Popular choices

Started by Sheepy, August 07, 2020, 03:50:35 PM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

The current government mishandled the covid-19 pandemic in the early stages. Prevarocating over lockdown almost certainly led to more cases and more deaths. Then they got 'on message' and Boris Johnson had a close call himself. Now, restrictions have been eased too early but the UK is not alone in that, other countries are now having second waves and it looks like we might too.

I looks like the huge recession is upon us. A prime minister doesn't need to cause a recession to get the blame for it, as Gordon Brown found out. The Tories will get some of the blame for that. And there's still no indication that Brexit will be anything other than a self-inflicted wound on the UK. Everything we hear about Brexit now amounts to damage limitation.

Set this against Labour party that has a wider appeal than during the Corbyn era, Lib Dems not really going anywhere and I think there's a strong possibility that Kier Starmer will be the next prime minister.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on August 07, 2020, 03:55:21 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 07, 2020, 03:50:35 PM
I hear on the grapevine Sir Keith Starmer is the popular choice for Prime minster, sure he is, sure he is.

They polled the mythical remain majority who told them that.
well to be fair, they are politicians and will tell their followers any old cobblers if it somehow gets them power.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on August 07, 2020, 03:50:35 PM
I hear on the grapevine Sir Keith Starmer is the popular choice for Prime minster, sure he is, sure he is.

They polled the mythical remain majority who told them that.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!