Coronavirus has stolen our future

Started by DeppityDawg, August 02, 2020, 10:36:09 AM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf on August 02, 2020, 05:05:06 PM
Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 02, 2020, 04:55:18 PM

Why should he? Stupid and crushingly boring comments is your only contribution to this and every other forum you've destroyed. If a thread even looks like its breathing, you choke it to death. After years of reading your mind numbingly irritating contributions, personal insults is about all that works. You're that dense everything else goes over your head

Bullshine, you should you should take a long hard look at yourself. The problem you have is you when you don't like you opinion challenged you throw your  rattle out of your pram. (As far as I am aware you are not on most or any of the other forums I use.
Most of which I have been on for many years. (Decades in few cases.)

Just FU*K off Lankou/Smurf or whatever other irritating name you call yourself. You destroy everything you touch and you are the reason this forum struggles to get anyone to post on it anymore. The only problem' I have  is you, you fecked up ****

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 02, 2020, 04:55:18 PM

Why should he? Stupid and crushingly boring comments is your only contribution to this and every other forum you've destroyed. If a thread even looks like its breathing, you choke it to death. After years of reading your mind numbingly irritating contributions, personal insults is about all that works. You're that dense everything else goes over your head

Bullshine, you should you should take a long hard look at yourself. The problem you have is you when you don't like you opinion challenged you throw your  rattle out of your pram. (As far as I am aware you are not on most or any of the other forums I use.
Most of which I have been on for many years. (Decades in few cases.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf on August 02, 2020, 03:11:03 PM
Do you have to keep on making such stupid comments, and personal insults?

cromwell

Mod notice

OK think we've all heard about Bicester often enough.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 02, 2020, 01:29:25 PMHowever since the threat of Brexit many residents are suffering from all year around Seasonally Acquired Depression (SAD.) Plus the recent invasion of a particularly nasty type of tourist appears to be turning people homicidal.  It does not bode well.
(Not improved by someone setting fire to local reclamation depot.)
Are you sure it's not been turned into a crematorium while you were in lockdown?

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 02, 2020, 01:13:11 PM

I suppose the real question will be what are Pappy's neighbours like? This bug should cut swathes through the ranks of cottondom, which suggests a lot of very reasonably priced property will come on the market in the South West. But if they are all as grumpy as Pappy, do I want to move?

My neighbours are excellent.  I am only grumpy when I have to put up with idiots on internet forums.
Very perversely the property prices as well as rents are soaring upwards here. A two bedroomed bungalow near to me sold for £230000 recently but that did not have a 21foot x 16foot detached garage/workshop as my property does.
However since the threat of Brexit many residents are suffering from all year around Seasonally Acquired Depression (SAD.) Plus the recent invasion of a particularly nasty type of tourist appears to be turning people homicidal.  It does not bode well.
(Not improved by someone setting fire to local reclamation depot.)

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 02, 2020, 10:36:09 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/aug/02/coronavirus-has-stolen-our-future-young-peoples-despair-as-jobs-evaporate

Back in April, I got roundly told to f*ck off for suggesting that "lock down" and associated mass panic was going to cause enormous damage to the economy and contribute to many other deaths and suffering long after this sh*t show was over. "No, we have the technology to close the economy" I was told. "You only care about money" I was told. "You don't care if people die" I was told. Yeah, right oh.

Except the sad truth is starting to appear - as the end of the "Furlough" holiday scheme approaches, with unemployment and business failures already making for grim reading, most of those who are soon going to be made redundant don't even know it yet. The economy is in dire condition, we haven't even seen the figures for 'excess deaths' properly broken down (as I also said would happen), and no one has any idea what health issues and conditions have gone untreated because "CV-19" has been allowed to eclipse everything else. The blame shifting and finger pointing in government began months ago, and even Johnson is now admitting an inquiry will have to be held. Yet still the "experts" attempt to heap more and more fear on us, pouring petrol on the fire in an attempt to enforce even more draconian measures on us, the government continues to pander to them because it lacks the balls to say enough is enough, and the threat of another lockdown, virtual house arrest for the over 50s and the destruction of the jobs and the futures of the young on an industrial scale continues

