One crazy trick to avoid extension

Started by BeElBeeBub, October 28, 2019, 10:15:46 AM

« previous - next »

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=2887 time=1572353297 user_id=63
You might yet find that leave's weapons are ricin, cyanide and a stout pickaxe handle

Because for every quote like that bullshit above I can find two where the remainers lied through their teeth. Starting with pretty much every word Cameron and his pal Osborne uttered

The remainers have exploited every dirty trick, every vestige of the coward, and that bastard clegg's fixed term parliament's act to f**k with ,and there really is no other word to describe it, f**k with, the the expressed desire of the majority of those who could be arsed to vote in 2016, AMPLIFIED BY the solemn manifesto commitment of at least 400 WINNERS of the 2017 referendum to honour it.

They have by their actions shown they have NO regard for the principles of democracy on which this country is supposed to stand, and for which my grandfather, my father and i each in turn kept the government's of the day and their armed forces equipped as best we could to protect and defend it, and my father and I also had more than a little to do with ensuring we had the means to strike with nuclear weapons to keep it that way.

Frankly, I think grandad would have been better leaving this country to be overrun by the Nazis.

At least they actually died trying to bring about what they promised the people, as opposed to saying one thing and doing another....
wow, calm down, in one post you've threatened violence, the use of chemical weapons and literally praised the Nazi's

And if every word out if Cameron's mouth was "a lie" then that would also include the promise that the government would implement the decision....

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=2887 time=1572353297 user_id=63
You might yet find that leave's weapons are ricin, cyanide and a stout pickaxe handle

Because for every quote like that bullshit above I can find two where the remainers lied through their teeth. Starting with pretty much every word Cameron and his pal Osborne uttered

The remainers have exploited every dirty trick, every vestige of the coward, and that bastard clegg's fixed term parliament's act to f**k with ,and there really is no other word to describe it, f**k with, the the expressed desire of the majority of those who could be arsed to vote in 2016, AMPLIFIED BY the solemn manifesto commitment of at least 400 WINNERS of the 2017 referendum to honour it.

They have by their actions shown they have NO regard for the principles of democracy on which this country is supposed to stand, and for which my grandfather, my father and i each in turn kept the government's of the day and their armed forces equipped as best we could to protect and defend it, and my father and I also had more than a little to do with ensuring we had the means to strike with nuclear weapons to keep it that way.

Frankly, I think grandad would have been better leaving this country to be overrun by the Nazis.

At least they actually died trying to bring about what they promised the people, as opposed to saying one thing and doing another....

With the exception of all the swear words I agree with every word.  :roll: It is time the Remain lobby took a good long look at themselves. Everything they accuse the Leavers of they have instigated. From the word go they have fought bitterly with no holds barred to overturn what was an honest majority vote. I don't suppose they understand the word = but they should be ashamed of themselves.

johnofgwent

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=2770 time=1572270656 user_id=88
Remain's weapons were the law and constitutional processes.

BJ's were spin, lies and bluster.

It's very rich claiming to be all about democracy and parliamentary sovereignty when you support circumventing both by unlawful use of executive power.

The *only* democratic legitimacy brexiters can claim is a 3½ year old narrow victory in an advisory referendum.

The remainers have exploited every dirty trick, every vestige of the coward, and that bastard clegg's fixed term parliament's act to F@@@ with ,and there really is no other word to describe it, F@@@ with, the the expressed desire of the majority of those who could be arsed to vote in 2016, AMPLIFIED BY the solemn manifesto commitment of at least 400 WINNERS of the 2017 referendum to honour it.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Considering people have argued we never lost any of our Sovereignty, it sure as hell is a difficult job taking nothing back to regain it!  :roll:
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Surely the government can just cancel the extension on the 31st October?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Barry post_id=2814 time=1572290076 user_id=51
Thanks for that. I like to keep copies of PDFs like that one.

Notice the thinly veiled threat to show the government's displeasure during the next 3 months?  :dmq:

Yeah, there's lots of waffle around the 9 important words.

I... ...confirm the UK's formal agreement to this extension....

Note that this is signed and uses "I".  

