Labour MP Keith Vaz faces six-month suspension

Started by papasmurf, October 28, 2019, 02:38:00 PM

« previous - next »

Major Sinic

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=2870 time=1572349313 user_id=75
Mr Johnson promised there would be no border in the Irish Sea before agreeing to one, and also promised the UK would be leaving on the 31st October and he wouldn't be requesting an extension but now we're not and he did

These were promises which secured his position as leader of the Conservative Party and subsequently Prime Minister.

Do you think he should resign?

In the absence of any immediate consequences for him making firm and specifix promises for short term gain and then breaking them when he's unable to deliver it's unclear why we should trust anything he says.

No of course he shouldn't not least because there is no border in the Irish Sea and there will not be one if trade negotiations succeed.

He was prevented by an undemocratic parliament using every dirty trick in the book to prevent the UK leaving on the 31st October, despite the fact that he succeeded in reopening the WA agreement and securing an equitable deal with the EU.

He did not request an extension; he sent the letter required under the Surrender Act unsigned with the implication it was from the UK Parliament, and sent his own signed letter expressing the wish that no extension should be granted.

Perhaps if you could get your facts a little straighter you would be marginally more credible. Here is a link to help you from a media source I suspect youu find credible!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/16/the-irish-sea-border-what-does-it-mean-for-businesses-brexit">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ses-brexit">https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/16/the-irish-sea-border-what-does-it-mean-for-businesses-brexit

johnofgwent

Turning back to the thread, then, how does a six month suspension work now he's been kicked out with all the others
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Churchill

Hate and Envy is a very hard task master to carry around it normally consumes those who harbour one or both of them
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=3862 time=1572872942 user_id=69
I know that what make you think I don't ? that is why I have never ever been tempted to join any political party, nor do I follow any political doctrine come what may as some do without thinking

Neither do I, despite what some rabid Tories on internet forums assume.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

I know that what make you think I don't ? that is why I have never ever been tempted to join any political party, nor do I follow any political doctrine come what may as some do without thinking
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=3854 time=1572870613 user_id=69

If I was a Labour Party member I would be very concerned about his behaviour

No political party is squeaky clean.

Churchill

According to the Commons there is compelling evidence that Vaz has broken the Law he also failed to cooperate with the investigation that is why he has been suspended, the correct course of action as they should do with any MP regardless of the Party they belong to.

If I was a Labour Party member I would be very concerned about his behaviour

papasmurf

Breaking news Keith Vaz has been suspended from Parliament.

Churchill

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=3044 time=1572418431 user_id=89
It isn't publicly documented or even officially investigated, (Unless it is part of a current investigations that goes back before he was an MP.)

It is have a look re passports and the two billionaire brothers

Churchill

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=2870 time=1572349313 user_id=75
Mr Johnson promised there would be no border in the Irish Sea before agreeing to one, and also promised the UK would be leaving on the 31st October and he wouldn't be requesting an extension but now we're not and he did

These were promises which secured his position as leader of the Conservative Party and subsequently Prime Minister.

Do you think he should resign?

In the absence of any immediate consequences for him making firm and specifix promises for short term gain and then breaking them when he's unable to deliver it's unclear why we should trust anything he says.

Sad to say he is the best of a very bad bunch on both sides of the House, I am under no illusion of what all of them are that is why I not a member or fan of any party on offer for years

papasmurf

Quote from: Churchill post_id=3018 time=1572382136 user_id=69
His behaviour in the past is well documented for anyone who wishes to look, I would advise anyone that shakes hands with him should count their fingers afterwards . ;)

It isn't publicly documented or even officially investigated, (Unless it is part of a current investigations that goes back before he was an MP.)

Churchill

His behaviour in the past is well documented for anyone who wishes to look, I would advise anyone that shakes hands with him should count their fingers afterwards . ;)

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2854 time=1572338691 user_id=89
I have to admit I expected  a lot more comment in this thread.

I would imagine most of the reason is the fact a piece of shit like him has evaded the law for so long causes a lack of will to live ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=2978 time=1572375645 user_id=51
Quite right, PS, I was just thinking the same thing.  :o

I was expecting something from Vaz's  past before he was an MP to bite him on the bum a sometime, I was not expecting the current issue,

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=2921 time=1572361137 user_id=89
Here we go again the thread is about what is alleged criminal activity by a Labour MP.

Couple people please stay on topic.

Quite right, PS, I was just thinking the same thing.  :o
† The end is nigh †