Better late than never I suppose, after all this time how to cope with shielding

Started by papasmurf, July 30, 2020, 04:37:50 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 02, 2020, 10:23:49 AM

Where did I say that one side or the other is the reality,what I said was it probably lies somewhere in between.

I go out but avoid crowds,don't go in bars anymore (not that there were any open until recently) but have a drink in the garden,have worn a mask out of my choice since the off in enclosed spaces and do my best to minimise the risk to me and mine.

Get a grip,what of? Autumn and winter usually entails clearing up too many leaves and walks in the wet or cold,what's different.

Smurf makes a hysterical throw away comment about tourists , postman has a dig to him about it , and you throw in a BBC article to try and defend what smurf says.

Im just surprised you take anything he says at face value bearing in mind the amount of times you have dug him up yourself over the years regarding the absolute cac he talks.

Smurf is yet another hysteric who absolutely revels in taking what appears to be a tiny grain of truth , and blowing it completely out of proportion , as he has done numerous times over the years , and as your own bbc article shows he is doing in this thread.

Lets see now , smurf using his favourite word "nasty" ( which generally is reserved for anyone political party or whatever who disagree with his world view....here being used for tourists) to describe innocent tourists the vast majority of whom smurf knows feck all about with the insinuation hordes are descending on cornwall  , spreading the bubonic plague , and causing the locals to be in fear of going out doors.

The reality?

Tourists are going to cornwall , but far less than normal . Beaches are pretty full , but not packed. The vast vast majority of people are indeed observing rules  , social distancing and masks etc , which is shown in the fact despite the increase in toruists , cornwalls covid cases have risen by a massive 14 in the timescale of your article. Thats out of a popualtion of half a million excluding numbers of tourists.

So the reality is smurf is yet again talking cac as he always does on most given topics.

Need i remind you of his forecasts of impending doom back in 2010 when the tory/lib coalition got elected ..........he was wrong.

Same again in 2015 , forecasts of fire death and destruction  when the tories got elected , wrong again.

2016 he was of mixed minds prefering to see how the wind blew over brexit.......he hated immigration , but fell short of slagging off the eu  , and only recently when it has become expedient to use brexit as a stick to beat the tories with , he has started talking of yet more impending forecasts of death and destruction.

same again 2017 / 2019 and here we are , new year new crises , yet same old smurf.

The auld cant should lock himself in his house , throw away the key and do the rest of us a favour.

The truth doesnt lie somewhere between....it lies as far away from what smurf is saying bordering on being a lie but not quite.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Now it looks as if the over 50s will be asked to shield:-

More at link:-

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-millions-of-over-50s-could-be-told-to-stay-at-home-to-avoid-second-nationwide-lockdown-12040780

Coronavirus: Millions of over-50s could be told to stay at home to avoid second nationwide lockdown
People between 50 and 70 could be given personalised risk ratings, taking into account factors like age and medical history.
Sunday 2 August 2020 07:54, UK
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on August 02, 2020, 10:23:49 AM

Get a grip,what of? Autumn and winter usually entails clearing up too many leaves and walks in the wet or cold,what's different.

There is also an annual inoculation for flu, there isn't (yet) for Covid-19.  Frankly the people who still have their heads up their backside about Covid-19 are a big part of why the second wave is imminent or more likely started.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 02, 2020, 07:52:23 AM
Quote from: cromwell on August 01, 2020, 08:03:39 PM

Good for you,you go with what you think hysteria I'll stick reality .

What reality is that then cromwell?

The word of a zany auld crank who has read one too many lemmy kilmister biographies , who has been banned for talking shite on every forum you and i have frequented , for things like shooting conservative mps or talking about throwing people throw glass windows ( in his feckin dreams) yet at the first sign of the "chinese flu" as borkie says , he is cowering at the side of his bed in terror. That reality?

...and a contradictory bbc article?

In the very article you quote , it says it gets its information from the local cornish facebook community page in the second paragraph , full of the usual local drama queens and attention seekers , and when it does quote any apparent interviews , we have a mere four people in agreement with the over the top headline and two against. The two against talk about over dramatisation and visiter numbers being way down from normal , and the dreaded chinese flu cases you so fear were up in the story by 14 from the previous week , feckin 14 cases in a county with a population of over half a million people.

