Main Menu

Israel second wave

Started by Barry, July 29, 2020, 05:11:43 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2020, 07:12:12 PM
Disagree. As I see it, the real problem is some governments did not take Corvid seriously,
Not surprising when so many have little attention to detail.
Quoteresulting in delay in setting up containment.
They tried tracking and tracing and lost control. Now we are back to tracking and tracing.

QuoteAs a result, too many people didn't and still don't take the threat seriously.
Possibly because it is not actually threatening mankind's existence, just about <1% of them.
QuoteThey've badgered the authorities into relaxing restrictions too early.
I've not seen that, but I do see a government that wants the economy back to work, otherwise there will be more deaths.
QuoteNow we're beginning to see increasing infection rates, when the Summer should have helped contain the Covid spread.
They are not falling fast, but mostly it seems are amongst younger people who are surviving
QuoteSacrificing large numbers of vulnerable and unwanted people in the quest for the yet-to-be-proved herd immunity was never an acceptable strategy for civilised and social- minded administrations...
We have not sacrificed anyone. This virus is a natural unseen phenomena and we have very few weapons in our armament against it. Israel flattened the curve, but it was only temporary. The virus certainly can be fatal, but in 99% of cases is not.

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 29, 2020, 07:12:12 PM

Sacrificing large numbers of vulnerable and unwanted people in the quest for the yet-to-be-proved herd immunity was never an acceptable strategy for civilised and social- minded administrations...

"civilised and social- minded administrations..." Let me know when England has one.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Disagree. As I see it, the real problem is some governments did not take Corvid seriously, resulting in delay in setting up containment. As a result, too many people didn't and still don't take the threat seriously. They've badgered the authorities into relaxing restrictions too early. Now we're beginning to see increasing infection rates, when the Summer should have helped contain the Covid spread.
Sacrificing large numbers of vulnerable and unwanted people in the quest for the yet-to-be-proved herd immunity was never an acceptable strategy for civilised and social- minded administrations...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

The real problem with suppressing this virus is that if it is done too well, there are too many people still available to infect who are not immune.
Israel were congratulating themselves a few months ago saying they had beaten the virus. They have not. They merely delayed the inevitable.
† The end is nigh †