Migrant rescue service

Started by Good old, August 07, 2020, 11:55:54 AM

« previous - next »

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on August 10, 2020, 07:25:06 PM
Quote from: Good old on August 10, 2020, 07:21:36 PM

No mate you missed.

Freedom of movement as i pointed out earlier was "legal migration" into the uk that the public in england didnt like , and what happened mate?

It became and remains a red line for EU negotiations with the uk. Theresa may even made it her first big issue in her first major speech when she became tory leader after the referendum.

Are you seriously trying to insinuate that only "illegal" immigration is a problem for voters , and somehow deny tony blairs mass uncotnrolled legal migration wasnt ?

LOL as i said selective amnesia.

Not at all . How did you get that idea?  I am selective ,I prefer to stick to one subject.

Thomas

You  new labour types love to blame simplistic brexit voters unable to solve "complicated issues" like migration , while you simplistically lay part of the blame at farages door.

I would say brexit has achieved part of what brexiters set out to achieve , and ended FOM wouldnt you?

Freeing up the voter to concentrate on the "illegal side" of immigration , whic of course if the tories dont get a grip of , and labour keep  wanting to allow , or enable , then it will simply lead to the hard right in power.

Dear oh dear.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on August 10, 2020, 07:21:36 PM

No mate you missed.

Freedom of movement as i pointed out earlier was "legal migration" into the uk that the public in england didnt like , and what happened mate?

It became and remains a red line for EU negotiations with the uk. Theresa may even made it her first big issue in her first major speech when she became tory leader after the referendum.

Are you seriously trying to insinuate that only "illegal" immigration is a problem for voters , and somehow deny tony blairs mass uncotnrolled legal migration wasnt ?

LOL as i said selective amnesia.

Good old

Quote from: Thomas on August 10, 2020, 07:16:40 PM
Quote from: Good old on August 10, 2020, 07:12:50 PM

And there was me thinking we were talking about ILLEGAL immigration. Ah well.

Sideswerve.

Tony might have made them legal immigrants  ( as he did back in the golden days of new labour), but do you think the anger and uproar would be any less?

No mate you missed.

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on August 10, 2020, 07:12:50 PM

Sideswerve.

Tony might have made them legal immigrants  ( as he did back in the golden days of new labour), but do you think the anger and uproar would be any less?

Good old

Thomas

Quote from: Good old on August 10, 2020, 05:42:32 PM
. I think they can be blamed for giving people the idea this problem will disappear with Brexit.  They might say they didn't ,but I know no end of people who thought that was a part of the message.

Ok , but you might scoff with the insinuation brexit was a simplistic idea to sort mass uncontrolled immigration out , but tell me , who was it that put "mass uncontrolled immigration " firmly on the radar for the english public , and gave the likes of farage and many others all the ammunition they needed ?

Maybe there is a bit of selective amnesia creeping in again good old about that mythical golden age of new labour pre 2010.

Tony blairs mass uncontrolled immigration  , which went from 48 000 in 1997 ,  nearly trebled  within 12 months of him being in office to over 140 000 , and his controversial policy of allowing millions of eastern european nations workers to come and live  and work in the uk ( when most other european nations hadnt) was a nuclear bomb new labour planted under eu membership that eventually went off in 2016.

Immigration wont dissappear with brexit. Immigration has been a feature of mankind since year dot.

However throughout human history , immigration has never featured kindly for the host nation.

Freedom of movement  though was something the english and welsh voter didnt like especially , and so whatever happens with immigration overall , new labour have helped end one aspect of it by closing down EU F.O.M.

Farage and others might have lit the fuse , but new labour helped lay the charges that went off in the brexit referendum .

QuoteHow immigration came to haunt Labour: the inside story

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/mar/24/how-immigration-came-to-haunt-labour-inside-story
How New Labour made Britain into a migration state

https://theconversation.com/how-new-labour-made-britain-into-a-migration-state-85472

QuoteLabour wanted mass immigration to make UK more multicultural, says former adviser
Labour threw open Britain's borders to mass immigration to help socially engineer a "truly multicultural" country, a former Government adviser has revealed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on August 10, 2020, 06:00:14 PM
Quote from: Good old on August 10, 2020, 05:46:49 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 10, 2020, 05:14:44 PM
Quote from: Good old on August 07, 2020, 11:55:54 AM

Calls for the Royal Navy, to intercept illegal migrants in the channel are being made in various circles . Wouldn't this be merely replacing , the rescue efforts of Border control?  Or do those calling for this to happen, think the migrants would be sunk?

The problem is not immigrants. As long as we have more people wanting to come to the UK than those wanting to leave the UK is ok.I don't like the idea of children being brought over in open boats, and I think that parents who do such a thing should be smacked in the mouth with cricket bats and told to swim back the way they came. But as for the rest, they have backed themselves to win and are the sort of folk we need.

The quicker the whole bloody mess is cleaned up the better then . Maybe something good for the UK will come out of it if it was.

Something good is coming out of it.We need the immigrants and we can't stop them so there you are. Everyone is happy. :)
Not only that, their parents make great TV and their offspring will later on traffic cops.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: Good old on August 10, 2020, 05:46:49 PM

Calls for the Royal Navy, to intercept illegal migrants in the channel are being made in various circles . Wouldn't this be merely replacing , the rescue efforts of Border control?  Or do those calling for this to happen, think the migrants would be sunk?

The problem is not immigrants. As long as we have more people wanting to come to the UK than those wanting to leave the UK is ok.I don't like the idea of children being brought over in open boats, and I think that parents who do such a thing should be smacked in the mouth with cricket bats and told to swim back the way they came. But as for the rest, they have backed themselves to win and are the sort of folk we need.

The quicker the whole bloody mess is cleaned up the better then . Maybe something good for the UK will come out of it if it was.

Something good is coming out of it.We need the immigrants and we can't stop them so there you are. Everyone is happy. :)
Algerie Francais !

Good old

papasmurf

Quote from: Good old on August 10, 2020, 05:42:32 PM

I don't know if you can blame them for the problem.

I can over 20 years of lying propaganda about getting a house and money as soon as your feet touch the British mainland.
When the truth dawns, they don't have enough money to go back.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2020, 05:06:53 PM
Quote from: patman post on August 10, 2020, 04:53:30 PM
. Blaming the French and the EU for the whole debacle won't make that any easier. It's not them that's made the UK so attractive...

I blame the Daily Heil and Nigel Farage.

I don't know if you can blame them for the problem. I think they can be blamed for giving people the idea this problem will disappear with Brexit.  They might say they didn't ,but I know no end of people who thought that was a part of the message.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 10, 2020, 04:53:30 PM
. Blaming the French and the EU for the whole debacle won't make that any easier. It's not them that's made the UK so attractive...

I blame the Daily Heil and Nigel Farage.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Good old on August 10, 2020, 02:52:41 PMWhat their passports say doesn't alter the fact that the French , have to cooperate fully in apprehending these people . The crime is committed on French territory . and if not caught red handed very difficult to prosecute . I wouldn't be surprised if any number are known suspects , here . Suspicion doesn't do though. Actually breaking into their operations in France ,will . But only the French can take the lead in that. I will say Smurf, French policing is far more extensive than here . There is one on most corners . I think they drag their feet on this.
I suggest many have booked and paid for their journeys long before they reach France. Obviously the trafficker-gangs have their minions in France, the countries along the route, and some in the UK, but I suggest many ticket sales are made way down the line.
No doubt there are freelancers preying on the loners and selling places on bought and stolen vessels, but I suggest they're no easier for the police to find than drug dealers, illegal employers and scammers here. What's needed is international cooperation to do what it takes to alleviate this problem. Blaming the French and the EU for the whole debacle won't make that any easier. It's not them that's made the UK so attractive...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...