Three Black Guys go into a bar....

Started by johnofgwent, August 11, 2020, 07:24:16 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 11, 2020, 04:15:23 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 11, 2020, 03:50:23 PM

So how do you know they aren't,do you know of a trusted site that lists real or fake claims,it's all opinion based on experiences what's known and likely percentages.
I dont know. You made the claim that the majority of racist claims are true , so its up to you to back it up.
Making things up Thomas,please quote where I said majority

QuoteAs ever though cromwell , you wont because you can't , as its just another victimhood bandwagon for you to jump on and "Wish " it were true without you actually knowing the facts.

so we can dismiss what you say on this matter as nothing more than a meaningles throw away comment. As normal.
Dismiss what you like Thomas,I didn't say all claims were true,still don't just leave it at contesting that go for the ad hom,still haven't run anywhere btw.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Thomas on August 11, 2020, 07:12:07 PMGlad it isnt just me.

Tbh Thomas, reading the article, it sounded like the person making the 'complaint' was well versed in which terms to use, says he told the person "I informed him that it was personal and that this is was the exact reason why Black Lives Matter exists" and "This is the exact systemic racism that needs to be eradicated from all sectors - be it education, health, industry or the hospitality and catering industry." He also added "Not only have they taken our self-respect, they've taken our dignity as well. Nobody should ever have to feel that way"

Sounds like a very 'politically aware' kind of guy, doesn't he? I wonder if he's been on any 'protests' lately? Oh yeah. It says hes a 'teacher' Well, he wants to get the feck back to work then, and stop letting his union hold the government (and people who do want to work) to go back to their jobs

Mind you, saving the best till last - "Mr Konten said the incident had highlighted the lack of diversity in cycling and the threesome had since been invited out with a social cycling club in Cardiff" I pissed myself laughing at that - he says he only took up cycling when Lockdown began, but now its the "racist cycling communities" fault that he didn't do before?

The whole article is a contrived piece of shite - expect more like this in liberal la la land

Thomas

Quote from: DeppityDawg on August 11, 2020, 06:48:42 PM

I don't know how you'd ever know that tbh? I think some people need to establish clearly what 'racism' (or homophobia or a host of other ists and isms to be fair) actually is before bandying the accusation around.

Glad it isnt just me. I asked politely and simply the obvious question after reading that if cromwell could back it up , he couldnt , but it sounded warm and cuddly so he made the statement , ( with a bit of anecdotal evidence thrown in) then ran away without proving it as ever.

QuoteIts like a certain poster on here. Its not because he is 'black' that I detest the ****. Its because he's an arrogant, condescending middle class snob with an ego the size of the Isle of Wight

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on August 11, 2020, 03:38:57 PMSo no all claims of racism aren't true but clearly IMO many are.

I don't know how you'd ever know that tbh? I think some people need to establish clearly what 'racism' (or homophobia or a host of other ists and isms to be fair) actually is before bandying the accusation around.

For example, how many times has Dianne Abbott played the race card, and that's in public life? Was she viciously assaulted or passed over for a top job because of her skin colour? ....erm, no...she was roundly criticized for making horrendous mathematical and policy gaffs (among other things) in press/radio interviews, but of course this plays out in her and her supporters heads as "its because I am black". Is it f**k. Its because shes a fecking idiot. Do you want to live in a world where people can't be justifiably held to account without using some 'prejudice/racist' back charge?

Its like a certain poster on here. Its not because he is 'black' that I detest the ****. Its because he's an arrogant, condescending middle class snob with an ego the size of the Isle of Wight

Sheepy

Quote from: patman post on August 11, 2020, 03:20:41 PM
I didn't quote the excuse given because, as I pointed out, the table was available when both parties first enquired, so the circumstances had remained the same.
However, if you're suggesting nothing should have been said when the two groups were treated differently when apart, then I disagree.
"What if" doesn't come into it — I'm just using the information as reported in the link you provided with your rewritten tale...
No, what should have been said a socially distanced table is available but for only two of you, By not being said it has created the usual uproar of its all racism.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 11, 2020, 03:50:23 PM

So how do you know they aren't,do you know of a trusted site that lists real or fake claims,it's all opinion based on experiences what's known and likely percentages.

I dont know. You made the claim that the majority of racist claims are true , so its up to you to back it up.

As ever though cromwell , you wont because you can't , as its just another victimhood bandwagon for you to jump on and "Wish " it were true without you actually knowing the facts.

so we can dismiss what you say on this matter as nothing more than a meaningles throw away comment. As normal.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on August 11, 2020, 03:47:41 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 11, 2020, 03:45:48 PM
Quote from: Thomas on August 11, 2020, 03:42:02 PM
Quote from: cromwell on August 11, 2020, 03:38:57 PM

So no all claims of racism aren't true but clearly IMO many are.

what percentage of racist claims are true then cromwell?

any idea?
No,do you?

so how do you know "many claims of racism" are clearly true then?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on August 11, 2020, 03:45:48 PM

any idea?
No,do you?

so how do you know "many claims of racism" are clearly true then?

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on August 11, 2020, 03:20:41 PM
I didn't quote the excuse given because, as I pointed out, the table was available when both parties first enquired, so the circumstances had remained the same.
However, if you're suggesting nothing should have been said when the two groups were treated differently when apart, then I disagree.
"What if" doesn't come into it — I'm just using the information as reported in the link you provided with your rewritten tale...

Um ..

Did you read it properly

THREE men asked for a table and were told there was none. So they started to leave

TWO MORE men arrived.

THE THREE told them THEY had been told they could not be accomodated

The TWO started to leave, but went to check

And found a table with what the management say were TWO socially distanced seats. TWO, Not THREE. 

From the MANAGEMENT side, they told THREE men there was no room, and told TWO men there was. The management did not see five together.

And as I said, three blacks then play the race card.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

any idea?
No,do you?

Thomas

any idea?

cromwell

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 11, 2020, 02:32:29 PM
Quote from: patman post on August 11, 2020, 02:17:51 PM
I guess it depends how the story gets told:

Mr Konten said he and two friends had stopped off at the pub, just a few miles outside of Cardiff, on Sunday to see if there was space for a drink but were told it was fully booked.

As they left disappointed, two white men approached the busy pub also looking for a table. The cyclists told the men that the pub was fully booked and no tables were available, and the five men walked away together.

But Mr Konten said he suggested to the two men in the other group that they could always ask again and so they disappeared into the pub. To the three friends' surprise, the two men never returned.

Mr Konten, a teacher at Willows High School in Tremorfa, said: "To our surprise the two white males never came back out. So the three of us went back in only to see the two white males seated at a table for four people.

The assumption must be the table for four referred must have already been available (as there was no suggestion it had suddenly become free), but wasn't offered to the two others who enquired just after the first three, because the three Black cyclists were still present

I suppose some people wopuld love to put it as you have. Dawn Butler for one ....

I rather prefer this from the article which you seem NOT to have quoted. Strange that but hey ho

"I asked the front of house why he didn't offer that table to us and why he was treating us less favourably? His reply was: 'Due to social distancing laws they could only sit two people at a table with four seats because it would be too close to the table opposite'.

"I informed him he was being racist and discriminating us for no other reason other than our race and ethnicity. He dismissed that claim."

If this was a WHITE guy playing the race card his job as a teacher at Willoows High School would already be forfeit. Care to raise a petition ??
Well John I saw another part to this quoted where the front of house when further pressed backtracked,however since none of us were present the full picture is not known.
Happily a local cycling club have offered  the three black guys to join them for some social time.

Undoubtedly people sometimes cry racism where there is none but to counter that there seems on here at least and in the wider world a position that they are all usually false.

I have witnessed racism on several occasions at least one I have described on here before,but on other occasions one in a well to do pub/hotel a woman was subjected to poor behaviour for no good reason IMO that she was black and female,after she left the bar area I confronted the small group who were of an age where you'd expect better to be met by one mouthing off all sorts of racist shite to gain a reaction which he didn't get,another occasion in a pub the person with me was greeted by loud use of the N word by one of three clearly young tossers all laughing,the person on the receiving end was clearly shaken but not in a position to say or do anything,a quick word with the manager and they were all booted out.

patman post

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on August 11, 2020, 02:17:51 PM
I guess it depends how the story gets told:

Mr Konten said he and two friends had stopped off at the pub, just a few miles outside of Cardiff, on Sunday to see if there was space for a drink but were told it was fully booked.

As they left disappointed, two white men approached the busy pub also looking for a table. The cyclists told the men that the pub was fully booked and no tables were available, and the five men walked away together.

But Mr Konten said he suggested to the two men in the other group that they could always ask again and so they disappeared into the pub. To the three friends' surprise, the two men never returned.

Mr Konten, a teacher at Willows High School in Tremorfa, said: "To our surprise the two white males never came back out. So the three of us went back in only to see the two white males seated at a table for four people.

The assumption must be the table for four referred must have already been available (as there was no suggestion it had suddenly become free), but wasn't offered to the two others who enquired just after the first three, because the three Black cyclists were still present

I suppose some people wopuld love to put it as you have. Dawn Butler for one ....

I rather prefer this from the article which you seem NOT to have quoted. Strange that but hey ho

"I asked the front of house why he didn't offer that table to us and why he was treating us less favourably? His reply was: 'Due to social distancing laws they could only sit two people at a table with four seats because it would be too close to the table opposite'.

"I informed him he was being racist and discriminating us for no other reason other than our race and ethnicity. He dismissed that claim."

If this was a WHITE guy playing the race card his job as a teacher at Willoows High School would already be forfeit. Care to raise a petition ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

I suppose I must confess a bit of history with the pub in question which was a must-go-to destination in my postgraduate student days....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Captain%27s_Wife

Although there are several stories, the one most put out when I was a younger man who drank there was NOT the one in the above wiki entry BUT that the landlord named his new venture #after buying a lurid, bare breasted wooden figurehead of "The Captain's Wife" at an auction of seafaring bric a brac in Bristol

The figurehead was indeed lurid and saucy and supposed to be a carving for which the wife of the captain of the ship to which it was first nailed did indeed model for it. Tradition of course demanded that no real woman be allowed on board ship, which is bollocks because even HMS Victory had comfort women among its number .... ANYWAY this figurehead was notorious for the wife in question coming to launch the ship and wishing her likeness brought luck to all who sailed etc etc. The joke is I think the vessel was actually freighting bat guano which stank to high heaven but was worth a bloody fortune as a fertiliser.

How much of the above is pure utter BS i do not know. BUT all hell broke out at the kickoff of the Falklands war.

A bunch of Scurrilous Spanish football supporters broke into the pub at the dead of night and stole the figurehead, and somehow must have dragged it to Sully Island a spit of land joined to the Captain's Wife Car Park by a causeway which floods so fast in the second highest tidal range on the planet that more than one idiot has perished in the waters and fools who tarry are the meat and drink of inland rescue boat training exercises

How they got it there is anyone's guess... the tide was in ....

The theft was discovered the next day and nobody was any the wiser until the weekend.

The University of Wales' Marine Biology Research boat (sounds grand but it was little more than a 30 foot sea going truck !) was returning to Cardiff from a spell collecting marine samples near the Mumbles.  I was on it, having stupidly agreed despite being handed a P45 months earlier, to spend my weekend afternoon up to my arse in filthy toxic seawater for a couple of hours work with marine Biology students in exchange for a cash in hand wad that would provide me with a whole TWO MONTHS rent of the hell hole flat Moira and I were in at the time. The things we do for lust, eh ...

Passing close to Sully Island in the gathering dusk we spotted some ne'er do wells up to no good. As the tide was running up the river the captain cut power in the channel and allowed us to drift past, silently....

We saw a bunch of partying scum on the estuary side of Sully Island pick up this big driftwood tree trunk, lay it upright against some rock and then brought the figurehead of The Captain's Wife up to it and TIED her to it like some bloody Red Indian squaw in a bad B Movie western ....

THEN they proceeded, oblivious or uncaring of us, to raise a bloody ARGENTINIAN flag on the highest point of the island

Well, that was it really.

We were not having that. Those bloody Argies had landed on South Georgia and a Task Force was being prepared

We made a radio call to HMS Cambria a sort of Royal Navy Sea Cadets training base.  THEY promised an immediate NAVAL response and said they could give us 15 minutes tops before honour demanded they call the terrestrial plod. 

They also called the pub !!

Oh man it was FUN.

Ten minutes later what I will describe as a coastal patrol boat with some VERY pissed ARMED Royal Navy Sailors joined our research boat a few hundred yards off shore and on their lead we opened the throttles and both boats headed for the beach. Full on headlights stay where you are or we open fire ....

The sight of a bunch of drunk spaniards literally pissing themselves at the sight of a squad of sailors coming for them while those by the boat drew weapons.  Up Yer Junta, I say.

Oh man it was fun.

A couple of the scum ran off and we could sear them splashing for the mainland shore over the covered causeway.

This was an INCREDIBLY stupid thing to do.

We yelled to the Cambria crew that we were refloating and heading round to rescue any idiots taken by the tide - we FULLY expected them to DIE in the tidal race, lots trying this HAD.

So we got a front row view of the said  jerks straggling their way to shore and being grabbed and kicked shitless by pub goers who were less than happy and itching for a bit of fun...

The police rocked up very quickly but while what was handed over to the plod was still breathing it probably wished it wasn't.

The Navy guys insisted on seizing the flag - they really do take this sort of shit quite seriously - and were not at all happy that the police wanted to arrest the scum for theft and damage to the pub...

Of course, this was before any British Person had been killed in the hostilities - had this occurred when more lethal matters had passed between us i doubt the navy representatives there would have been as happy to allow a hostile power to attempt an invasion of british soil and leave alive in the back of a civilian police van.... I'm pretty certain they'd have treated them as an invasion force and shot them

There was one permanent casualty. The Captain's wife's left breast. The figurehead was assembled from several parts and her ample mammaries were bolted on, one had clearly been broken off by these thugs and it was never found....