I said the young would pay the price for all this. And they are. And they will continue to pay the price for this for many, many years to come. And it looks like they are beginning to realize it

I don't think they'll ever forgive you now
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/aug/02/coronavirus-has-stolen-our-future-young-peoples-despair-as-jobs-evaporate

Back in April, I got roundly told to f*ck off for suggesting that "lock down" and associated mass panic was going to cause enormous damage to the economy and contribute to many other deaths and suffering long after this sh*t show was over. "No, we have the technology to close the economy" I was told. "You only care about money" I was told. "You don't care if people die" I was told. Yeah, right oh.

Except the sad truth is starting to appear - as the end of the "Furlough" holiday scheme approaches, with unemployment and business failures already making for grim reading, most of those who are soon going to be made redundant don't even know it yet. The economy is in dire condition, we haven't even seen the figures for 'excess deaths' properly broken down (as I also said would happen), and no one has any idea what health issues and conditions have gone untreated because "CV-19" has been allowed to eclipse everything else. The blame shifting and finger pointing in government began months ago, and even Johnson is now admitting an inquiry will have to be held. Yet still the "experts" attempt to heap more and more fear on us, pouring petrol on the fire in an attempt to enforce even more draconian measures on us, the government continues to pander to them because it lacks the balls to say enough is enough, and the threat of another lockdown, virtual house arrest for the over 50s and the destruction of the jobs and the futures of the young on an industrial scale continues

I said the young would pay the price for all this. And they are. And they will continue to pay the price for this for many, many years to come. And it looks like they are beginning to realize it

I agree with a lot of that which you have posted Deppity. The kids will pay for it although they have been remarkably decent so far. The economy is being sacrificed on behalf of us wrinklies who are going to die soon anyway. That said a recession has been on the cards since early 2019. The Chinese flu has not helped but it is not going to be the prime mover and we will be wondering what all the fuss was about come next summer.

I suppose the real question will be what are Pappy's neighbours like? This bug should cut swathes through the ranks of cottondom, which suggests a lot of very reasonably priced property will come on the market in the South West. But if they are all as grumpy as Pappy, do I want to move?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 02, 2020, 11:21:44 AM

That post about sums you up A) As long as YOU are alright, then you don't give a sh*t. And B) Its always someone elses fault

There is no fecking evidence of your final claim. Grow up and start acting like a senior citizen, instead of some pathetic child

Rubbish, I do care about others, it is the young and the it is only the Chinese sniffles who are risking other peoples lives and their own.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf on August 02, 2020, 10:40:20 AMIt is mainly the young who have been ignoring lock down regulations, social distancing and going to illegal raves, mass demonstrations and ignoring Covid-19 in general.
That have made a rod for their own backs.   Had they complied Covid-19 would be under control by now.

That post about sums you up A) As long as YOU are alright, then you don't give a sh*t. And B) Its always someone elses fault

There is no fecking evidence of your final claim. Grow up and start acting like a senior citizen, instead of some pathetic child

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on August 02, 2020, 11:14:52 AM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 02, 2020, 11:06:11 AM
Well it won't be like the resident village idiot will be taking any responsibility and putting anything right, now is it!
youre far too hard on yourself. :) :)
I didn't say anything about the resident comedian yet! Best check your medical history, we don't want you under threat of vigilantes.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on August 02, 2020, 11:06:11 AM
Well it won't be like the resident village idiot will be taking any responsibility and putting anything right, now is it!
youre far too hard on yourself. :) :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

It is mainly the young who have been ignoring lock down regulations, social distancing and going to illegal raves, mass demonstrations and ignoring Covid-19 in general.
That have made a rod for their own backs.   Had they complied Covid-19 would be under control by now.

DeppityDawg