Coronavirus has stolen our future

Started by DeppityDawg, August 02, 2020, 10:36:09 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 03, 2020, 05:41:10 PM

Etiquette, don't make me laugh Thomas you diverted and you know it then compounded that further in your reply to Smurfy and you know that too and still even further.
Don't be quoting etiquette to gain wriggle room,I've said none of what you quote and you know it.

The only person "wriggling " here on this thread is you cromwell.

You made a cant of yourself trying to insinuate i was being inconsistent , and couldnt back it up . Its that simple.

If you are going to try and feebly attempt to trip me up , at least have a back up ready to stop yourself looking foolish in the process.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 03, 2020, 05:32:09 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 03, 2020, 05:24:31 PM

No Thomas you cannot escape by saying I diverted the argument,you know full well it was you who diverted it cannot back up what you said and now wish to backtrack,not only that but you go on to say this in reply to smurfy

I gave the sequence of events in my previous post.

You dont get to ignore my original question that i asked you much earlier in the thread , then later demand i answer yet another of your diversions further down the thread when you have ignored me.

Thats not how internet debating etiquette works.
Etiquette, don't make me laugh Thomas you diverted and you know it then compounded that further in your reply to Smurfy and you know that too and still even further.
Don't be quoting etiquette to gain wriggle room,I've said none of what you quote and you know it.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 03, 2020, 05:22:59 PM

well as I said already elsewhere, our HR dept went into a conclave at the start of March and identified a group of people they felt were at particular rick. rightly or wrongly they threw me in that and told us all to piss off and work from home. I did, until the factory closed down the week after, but i would like to think the reason i was sent home was more to do with not having to drag my corpse off the production line than fearing my lawyers wrath.

There is a culture of let's see how much we can sue the employer for and I am pretty sure a lot of the hesitation at getting some people back is indeed bad publicity on arsebook

But we need to distinguish between leicester rag trade sweat shops giving illegal work to illegal immigrants and the actions carried out byu the restof the UK

By the way, The chancellor and i went dutch on a new menu pizza at the local wetherspoons this lunchtime. And very nice it was too...

I dont disagree with what you say john , i recognise and this was a point i made weeks ago to cromwell , that its a complicated issue that has no easy answers or magic bullet such as working from home  as the new normal to make him feel safe.

The point is the economic situation is now overtaking the health situation , and some dont like the  fact  their needs and fears are being put to the side to bolster the economy. This is further complicated by the fact piss  takers are found everywhere , not just multi millionairs asian sweatshop owners in leicester.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 03, 2020, 05:24:31 PM

No Thomas you cannot escape by saying I diverted the argument,you know full well it was you who diverted it cannot back up what you said and now wish to backtrack,not only that but you go on to say this in reply to smurfy

I gave the sequence of events in my previous post.

You dont get to ignore my original question that i asked you much earlier in the thread , then later demand i answer yet another of your diversions further down the thread when you have ignored me.

Thats not how internet debating etiquette works.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 03, 2020, 05:16:12 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 03, 2020, 05:09:28 PM

No thomas it was you who diverted when you said this

I replied to a deppity dawg post in post#25 , and in post #28 you jumped in and said this....

Quote from: cromwell on August 03, 2020, 10:48:22 AM

Just a few short posts ago you were telling me so many office workers wanted the office environment and don't like working from home now you are saying they don't want to be there which is it?

With the insinuation i am somehow being inconsistent in my argument regarding office working.

I replied to your post in post#33 , you diverted in post #34 , and here you are trying to muddy the water further.

You made the latest  claim further  down the thread , you show me where im being inconsistent and then we will proceed onto your latest point .

Quote..but the constant inference from you and your new buddy cromwell lankou , is that the world has to stop until you feel safe from covid 19 , and if people go to work , or take a break in a holiday hotspot  , go to the pub etc etc , they are all nasty , the young dont care , they should be following the rules ( when its pointed out the majority are) etc etc.
so please point out where I've ever said the world has to stop till I feel safe,that people who go to work or on holiday are nasty or that the young don't care,I've said none of these things.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas on August 03, 2020, 08:36:31 AM
Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 03, 2020, 06:11:13 AM
Quote from: cromwell on August 02, 2020, 07:20:30 PMWell perhaps my idea of the past that your money and property should die with you maybe that'd would help those coming up,TBH the uk property market has always been over inflated.

On a brighter note despite you taking the Michael we are still in Europe.

Its hard to see now how the government can extricate us from the hole it has dug us into. There are people out there who will cheerfully tell you they don't want to go back to work - how on earth they imagine the world works is anyones guess. Sadly, many of them are going to get their wish

Pretty much agree with everything you are saying deppity. This is my experience as well , piss takers taking the piss over the covid situation regarding employment.

Im hearing non stop about office staff refusing to go back to work unless bosses can "guarentee" they wont catch covid 19 , or asking is the office covid friendly.

Im guessing one of the reasons many employers have kept staff working from home is the fact they are scared of being taken to court if any of their staff catch covid 19 in the office in this litigation society we now live in.

I have also been deeply dissapointed by the teaching profession , and how some of them have dealt with the children under their care. Unlike doctors and nurses , who put themselves at risk to look after their patients , i also thought teaching was a vocation where the teachers would put their kids needs first. In my experience with my childrens schools this hasnt been the case.

Some in the teaching profession i am acquainted with who i normally see down the pub on a friday evening quaffing copious amounts of wine , now all of a sudden can't go back to their job as they all of a sudden have developed asthma or diabetes and are "extremely vulnerable".

These will be the same people as you say squealing when they lose their job and income. Those of us having to go  out and work for a living are the ones having to grin and bear things and try and make doas best we can , while those sitting at home getting paid for doing feck all or on nice pensions are quite happy for the situation to carry on.

There are many sides to this pandemic we are only beginning to see..........and now the tipping point has been reached and the economic side is starting to kick in big time.

Reap what you sow...

well as I said already elsewhere, our HR dept went into a conclave at the start of March and identified a group of people they felt were at particular rick. rightly or wrongly they threw me in that and told us all to piss off and work from home. I did, until the factory closed down the week after, but i would like to think the reason i was sent home was more to do with not having to drag my corpse off the production line than fearing my lawyers wrath.

There is a culture of let's see how much we can sue the employer for and I am pretty sure a lot of the hesitation at getting some people back is indeed bad publicity on arsebook

But we need to distinguish between leicester rag trade sweat shops giving illegal work to illegal immigrants and the actions carried out byu the restof the UK

By the way, The chancellor and i went dutch on a new menu pizza at the local wetherspoons this lunchtime. And very nice it was too...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 03, 2020, 05:09:28 PM

I replied to a deppity dawg post in post#25 , and in post #28 you jumped in and said this....

Just a few short posts ago you were telling me so many office workers wanted the office environment and don't like working from home now you are saying they don't want to be there which is it?

With the insinuation i am somehow being inconsistent in my argument regarding office working.

I replied to your post in post#33 , you diverted in post #34 , and here you are trying to muddy the water further.

You made the latest  claim further  down the thread , you show me where im being inconsistent and then we will proceed onto your latest point .

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 03, 2020, 04:58:07 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 03, 2020, 04:49:06 PM

Please point out where I said I want the world to stay indoors

So you make a feeble attempt to trip me up using an idiotic point and can't now back up your own argument so divert onto something else as usual.

Wheres the inconsistency in my argument?

QuoteSorry if you dont want to hear all this cromwell , and the world not staying indoors isnt want YOU want to happen , but tough.
I asked you to show me where I've ever said this and you can't because I haven't

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2020, 04:56:51 PM

Quite, I don't think anyone on the forum has stated that.

...but the constant inference from you and your new buddy cromwell lankou , is that the world has to stop until you feel safe from covid 19 , and if people go to work , or take a break in a holiday hotspot  , go to the pub etc etc , they are all nasty , the young dont care , they should be following the rules ( when its pointedd out the majority are) etc etc.

Its all about you , and what makes you feel safe isnt it?

Meanwhile you have zero consideration for schoolkids who havent had an education , zero consideration for those losing jobs , struggling business , as long as everyone stays at home , to feck with their personal circumstances , as long as lankou smurf is alright then feck the world.

Cromwell and i were trying to have an adult consversation on the merits of working from home.  If you have something suitable to add , feel free otherwise F@@@ off .

Thomas

So you make a feeble attempt to trip me up using an idiotic point and cant now back up your own argument so divert onto something else as usual.

Wheres the inconsistency in my argument?

papasmurf

Quite, I don't think anyone on the forum has stated that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 03, 2020, 04:18:28 PM

Sorry if you dont want to hear all this cromwell , and the world not staying indoors isnt want YOU want to happen , but tough.

Thomas

Where is the inconsistency in my argument?

Lets recap the argument shall we between us?

You insinuated a while back that the "new norm" would be working from home  , and i put counter arguments against why i thought that would not happen.

I showed the negative aspect of working from home , where studies have shown that over something like the last four or five decades , companies have consistently said working from home would be the new norm and it has failed time and again. I gave the example of the IBM failure  starting in 2009 , where within 7 years most of the 200 000 staff in 173 countires were back in the office as the business wasnt making money due to people taking the piss and not working  , and i gave anecdotal evidence , telling you a customer of mine who is a banker with santander told me his company did a survey of santander staff working from home and the majority didnt like it for various reasons like being distracted , dealing with kids , unable to self manage and construct their day and many other reasons.

Here again in my previous post im talking again about the negative aspect of working from home , this time piss takers not wanting to go back in the office with the insinuation working from home is easy( or non existant) and going into the office hard , hence the excuses why they cant go back into the office.

Wheres the inconsistency?

Sorry if you dont want to hear all this cromwell , and the world not staying indoors isnt want YOU want to happen , but tough.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 03, 2020, 03:43:38 PM
^^^
About 5 miles (so it's even walkable), and takes about 50 min by bus and tube, or 30 min by car...

A short commute compared to millions of others.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 03, 2020, 03:36:09 PMWould you have a long commute if you went back?
About 5 miles (so it's even walkable), and takes about 50 min by bus and tube, or 30 min by car...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...