Main Menu

Israel second wave

Started by Barry, July 29, 2020, 05:11:43 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on October 02, 2020, 11:32:14 AM
Israel currently has the highes infection rate per capita in the world, which tends to confirm that suppressing the spread merely delays the infection.
The virus will eventually run its course, no matter what anyone does and ruining our economies should not have been an option.
However, I will continue to abide by the laws, for the time being.
Really who knew, I guess the Israelis have finally done something of use for others then.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 02, 2020, 11:32:14 AM
Israel currently has the highes infection rate per capita in the world, which tends to confirm that suppressing the spread merely delays the infection.
The virus will eventually run its course, no matter what anyone does and ruining our economies should not have been an option.

I don't see an option to what is currently being attempted. If we sat back and allow the virus free reign surely the numbers of people sick would still hit the economy. Yes people would die but those having to stay off sick for as long as it takes for them to be fit enough for work would still hit the economy. Some people it's true would be symptomless but the rest of work colleagues may well not be so lucky.

We forget that when this started the science appeared reasonable, the amount of knowledge was at best warped, so all countries followed what appeared to work in China. It's true that since then things have become somewhat clearer but I can't help thinking that the last thing the government would do is damage anything if they were confident in what affect this virus would have on people, facilities, services if it spread unchecked. I don't think there is a clear black or white remedy and everything is trial and error because no-one has yet seen it through.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on July 29, 2020, 11:46:13 PM
Quote from: Nick on July 29, 2020, 11:34:30 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on July 29, 2020, 08:51:05 PMThat there is a lot not known about the virus yet.

To state that there is a lot not known you have to know what is not known, so please let us know what is not known.

https://youtu.be/REWeBzGuzCc
:)

I'm confused, are you agreeing with me or not 😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on July 29, 2020, 11:34:30 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on July 29, 2020, 08:51:05 PMThat there is a lot not known about the virus yet.

To state that there is a lot not known you have to know what is not known, so please let us know what is not known.

https://youtu.be/REWeBzGuzCc
:)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on July 29, 2020, 08:51:05 PM
Quote from: cromwell on July 29, 2020, 08:41:52 PM

Not sure what we are supposed to deduce from this.

That there is a lot not known about the virus yet.  A significant number of are pretty certain they had it before last Christmas, Where I live there was certainly "a lot of it about," my GP commented about it the last time I saw him, whatever it was it was taking people a long time to get over it.
Three old people carking it over the Christmas period is par for the course here.
Dunno seems a bit odd when the WHO is guiding everyone else on what the Chinese did, but the Chinese have said they won't produce the figures until Covid is over. Which the Chinese government knew about it before Chinese new year, but allowed people to travel the world and decided they would deal with it after the worldwide travelling was done. While at the same time announcing they couldn't careless about human rights.

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on July 29, 2020, 09:05:45 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 29, 2020, 08:45:26 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on July 29, 2020, 08:20:37 PM
Well one of my family is in the high risk category, who was taken to hospital with breathing problems, so he was given the covid test and he has worn a mask and followed every piece of lockdown down advice, well it turns out he already had the antibodies, which means he must have had it and didn't know.
whatever you like, it is just a fact.
Not really,it's just a post.
Well in that case you don't need to deduce anything from it, do you. Carry on as though it never happened or was posted.

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on July 29, 2020, 08:45:26 PM
Well one of my family is in the high risk category, who was taken to hospital with breathing problems, so he was given the covid test and he has worn a mask and followed every piece of lockdown down advice, well it turns out he already had the antibodies, which means he must have had it and didn't know.
Not really,it's just a post.

papasmurf

That there is a lot not known about the virus yet.  A significant number of are pretty certain they had it before last Christmas, Where I live there was certainly "a lot of it about," my GP commented about it the last time I saw him, whatever it was it was taking people a long time to get over it.
Three old people carking it over the Christmas period is par for the course here.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

cromwell

Sheepy

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 29, 2020, 07:39:35 PM

Please stop picking out tiny parts of posts. It's really not debating, is it.
You cut out "This virus is a natural unseen phenomena and we have very few weapons in our armament against it." which is totally relevant.

I was responding to a comment, there is no rule stating I have to quote parts of a comment I don't wish to reply to.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on July 29, 2020, 07:35:18 PMHave you seen a news today:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53574265

Plus this:-

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/127/public-accounts-committee/news/147605/slow-inconsistent-and-negligent-approach-to-social-care-in-pandemic/
Please stop picking out tiny parts of posts. It's really not debating, is it.
You cut out "This virus is a natural unseen phenomena and we have very few weapons in our armament against it." which is totally relevant.
† The end is nigh †