If smurf is your go to barometer of "reality" , no wonder you are getting more and more hysterical over this chinese flu.

FFS if this is what you are like in the middle of summer , what are you going to be like in the middle of winter when flus and colds are doing the rounds.?

Get a grip FFS cromwell.
Where did I say that one side or the other is the reality,what I said was it probably lies somewhere in between.

I go out but avoid crowds,don't go in bars anymore (not that there were any open until recently) but have a drink in the garden,have worn a mask out of my choice since the off in enclosed spaces and do my best to minimise the risk to me and mine.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

QuoteThe rate of new cases of coronavirus in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly has more than doubled in a week, the latest figures show - although the actual number of cases still remain low compared to other parts of the country.

QuoteHowever, the number of deaths in Cornwall's hospitals remains the same today, staying at 91 where it has sat since July 2.

There are also no new deaths reported in the south west as a whole.

Earlier this week the Office for National Statistics, which has been collating numbers for all settings, including hospitals, care homes and the wider community, confirmed there had been no increase in the overall total of 208.

The ONS figures relate to deaths in the week of July 11 and July 17, but were registered up to July 25.

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/18620788.coronavirus-cornwall-round-friday-july-31/

QuoteNo new coronavirus deaths in Devon and Cornwall, ONS data shows

https://www.midweekherald.co.uk/news/no-new-deaths-in-devon-and-cornwall-1-6768140

A small selection of the good news stories instead of the doom and gloom propaganda constantly being spouted by the forums very own victor meldrew.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on August 02, 2020, 08:53:50 AM

Quite. Serious problems all over the country with invasions of a particularly nasty type of tourist, illegal raves, and demonstrations. and some people still have their head stuck up their backside.

Prove it then?

If there are serious problems all over the "country" ( which country?) then you should have no problem providing links and reports of these widespread problems.

Quoteand some people still have their head stuck up their backside.

That would be you.

If you want to spend the rest of your life dubbed up in your bedroom in terror of the chinese flu , thats up to you.

QuoteI can't find any credible reference yet,

;D

aye im sure you cant.

Quotebut it appears the government are about to deploy the armed services to assist the civil power to control the situation.Locally that would mean sailors with guns, and that is scary.

You are already scared out your wits , so why worry further?

papasmurf

Quite. Serious problems all over the country with invasions of a particularly nasty type of tourist, illegal raves, and demonstrations. and some people still have their head stuck up their backside.
I can't find any credible reference yet, but it appears the government are about to deploy the armed services to assist the civil power to control the situation.
Locally that would mean sailors with guns, and that is scary.

Sheepy

Boris Johnson has asked officials to prepare a suite of possible measures that could help avoid shutting down the economy for a second time, after he said that he wanted to avoid another lockdown.

The options include a programme of "enhanced" or "differential" shielding, as part of which vulnerable people would be asked to remain at home while the rest of the population continued to move around freely. One proposal is for the shielded group to be allocated specific times of the week to have exclusive access to some services and shops.

The potential measures also include imposing a city-wide lockdown on London if infection rates spike in the capital and tightening quarantine restrictions on those flying into the UK.
As usual we have to put it right.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

What reality is that then cromwell?

The word of a zany auld crank who has read one too many lemmy kilmister biographies , who has been banned for talking shite on every forum you and i have frequented , for things like shooting conservative mps or talking about throwing people throw glass windows ( in his feckin dreams) yet at the first sign of the "chinese flu" as borkie says , he is cowering at the side of his bed in terror. That reality?

...and a contradictory bbc article?

In the very article you quote , it says it gets its information from the local cornish facebook community page in the second paragraph , full of the usual local drama queens and attention seekers , and when it does quote any apparent interviews , we have a mere four people in agreement with the over the top headline and two against. The two against talk about over dramatisation and visiter numbers being way down from normal , and the dreaded chinese flu cases you so fear were up in the story by 14 from the previous week , feckin 14 cases in a county with a population of over half a million people.

If smurf is your go to barometer of "reality" , no wonder you are getting more and more hysterical over this chinese flu.

FFS if this is what you are like in the middle of summer , what are you going to be like in the middle of winter when flus and colds are doing the rounds.?

Get a grip FFS cromwell.

papasmurf

I would like to point out "that guy from Visit Cornwall," is representing business not residents. His stupid comments have been the cause of a lot of the problems, and he is hated.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 01, 2020, 07:48:44 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 01, 2020, 07:31:04 PM

Well thanks for that Thomas,I was merely highlighting that it wasn't just smurfy and pals,of course there's another side to the story and one or other are thought correct....the reality is that it probably lies somewhere between the two.

No you are right , its smurf , his pals , and bored single mum vicky on the local perranporth facebook community page.

Think i will stick with what the guy from visit cornwall is saying about numbers being down from normal and the small business owner talking about over dramatisation which is what we are seeing everywhere  - hysterics acting hysterical.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 01, 2020, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 01, 2020, 09:48:30 AM

Looks like more than a couple of smurfys neighbours
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-53571128

from the link.......

QuoteBut Adrienne Munday, a small business owner there, said Covid-19 concerns had been "over dramatised" in the media and most people were delighted to welcome back the "summer buzz".

Drama queens over dramatising seems to be the same across much of the western world at the minute.

QuoteThere were 20 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Cornwall in the week up to 26 July, a rise of 14 from the previous week.

A Cornwall Council spokesperson said: "To help guide people in city and town centres we have marked 'keep right' walkways and put up signing, and there are street wardens on hand to offer advice.

"Cornwall Council will continue to monitor congested sites and provide signs and marshals where they may help, but we ask everyone to be considerate of others and follow public health guidance to help reduce the risk of transmission."

Malcolm Bell from Visit Cornwall said: "It seems busier than ever but we are actually below the normal peak levels".

So despite the headline locals being too scared to go shopping and talking of "benidorm on steroids" , the fact of the matter is its much ado about nuthing and the head of the cornish tourist board is saying numbers are below normal levels for the time of year.
Medically speaking there is only one way of ending a pandemic virus, which is, either herd immunity through your own built in immune system(which for some reason we are being kidded doesn't work), or through a vaccine which only gives the immune system a kick into gear anyway, if you are in a group that is deemed at risk of death for whatever reason you should stay at home and your only choice is hope for a vaccine that might or might not give you immunity. It is also the only way to stop a second wave, you need at least 60% with a working immune system for immunity, those are facts not some political mindless bollox.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Well thanks for that Thomas,I was merely highlighting that it wasn't just smurfy and pals,of course there's another side to the story and one or other are thought correct....the reality is that it probably lies somewhere between the two.

No you are right , its smurf , his pals , and bored single mum vicky on the local perranporth facebook community page.

Think i will stick with what the guy from visit cornwall is saying about numbers being down from normal and the small business owner talking about over dramatisation which is what we are seeing everywhere  - hysterics acting hysterical.

papasmurf

The reality depends on exactly where you live in Cornwall. If you live in an area like I do  that has been invaded by anti-social scum for the last few weeks, that have no respect for the people who live here or the environment, have never heard of the country code or the highway code, drive dangerously and park dangerously, and ignore social distancing, you would be angry and scared.
(That has not happened in the past other than a few instances.)
On the other hand if you live in an area where few tourists ever venture you would wonder what all the fuss is about.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 01, 2020, 07:13:35 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 01, 2020, 09:48:30 AM

Looks like more than a couple of smurfys neighbours
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-53571128

from the link.......

QuoteBut Adrienne Munday, a small business owner there, said Covid-19 concerns had been "over dramatised" in the media and most people were delighted to welcome back the "summer buzz".

Drama queens over dramatising seems to be the same across much of the western world at the minute.

QuoteThere were 20 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Cornwall in the week up to 26 July, a rise of 14 from the previous week.

A Cornwall Council spokesperson said: "To help guide people in city and town centres we have marked 'keep right' walkways and put up signing, and there are street wardens on hand to offer advice.

"Cornwall Council will continue to monitor congested sites and provide signs and marshals where they may help, but we ask everyone to be considerate of others and follow public health guidance to help reduce the risk of transmission."

Malcolm Bell from Visit Cornwall said: "It seems busier than ever but we are actually below the normal peak levels".

So despite the headline locals being too scared to go shopping and talking of "benidorm on steroids" , the fact of the matter is its much ado about nuthing and the head of the cornish tourist board is saying numbers are below normal levels for the time of year.