Better late than never I suppose, after all this time how to cope with shielding

Started by papasmurf, July 30, 2020, 04:37:50 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on July 31, 2020, 01:27:32 PM

From the tone of your post I guess you're certain there's not been either a mail delay or a swift PHE reaction to a rise in complaints that those people

Quite certain the paperwork with it was dated only a few days ago.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on July 30, 2020, 04:37:50 PM
So now approaching 4 months into shielding and an information pack arrives from Public Health England in the post today on how to cope during shielding.
From the tone of your post I guess you're certain there's not been either a mail delay or a swift PHE reaction to a rise in complaints that those people shielding are still not sure of how they should behave as new information, instructions and rules are reported.
Although I've not talked to two relatives who are shielding about this particular document, both seem confident they're getting all documentation and alerts from their GPs, the NHS, local council, and Age, Asthma and Heart charities.
The way this is panning out, it seems we're all liable to local restrictions, maybe several times, so it's not a bad move to make sure the most vulnerable are kept aware of personal safety procedures as their general isolation ends...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on July 30, 2020, 10:24:02 PM

You don't need it anyway, you keeep telling us how well informed you are, (unless an acronym is used!) :)

Due to helping various "waif and strays" over the years plus getting "ordered" to go for appointments at the local medical centre, I am already up to speed with most of the information supplied by Public Health England.

Barry

So now approaching 4 months into shielding and an information pack arrives from Public Health England in the post today on how to cope during shielding.
You don't need it anyway, you keeep telling us how well informed you are, (unless an acronym is used!) :)
† The end is nigh †

Nick

PHE is independent of the government in respect of what it says and does.

"PHE shall be free to publish and speak on those issues which relate to the nation's health and wellbeing in order to set out the professional, scientific and objective judgement of the evidence base."

But don't let a good story get in way of the truth ;)
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf