So , whos going on holiday now

Started by Streetwalker, July 28, 2020, 09:16:58 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

I am, I need no hook up and I am completely self sustaining in my old motorhome, LOL I told you it was not going to stop me doing my thing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

No we shouldn't but people invariably never look at the small print,it's all new and unexplored territory and people get the hump much more quickly,many dismiss it all as overblown and no worse than a cold or flu.......you of course having had it know different.

People  do need a break but they'll have to be inventive won't they,might even help our economy till a handle is finally got on this.

I would mention that when I were a lad the holidays were a day out at Blackpool, then weeks of climbing trees dipping nets in ponds and streams playing loads of games wearing a mask but not because of a pandemic but a baddy in the west,being a pain in the arse and going home covered in muck and bruises.......but I won't 'cos someone will come along and say I'm still a pita and worse still don't complain because it doesn't bother me wearing a mask in shops. :) :)  ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 28, 2020, 09:16:58 AM

Should we really be booking foreign holidays in the middle of a worldwide pandemic ?

Personally a difficult choice, I have just been informed, but not officially, (Yet) that France is about to close its borders to all except French citizens and people who own property in France.
So I could go for a holiday, later in the year but, if I can't get repatriation for medical reasons insurance due to Covid-19 I won't risk it.
(I would however have a nice quiet holiday.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

The ongoing pandemic has robbed many of us of our holidays this year  .My destination of choice Canada is yet to open its borders to tourists since it closed them in the middle of March .

Its not the worst that could happen though and the people on the Tv and radio this morning complaining that their holidays are ruined  should have maybe read the small print. It was always on the cards that the quarantine would be re-introduced  even at short notice .

Should we really be booking foreign holidays in the middle of a worldwide pandemic ?