Fears are 2nd Covid wave is already lapping UK shores

Started by patman post, August 04, 2020, 04:41:37 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 04, 2020, 11:37:06 PM

Infection rate doesn't mean anything,

It very much does, I am afraid you really just do not understand the more spreaders there are the more people will get infected.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2020, 06:32:27 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 04, 2020, 06:29:00 PM

..no one has died today.

You still don't get it do you?  The infection rate has climbed back past 5500 a day.  When there has been zero infections and zero deaths for three months let me know.

Infection rate doesn't mean anything, it means the same as the common cold infection rate now. We are now entering the phase where most people have had it and developed antibodies or they are asymptomatic. There are also people who need to make choices, live their life or spend the rest of it in isolation in their homes. Make your choice Pappy.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2020, 07:12:38 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 04, 2020, 06:29:00 PMWell, one can only hope they get stuck in sharpish because according to these guys..

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/   

..no one has died today. It could be that the government is hiding the corpses in Pappy's garage, but just to be on the safe side it might be time to find something else to panic over
Not sure what your point is — aren't totals listed each day reported later? Your link shows 9 deaths on August 3, 8 on August 2, and 74 on August 1...

Would that were so. The deadline was supposed to be lunch time but some of the statistician guys seem to have pretty late lunches. And whatever the popular image of ice cold bureaucrats noting  the deaths to the minute and despatching the information the moment it is received, I suspect that the relevant registrars of births and deaths or whatever they are called this week, forward their bumph when they damn well please.

Matters usually sort themselves out over a few days and the seven day average continues to fall but not fast enough. At the current rate the ball less wonders that run our allotment site will still be able to ban bonfires. God knows what will happen if this foolishness continues to 5 November.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: Borchester on August 04, 2020, 07:00:33 PM

Bugger, Worldometer has found another 89 dead. That were probably hidden in Pappy's private charnel house.
25% down from same day last week.

670 new cases reported today.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on August 04, 2020, 06:29:00 PMWell, one can only hope they get stuck in sharpish because according to these guys..

..no one has died today. It could be that the government is hiding the corpses in Pappy's garage, but just to be on the safe side it might be time to find something else to panic over
Not sure what your point is — aren't totals listed each day reported later? Your link shows 9 deaths on August 3, 8 on August 2, and 74 on August 1...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2020, 04:41:37 PM
Govt was already preparing for a second Covid wave this autumn. But it's now becoming clear that many medics and researchers fear it's already starting and likely to be underway when the schools and universities are returning in September.
Upping Testing and reporting numbers appears to be the govt's aim. But criticism is it's missing the essential Tracing part of the sequence where outbreaks can be pinpointed and dealt with at source...

Well, one can only hope they get stuck in sharpish because according to these guys..

Bugger, Worldometer has found another 89 dead. That were probably hidden in Pappy's private charnel house.

l
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

..no one has died today.

You still don't get it do you?  The infection rate has climbed back past 5500 a day.  When there has been zero infections and zero deaths for three months let me know.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 04, 2020, 04:41:37 PM
Govt was already preparing for a second Covid wave this autumn. But it's now becoming clear that many medics and researchers fear it's already starting and likely to be underway when the schools and universities are returning in September.
Upping Testing and reporting numbers appears to be the govt's aim. But criticism is it's missing the essential Tracing part of the sequence where outbreaks can be pinpointed and dealt with at source...

Well, one can only hope they get stuck in sharpish because according to these guys..

Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Well streetwalker does have a genuine point, so who shall we blame for that then?
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Streetwalker

When you wrote lapping at our shores Posty I though you meant the thousands that have been crossing the channel these past months in RIB's . Well more to the point getting half way and then a ride to Utopia on a 'Border protection' boat .
They can then not only spread the virus among the population of Kent but make their  way to London  disappear off the system and join in the demonstrations on what a racist country they have come to and how they have been  discriminated against .

Tracing of course goes right out the window when you dont know who to trace or where the feck anybody is

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...