[size=150]Boris Johnson has just done what he said he would rather "die in a ditch" than do.[/size]

Everything else is simply bluster for domestic consumption.

For example, the "I have no discretion" bit is a) irrelevant and b) not news to the EU.

Similarly the entire 2nd paragraph is simply a repeat of his public stance - not news for the EU

Even the "veiled threat" about defending the UK's interests is simply exactly the position of all EU member states.  Do you honestly imagine that France or Germany don't defend their national interests?

Barry

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=2808 time=1572287209 user_id=88
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/prime-ministers-letter-to-president-donald-tusk-28-october-2019">https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... tober-2019">https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/prime-ministers-letter-to-president-donald-tusk-28-october-2019

And it's done.  

Good job they didn't mint too many of those 50p.coins (though any that have been minted will be worth a fortune!)

Thanks for that. I like to keep copies of PDFs like that one.

Notice the thinly veiled threat to show the government's displeasure during the next 3 months?  :dmq:
† The end is nigh †

BeElBeeBub

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/prime-ministers-letter-to-president-donald-tusk-28-october-2019">https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... tober-2019">https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/prime-ministers-letter-to-president-donald-tusk-28-october-2019

And it's done.  

Good job they didn't mint too many of those 50p.coins (though any that have been minted will be worth a fortune!)

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Barry post_id=2756 time=1572267387 user_id=51
Do you think it is OK that so far, the remainers are winning, as after more than 3 years, they have used every trick to trip up the process to leave?

Do you think it is OK for the losing side to use all the weapons they can to overturn the decision, but not for the winning side to use all they have to implement it?

Remain's weapons were the law and constitutional processes.

BJ's were spin, lies and bluster.

It's very rich claiming to be all about democracy and parliamentary sovereignty when you support circumventing both by unlawful use of executive power.

The *only* democratic legitimacy brexiters can claim is a 3½ year old narrow victory in an advisory referendum.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=2756 time=1572267387 user_id=51
Do you think it is OK that so far, the remainers are winning, as after more than 3 years, they have used every trick to trip up the process to leave?

Do you think it is OK for the losing side to use all the weapons they can to overturn the decision, but not for the winning side to use all they have to implement it?

:tick:  :hattip My thoughts exactly. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. It beggars belief that those who claim to stand up for democracy, have the effrontery to claim the moral high ground, while all the time cheating on those who accepted the majority vote in good faith and are waiting, so far patiently, for it to be upheld.

Barry

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=2729 time=1572257746 user_id=88

Or is there still one mad trick for him to play now he has us remainer exactly where he wanted us?

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: BeElBeeBub post_id=2729 time=1572257746 user_id=88
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-50205603">https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-50205603

We've had all manner of "BJ has a plan to avoid extension" plans.

- send a 2nd letter saying "lolz ignore the first"

- get Hungry/Poland/Someone to veto the extension

- resign so there is no PM to ask for /accept and extension

- call an election so no government to ask/accept extension

- we actually left in March

- a50 makes extensions illegal

- call upon the elder gods

Maybe it's time to say "BJ lied, we aren't leaving on the 31st, Cummings isn't a strategic genius playing 4d chess"?

Or is there still one mad trick for him to play now he has us remainer exactly where he wanted us?

Every MP in parliament has lied.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2733 time=1572258342 user_id=89
Too late extension already granted.

Yes, it needs the executive to now delay the laws which they had put in motion to commence at 23:00 on Thursday.

There is no crazy trick, or so it seems, just a looming election to tell the government for the 4th time what we want.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

BeElBeeBub

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-50205603">https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-politics-50205603

We've had all manner of "BJ has a plan to avoid extension" plans.

- send a 2nd letter saying "lolz ignore the first"

- get Hungry/Poland/Someone to veto the extension

- resign so there is no PM to ask for /accept and extension

- call an election so no government to ask/accept extension

- we actually left in March

- a50 makes extensions illegal

- call upon the elder gods

Maybe it's time to say "BJ lied, we aren't leaving on the 31st, Cummings isn't a strategic genius playing 4d chess"?