Coronavirus has stolen our future

Started by DeppityDawg, August 02, 2020, 10:36:09 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on August 05, 2020, 09:48:30 PM
I have Camra pubs of the year, two of them, within walking distance of my house. My son-in-law, who loves different ales, craft ales and the like, loves the Robin Hood PH.
Currently 10 minutes  walk, but soon to be 3 hours drive from Kent.

I stopped being a member of Camra when they gave a glowing reports to the Wetherspoons in the nearest town to me. (Why they gave it a glowing report remains a mystery.)
Even when empty the service was appalling  slow, it appeared only one member of staff was capable of changing a barrel and the area in front of the bar seemed never to have been cleaned. It was so sticky it came close to pulling your shoes off.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

I have Camra pubs of the year, two of them, within walking distance of my house. My son-in-law, who loves different ales, craft ales and the like, loves the Robin Hood PH.
Currently 10 minutes  walk, but soon to be 3 hours drive from Kent.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 05, 2020, 02:56:54 PM

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn"

Samuel Johnson 1709 -1784

The problem being finding a good tavern or inn these days.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 05, 2020, 06:28:40 AM
It's all become a bit personal now, to no one's better understanding.

On a brighter note, at least the f**king pubs are open now. That first pint went down like it was on rails  :)

"There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man, by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn"

Samuel Johnson 1709 -1784
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

It's all become a bit personal now, to no one's better understanding.

On a brighter note, at least the fucking pubs are open now. That first pint went down like it was on rails  :)

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 04, 2020, 08:10:11 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 04, 2020, 07:51:08 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 04, 2020, 07:36:04 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 04, 2020, 05:33:54 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 04, 2020, 12:18:55 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 04, 2020, 12:17:17 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 04, 2020, 12:12:49 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 04, 2020, 12:10:43 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 04, 2020, 12:08:10 PM
I'm not furloughed but you carry on with your abusive rant.
LOL that old chestnut, now it is abusive.
what old chestnut,are you saying I'm lying?
Lying about what? you haven't said anything just swerved it and said you were being abused.
You assumed I was receiving furlough,I'm not.
No I didn't. I said you would know the majority are furloughed.

You said this after I said I work for a local authority

QuoteFeck all then, as you would know the majority of local authorities staff are furloughed.
which is saying I am doing nothing,I am but cannot be furloughed because I do not get paid a wage pre se,despite personal circumstances I am still doing what I was doing before covid......and that is not nothing.
So what are you whinning about now, after making out I said something I didn't. No wonder thomas has the hump. I didn't even take offence when you started saying I was being abusive, which obviously I wasn't.
You made a statement,I answered and so for the literate it's whining though  you almost had it right I was winning,still as one past mod named Don used to say when faced by people like you " you're not worth the effort" and he'd be right.
Jog on then, you have become desperate, anytime you feel like telling us what you have done as your bit do feel free, apart from lecture others on what they should be doing that is.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on August 04, 2020, 07:51:08 PM
Lying about what? you haven't said anything just swerved it and said you were being abused.

QuoteFeck all then, as you would know the majority of local authorities staff are furloughed.
which is saying I am doing nothing,I am but cannot be furloughed because I do not get paid a wage pre se,despite personal circumstances I am still doing what I was doing before covid......and that is not nothing.
So what are you whinning about now, after making out I said something I didn't. No wonder thomas has the hump. I didn't even take offence when you started saying I was being abusive, which obviously I wasn't.
You made a statement,I answered and so for the literate it's whining though  you almost had it right I was winning,still as one past mod named Don used to say when faced by people like you " you're not worth the effort" and he'd be right.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

cromwell

Sheepy

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 04, 2020, 08:03:59 AM

Finally I've fallen nowhere I need neither yours nor any others approval of what I think or believe and really don't give a rats what you think of me,you crack on and do your laurel and hardy bit might be a good laugh and quite childishly I might pick a few scenes out of braveheart in reply.

Lets just re cap how we got to this stage shall we?

Deppity dawg started a covid 19 thread talking about the economic impact of coronavirus . I engaged the thread in post #16 of the second page , addressing your pal pappa smurfs bollocks , thats after deppity dawg had already told him to feck off and stop trolling the thread as he normally does.

i made a further post  replying to barry in post #22 agreeing with an on topic point he had made , and did dimilar to deppity in post #23.

I hadnt spoken to you by that point or addressed anything you had said , and your contribution up to then was a saracstic dig at sheep , a general mod notice ,and three posts in reply to deppity dawg.

Your next contribution was a dig at me where you brought in a discussion from another thread days ago concerning working from home , tried and failed to trip me up by saying i was being inconsistent.

I replied to you in post #33 , gave you an answer , and asked a question of my own , where i politely said to you where am i being inconsistent.?

That was all.

You then went on as ever to litter the thread with a load of absolute bullshit diversions and innuendo , and now on the fifth page , you still can't answer my question.

You can't answer me , and arent man enough to say to me fair enough , because i havent been inconsistent. Its that simple cromwell.

You are the biggest child on here.

Need i remind you , while most of us take what is said on some silly internet forum with a pinch of salt and move on and forget , you are the one as all the old timers know who takes it all to heart.

I dont know what has happened to the cromwell of old , but by feck you are a shadow of the person you once were regarding debating on forums. The fact you have to find solace in the words of some old crank down in cornwall  , who you personally banned for life on our old forum for the shite he talks and the threads he trolled is beyond belief.

Be a man cromwell , and answer my question as i did your earlier question , and show some of that common courtesy you are always bleating about!

Where have i been inconsistent?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

patman post

Interesting how Coronavirus has stolen the ability to debate and, even more, turned this place into a Lord of the Flies type forum where the herd mentality takes over and two or more gang up on one poster until they tire of it and they pick another victim. Possibly one of the reasons the forum is shedding participants like an overblown rose dropping petals...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

cromwell

Sheepy

cromwell