Labour MP Keith Vaz faces six-month suspension

Started by papasmurf, October 28, 2019, 02:38:00 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Here we go again the thread is about what is alleged criminal activity by a Labour MP.

Couple people please stay on topic.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=2870 time=1572349313 user_id=75
Mr Johnson promised there would be no border in the Irish Sea before agreeing to one, and also promised the UK would be leaving on the 31st October and he wouldn't be requesting an extension but now we're not and he did

These were promises which secured his position as leader of the Conservative Party and subsequently Prime Minister.

Do you think he should resign?

In the absence of any immediate consequences for him making firm and specifix promises for short term gain and then breaking them when he's unable to deliver it's unclear why we should trust anything he says.

Lots of promises from poloticians ad-nauseum all the time some they can and do deliver , some they think they can but can't and some are blocked by others, there is a great deal of difference between an incompetent politician, and one that shall we say has sailed close to the wind more than once and is wide open to blackmail.
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

T00ts

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=2870 time=1572349313 user_id=75
Mr Johnson promised there would be no border in the Irish Sea before agreeing to one, and also promised the UK would be leaving on the 31st October and he wouldn't be requesting an extension but now we're not and he did

These were promises which secured his position as leader of the Conservative Party and subsequently Prime Minister.

In the absence of any immediate consequences for him making firm and specifix promises for short term gain and then breaking them when he's unable to deliver it's unclear why we should trust anything he says.

There were a lot of promises made on all sides of contempt for the electorate that have the audacity of calling themselves representatives of the people. They should all resign. BJ made promises yes, just what stopped him? The lying shady dealings of opposition who have taken our democracy and wiped the floor with it. There is blame on all sides in Westminster. This has been a massive contemptible betrayal of all those who went to the polls in the misguided trust of those who made promises they had no intention of keeping.

Hopefully the electorate will now get the last say on who stays and who goes. It will certainly be interesting.

Ciaphas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=2856 time=1572339370 user_id=69
So would I virtually instantly of within a very short time frame, I think many people over the last 3 years now have nothing but contempt for poloticians

Churchill

Quote from: Ciaphas post_id=2851 time=1572335732 user_id=75
That could be said about many MP's but sadly it seems any pretence of standards or consequences have long been abandoned.

I would expect to be sacked for gross misconduct had I done what this MP is alledged to have done.

So would I virtually instantly of within a very short time frame, I think many people over the last 3 years now have nothing but contempt for poloticians
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

papasmurf

I have to admit I expected  a lot more comment in this thread.

Ciaphas

Quote from: Churchill post_id=2778 time=1572276039 user_id=69
Long overdue, he should have the decency to resign and leave the Commons

That could be said about many MP's but sadly it seems any pretence of standards or consequences have long been abandoned.

I would expect to be sacked for gross misconduct had I done what this MP is alledged to have done.

Churchill

Long overdue, he should have the decency to resign and leave the Commons

papasmurf

I thought Keith Vaz was going to get caught out at some time, but not this:-

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50212221">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50212221

Labour MP Keith Vaz faces six-month suspension

9 minutes ago

The Commons standards watchdog has called for MP Keith Vaz to be suspended for six months after an investigation into claims about his private life.

It said there was "compelling evidence" Mr Vaz "disregarded" the law by "expressing a willingness" to supply cocaine to two male prostitutes.

It said the MP's explanation of the incident, which prompted a police probe in August 2016, was "ludicrous".

The MP also failed to co-operate with the investigation, it added.