Were an election being held today, how would you vote?

Started by srb7677, July 30, 2020, 06:52:21 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Why would I vote for any of them, when they are not fit for purpose.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on July 30, 2020, 06:41:25 PM
Apparently the outsider contender for the lib dem leadership has felt it necessary to have BBC news broadcast to the work that she is "pan sexual"

I've no idea what that is. Perhaps she yearns to wander off into the woods at night to get shagged by a goat ?

Either way, the fact is that ever since Harriet Harman declared that any black, other minority ethnic, woman, gay, lesbian, bi, trans or basically any other person not fitting the description of "happily married white heterosexual male" should be shortlisted for a job interview because they are  black, other minority ethnic, woman, gay, lesbian, bi, trans or basically any other person not fitting the description of "happily married white heterosexual male", every other party except the tories have jumped on that bandwagon to a greater and greater extent, hoping even more of this world's wierdos will crawl out from under their rock to vote for them.

I'd vote tory, but our candidate in 2015 and 2017 was the daughter of the corrupt shithead who put his wife on the candidate selection committee and his daughter on a public funded job in order to secure his defection to the tory party, and then last time it was a local farmer who was "indebted" to this same corrupt shithead for the advancement he got in the party heirarchy, so clearly there is some wonga changing trouser pockets somewhere. Fortunately the corrupt scumbag is now dead, so MAYBE next yer's assembly and the next general election might see a return to less nepotism but somehow i doubt it.

It means she is attracted to people or even things. Sexual orientation doesn't come into it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on July 30, 2020, 07:40:04 PM
There is of course the other option of voting for the best candidate regardless of party .
That's currently me. But it's also partly tactical — voting for my preferred party in N16 could make the way easier for someone whose views I despise or think is just foolish...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

There is of course the other option of voting for the best candidate regardless of party .

johnofgwent

Apparently the outsider contender for the lib dem leadership has felt it necessary to have BBC news broadcast to the work that she is "pan sexual"

I've no idea what that is. Perhaps she yearns to wander off into the woods at night to get shagged by a goat ?

Either way, the fact is that ever since Harriet Harman declared that any black, other minority ethnic, woman, gay, lesbian, bi, trans or basically any other person not fitting the description of "happily married white heterosexual male" should be shortlisted for a job interview because they are  black, other minority ethnic, woman, gay, lesbian, bi, trans or basically any other person not fitting the description of "happily married white heterosexual male", every other party except the tories have jumped on that bandwagon to a greater and greater extent, hoping even more of this world's wierdos will crawl out from under their rock to vote for them.

I'd vote tory, but our candidate in 2015 and 2017 was the daughter of the corrupt shithead who put his wife on the candidate selection committee and his daughter on a public funded job in order to secure his defection to the tory party, and then last time it was a local farmer who was "indebted" to this same corrupt shithead for the advancement he got in the party heirarchy, so clearly there is some wonga changing trouser pockets somewhere. Fortunately the corrupt scumbag is now dead, so MAYBE next yer's assembly and the next general election might see a return to less nepotism but somehow i doubt it.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on July 30, 2020, 03:18:17 PM

And Brexit is likely to be a disaster for the entire southwest, which seems to have been full of turkeys who thought voting for Christmas was a great idea. But it's inevitable now. It cannot be stopped.

Quite, I have a space cleared in my front garden for an inshore fishing boat as a garden ornament. they will be worth nothing next year, and one of my neighbour will only have to drag his boat 50 yards to put it in the space.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

I am a Conservative supporter by inclination, but currently see no chance of a Tory getting in here. So at this minute I'd vote for the current MP because of her (and her office's) local work. However, I might chance one of the other rag-tag parties getting in and vote Tory if it ever looked like there could be a "Red Wall" swing here...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on July 30, 2020, 02:50:01 PM
Quote from: srb7677 on July 30, 2020, 02:40:49 PM
The question asked who would you vote for, not who you support. You could always qualify your position in a post explaining your reasons

Where I live that would be Liberal Democrat, because it is a Tory marginal with Lib-Dem a close second.
Brexit is going to be a complete disaster for West Cornwall.
Not too far from me then since I live in Plymouth. My constituency of Plymouth Moorview has the Tory Jonny Mercer as an MP with a substantial majority, though by far the nearest challengers are Labour who have held the seat before. So even were I not a party member or even supporter, I would probably still have had to vote Labour for tactical anti-Tory reasons. But if, as a consequence of the shenanigans of New Labourites facilitated by Starmer, Labour too were to become something I could never support, I would be left having to exercise a protest vote by voting Green if they stood, otherwise Lib Dem. If it came to that I would already have left the Labour Party.

And Brexit is likely to be a disaster for the entire southwest, which seems to have been full of turkeys who thought voting for Christmas was a great idea. But it's inevitable now. It cannot be stopped.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: srb7677 on July 30, 2020, 02:40:49 PM
The question asked who would you vote for, not who you support. You could always qualify your position in a post explaining your reasons

Where I live that would be Liberal Democrat, because it is a Tory marginal with Lib-Dem a close second.
Brexit is going to be a complete disaster for West Cornwall.

srb7677

Quote from: papasmurf on July 30, 2020, 11:32:48 AM
Quote from: srb7677 on July 30, 2020, 09:52:17 AM

As I always have don, tactically to keep a Tory out. (No option for that in your poll.)
Presumably you would have in mind one of my options as the tactical option, whomever of them locally is best placed to defeat the Tory I would guess. You could have voted for them in my poll.

That would imply support for a particular political party.
[/quote]The question asked who would you vote for, not who you support. You could always qualify your position in a post explaining your reasons
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on July 30, 2020, 12:25:23 PM

None of them appeal, but at least the Conservatives aren't ashamed to be British. So I will hold my nose and vote for them.

Sorry but I just do not get this "ashamed to be British," nonsense.
It is the Tories who have turned Britain into an international laughing stock.

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on July 30, 2020, 11:55:57 AM
Quote from: Streetwalker on July 30, 2020, 11:45:17 AM
With the slow suicide of UKIP after the referendum I have not found a party that is worthy of my vote . If the Brexit party stood in Croydon I would vote for them but they don't or haven't yet so I would probably spoil the paper .

If the never trust a Tory party come good on Brexit they will get my vote next time as a thanks and we will take it from there on merit .
I put down other because I see no one who really appeals.

None of them appeal, but at least the Conservatives aren't ashamed to be British. So I will hold my nose and vote for them.
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

With the slow suicide of UKIP after the referendum I have not found a party that is worthy of my vote . If the Brexit party stood in Croydon I would vote for them but they don't or haven't yet so I would probably spoil the paper .

If the never trust a Tory party come good on Brexit they will get my vote next time as a thanks and we will take it from there on merit .
I put down other because I see no one who really appeals.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Pretty much the same. The Tories look to be coming good on Brexit so they will get my vote by way of encouragement.
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker