Fears are 2nd Covid wave is already lapping UK shores

Started by patman post, August 04, 2020, 04:41:37 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Nice try though, putting fears, except I ain't fearing it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 06, 2020, 09:04:13 AM

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/cruise-ship-roald-amundsen-hit-4395831

Do keep up Papa

They have edited the article, since it was posted. (They appear to be altering the website on a regular basis to censor out critical comment.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 06, 2020, 07:56:24 AM
Anyway its not coming to Falmouth . have a nice day  ;D

It is according to the local press plus an Arab owned "super yacht."

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on August 06, 2020, 07:39:00 AM
Quote from: HDQQ on August 05, 2020, 09:30:52 PM
The second wave isn't 'lapping at our shores' so much as 'brewing in our towns and cities'.  A few people coming into our island infected with covid-19 is only going to add slightly to the problem of people already here who aren't taking the pandemic seriously and not bothering with precautions. Also irresponsible business owners and tourist site operators are trying to lure people back with advertising when the message should still be to avoid all public gatherings as far as is possible.

Just to make my day a large cruise ship is headed for Falmouth with an outbreak of Covid-19 on board.

Relax Papa the cruise ship has cancelled the rest of its cruise . I thought the cruise lines had suspended operations anyway and was surprised to see this one still taking customers . Anyway its not coming to Falmouth . have a nice day  ;D

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on August 05, 2020, 09:30:52 PM
The second wave isn't 'lapping at our shores' so much as 'brewing in our towns and cities'.  A few people coming into our island infected with covid-19 is only going to add slightly to the problem of people already here who aren't taking the pandemic seriously and not bothering with precautions. Also irresponsible business owners and tourist site operators are trying to lure people back with advertising when the message should still be to avoid all public gatherings as far as is possible.

Just to make my day a large cruise ship is headed for Falmouth with an outbreak of Covid-19 on board.

HDQQ

Our government messed up when covid-19 started to spread here by failing to impose restrictions and lockdown early enough. There was already evidence from Italy, Spain and France that showed how urgent it was to act fast. However, eventually the government did the right thing and it worked. Now they're lifting the restrictions and the first signs of a second wave are visible in the daily statistics. Spain and France are already into their second waves while Italy seems to have avoided one so far. Now is the chance for our government to really get things right and bring in whatever restrictions are necessary to halt the second wave.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 05, 2020, 01:48:46 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on August 05, 2020, 01:23:42 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 05, 2020, 01:02:59 PM

Your mate in the tin foil hat in the car park at The Lizard? No, I appear to have missed him. But isn't in 14 day quarantine?

You are just as bad as Barry, ONS Dataset for infections due out tomorrow, you don't watch the daily bulletins on SKY and BBC either.
Also there have been no car parking spaces at the Lizard for days, to the point parts of the village are no long accessible to the emergency services.

Then open the carpark, encourage the tourists to frolic in the sunshine and spend money they don't really need on cheerful tat from the gift shop and remember that the  best cure for anything is happiness and sunshine.
Seafront has been buzzing for days,I don't even mind the extra wait, as they keep pushing pedestrian crossing buttons every few hundred yards.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 05, 2020, 01:48:46 PM

Then open the carpark, encourage the tourists to frolic in the sunshine and spend money they don't really need on cheerful tat from the gift shop and remember that the  best cure for anything is happiness and sunshine.

You really are a gold medal award pillock.
I am hacked of with people like you who have no idea whatsoever of the problems being caused by the particularly nasty and thick crop of tourists this year.
The car parks are rammed full, the roads are obstructed with bad parking.
There are just NO facilities here for the number of people who have turned up making the place extremely dangerous. (Far more than we ever see.)
I think many of the local elected representatives who are doing a three wise monkeys and ignoring the many detailed and serious complaints from residents are in for a shock come the next elections.
It is only a matter of time before a serious incident happens here when the emergency services a can't get past the obstructions.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 05, 2020, 01:23:42 PM

Your mate in the tin foil hat in the car park at The Lizard? No, I appear to have missed him. But isn't in 14 day quarantine?

You are just as bad as Barry, ONS Dataset for infections due out tomorrow, you don't watch the daily bulletins on SKY and BBC either.
Also there have been no car parking spaces at the Lizard for days, to the point parts of the village are no long accessible to the emergency services.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 05, 2020, 12:45:31 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 05, 2020, 12:33:20 PM

I wonder where they are hiding the other 4,830?

FFS sake don't you look at any of the briefings.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 05, 2020, 12:33:20 PM

FFS sake don't you look at any of the briefings.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 04, 2020, 06:32:27 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 04, 2020, 06:29:00 PM

..no one has died today.

You still don't get it do you?  The infection rate has climbed back past 5500 a day.

Has it? Worldometer has 670 new cases in the UK on 4 August.

Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: Sheepy on August 04, 2020, 06:07:43 PM
Well streetwalker does have a genuine point, so who shall we blame for that then?
Well it seems it is get in early and lay the blame with the Government.