So , whos going on holiday now

Started by Streetwalker, July 28, 2020, 09:16:58 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 28, 2020, 11:09:59 AM
Quote from: Nalaar on July 28, 2020, 11:00:08 AM
Quote from: Streetwalker on July 28, 2020, 09:16:58 AMShould we really be booking foreign holidays in the middle of a worldwide pandemic ?   

No, we should not, but the selfish impulse will overrule many in the coming months no doubt.

It is selfish .The not knowing what is round the corner makes playing it safe and staying at home the right decision . Makes me die when the moaners that are coming back say they can't afford two weeks off work to quarantine . WTF are they going abroad for if they can't afford next weeks shopping ?

I think the Spanish president ,the Pedro guy is also in some respects  being selfish  in opening his country up to tourism . They obviously need the brit £  but  at what cost ?
Well I will give you some advice, as Smurf was telling us in Europe everyone wears a mask, so the second wave which Boris has advised is coming and indeed has started can only come from those not wearing masks, oh but wait, if you were wearing one like all Europeans it would only be those not wearing them who got Covid. So no second wave then? I guess you will have to work out how that works for yourselves.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nalaar on July 28, 2020, 11:00:08 AM
Quote from: Streetwalker on July 28, 2020, 09:16:58 AMShould we really be booking foreign holidays in the middle of a worldwide pandemic ?   

No, we should not, but the selfish impulse will overrule many in the coming months no doubt.

It is selfish .The not knowing what is round the corner makes playing it safe and staying at home the right decision . Makes me die when the moaners that are coming back say they cant afford two weeks off work to quarantine . WTF are they going abroad for if they cant afford next weeks shopping ?

I think the Spanish president ,the Pedro guy is also in some respects  being selfish  in opening his country up to tourism . They obviously need the brit £  but  at what cost ?

Nalaar

Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 28, 2020, 10:52:01 AM

I used to be like that with birds

Small motorcycles and big women are fun, but not many men will admit to that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on July 28, 2020, 10:50:12 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 28, 2020, 10:39:14 AM
life is a box of chocolates.

I always end up with the chocolate no-one else wants to eat.

I used to be like that with birds

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 28, 2020, 10:47:09 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 28, 2020, 09:41:55 AM
I am, I need no hook up and I am completely self sustaining in my old motorhome, LOL I told you it was not going to stop me doing my thing.

Nice one Sheepy , sounds like your sorted . Where abouts you headed  ?
Kent first, then heading down the south west.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 28, 2020, 10:39:14 AM
life is a box of chocolates.

I always end up with the chocolate no-one else wants to eat.

Streetwalker

I am, I need no hook up and I am completely self sustaining in my old motorhome, LOL I told you it was not going to stop me doing my thing.

Nice one Sheepy , sounds like your sorted . Where abouts you headed  ?

Sheepy

But don't you worry, I can connect my laptop via tethering charge it via solar power and  watch TV so I can watch you all running around like headless chickens trying to work out the latest covid narrative. I might even think of you when I have my feet up next to the lake doing a little fishing. If the weather is nice I will cook outside on the Cadac. life is a box of chocolates.

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on July 28, 2020, 09:48:29 AM
Funnily enough I read a piece from God knows where about complaints from one end of the country to the other about people wild camping and motor homes blocking up car parks near beaches.

Parking up in wales is now illegal, unless you're a pikey in which case they fall over backwards to wring their hands and say how unfairly treated you are by the tax payers who will have to pay to have youer shit (and last time it was, literally) cleaned up.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on July 28, 2020, 10:04:29 AM
Well you won't have to worry as I am a member of a few Motorhome clubs and as we know where we can go and we cannot, we take littering very seriously or otherwise it ruins it for everyone else. You won't even know if we have come and gone.

Several sites  like that in the area where I live, unless you happen to spot the tiny sign at the side of the road where the entrance is, you would not know they existed at all.

Sheepy

Well you won't have to worry as I am a member of a few Motorhome clubs and as we know where we can go and we cannot, we take littering very seriously or otherwise it ruins it for everyone else. You won't even know if we have come and gone. In fact that is how I knew yesterdays false headlines was in fact a Travellers site.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on July 28, 2020, 09:48:29 AM

I actually don't see a problem as long as they leave no mess and don't annoy people with unreasonable behaviour.

They are a problem when they park/camp where parking and camping is banned at all times.
As for the other problems:-

This is both a local and a national campaign:-

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cornwall-live-launches-dont-trash-4368174

cromwell

Funnily enough I read a piece from God knows where about complaints from one end of the country to the other about people wild camping and motor homes blocking up car parks near beaches.

I actually don't see a problem as long as they leave no mess and don't annoy people with unreasonable behaviour.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on July 28, 2020, 09:37:03 AM

I would mention that when I were a lad the holidays were a day out at Blackpool,

The first real holiday I had was fully paid for by the government, a two week camp in darkest Derbyshire with the Combined Cadet Force of High Wycombe Royal Grammar School
(It was very enjoyable.)