a naval frigate is that then you would only need ONE mine to sink it.

Using a larger cruise ships might actually mean it stayed afloat long enough for some tories to put on a life jacket and jump off. I can't see you approving of that ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GBNews

Lord West suggests hosting Parliament on a touring ship

Former First Sea Lord Lord West has suggested hosting Parliament on a touring navy ship.

Source: Lord West suggests hosting Parliament on a touring ship