I wish I was there.

Started by papasmurf, August 09, 2020, 08:38:54 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 16, 2020, 08:25:44 PM
They'll be all the more enjoyable when we're finally be able to get to them. We're basing plans on January 2021...

My wife was planning September this year, (that is not going to happen.) We have booked a "cancel at short notice," holiday for the end of March, start of April next year.  The earliest there are overnight ferries Plymouth/Roscoff. (The machine gun towers and electric fences around the mobile home site are enabled  overnight and the electronic key to open the gate only works between 08.00 hours and 23.00 hours, so we need to arrive at Roscoff in the morning.)

(The are no ferries, Plymouth/Roscoff next year until the end of March at the moment.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

They'll be all the more enjoyable when we're finally be able to get to them. We're basing plans on January 2021...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Recent drone shot video, showing the beaches we walk across from our mobile home to the bar at a camp site:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0WuzTsXhgE

patman post

^^^
We were meant (had planned) to be fixing up a house in St German en laye at the mo, with a trip to the wife's family in Kristiansand in September. Everything is expensive in Norway, so we may be saving a fortune, but at what cost...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 10, 2020, 03:30:15 PM

That's true for anyone intending to take up residence there. But fit tourists and day-trippers might take the gamble of £20 to see a doc and a few £ for any medication...
If you have to be repatriated  even just  from France to the UK it can cost £25000 pounds. Which make travel/repatriation insurance cheap.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2020, 02:28:41 PMFrankly anyone NOT getting travel/repatriation insurance is a fool, the EHIC card is VERY limited. (It anyone moves to France an EHIC card is as much use as a chocolate spanner. (Which is why reading ALL of the link I posted is essential.)
That's true for anyone intending to take up residence there. But fit tourists and day-trippers might take the gamble of £20 to see a doc and a few £ for any medication...

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on August 10, 2020, 02:06:31 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2020, 01:57:57 PMEHICs DO NOT cover you for repatriation. I have always got insurance cover as well. Read carefully:-

https://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=559
French medical services are easily equal to those in the UK, so I'd be happy to trust them. But if repatriation is a requirement, then I get your dilemma...
You are wasting your time with him, he doesn't wish he was there or he would be.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 10, 2020, 02:06:31 PM

French medical services are easily equal to those in the UK, so I'd be happy to trust them. But if repatriation is a requirement, then I get your dilemma...

Frankly anyone NOT getting travel/repatriation insurance is a fool, the EHIC card is VERY limited. (It anyone moves to France an EHIC card is as much use as a chocolate spanner. (Which is why reading ALL of the link I posted is essential.)

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2020, 01:57:57 PMEHICs DO NOT cover you for repatriation. I have always got insurance cover as well. Read carefully:-

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on August 10, 2020, 01:54:02 PM

Aren't your EHICs still valid until end December?
The outlook is unsettled for everyone. We were meant to be moving to France at the end of this year or early next, but uncertain business prospects and changing social restrictions have put everything on hold...

EHICs DO NOT cover you for repatriation. I have always got insurance cover as well. Read carefully:-

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2020, 10:02:07 AMThe French are about to close their border to tourists, also I am still shielding and can't get repatriation insurance due to age and medical conditions during the pandemic.
Aren't your EHICs still valid until end December?
The outlook is unsettled for everyone. We were meant to be moving to France at the end of this year or early next, but uncertain business prospects and changing social restrictions have put everything on hold...

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2020, 12:08:47 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 10, 2020, 12:02:08 PM

bollox you are cowering behind your door and making up excuses while making out you are longing for Brittany, nobody is stopping you but yourself.

Sheepy you are an idiot and a nasty one, putting you back on ignore where you belong.
good you old drama queen, still facts of the matter you are the only one stopping yourself going to Brittany and making excuses for it.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 10, 2020, 12:02:08 PM

bollox you are cowering behind your door and making up excuses while making out you are longing for Brittany, nobody is stopping you but yourself.

Sheepy you are an idiot and a nasty one, putting you back on ignore where you belong.

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on August 10, 2020, 12:00:21 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 10, 2020, 11:49:10 AM

Only because you don't have a fecking excuse not to be there if you wish, you drama queen.

I do, it is too dangerous to leave my property, I am shielding until my GP tells me otherwise. IF I got to Brittany I would be under restrictions because of my age and medical conditions. They are enforcing their regulations back with very heavy fines.
Basically you don't have a bloody clue.

papasmurf

Quote from: Sheepy on August 10, 2020, 11:49:10 AM

Only because you don't have a fecking excuse not to be there if you wish, you drama queen.

I do, it is too dangerous to leave my property, I am shielding until my GP tells me otherwise. IF I got to Brittany I would be under restrictions because of my age and medical conditions. They are enforcing their regulations back with very heavy fines.
Basically you don't have a bloody clue.