"We are increasing the security on your account."

Started by papasmurf, August 12, 2020, 11:51:53 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 13, 2020, 01:08:18 PM

It's not as if the security actually achieves anything.

I suspect it will achieve more people putting cash under the bed. (Unless interest rates for savings rise dramatically.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on August 12, 2020, 11:16:15 PM
Quote from: papasmurf on August 12, 2020, 11:51:53 AM
""We are increasing the security on your account."  Message from every financial institution in recent week.

It appears that was an understatement, from a transaction I did this morning. Pay a deposit on something from my account to a business account.

At each stage , ( I lost count, I had to enter an card reader generated number for each stage.)
That was loss of will to live one.
Loss of will to live two was getting an insurance quote, as most of the HQ staff are homeworking.

The more security I have to go through the happier I am.

There is a point, and HSBC have overshot it, as have barclays, where the steps needed to get my hands onmy money exceed the point where i close the account and shove the money under the mattress.

HSBC were not impressed when i rocked up and demanded three grand in cash two weeks ago

They were even less impressed when i rocked up and demanded another ten (which I knew would force them to report me to the money laundering fraud unit)

They kept asking me why i would not transfer the money electronically.

I handed them the letters they sent me saying sorry and paying me money in redress for a couple of their past clusterfucks and suggested they read them

The two goons did.

And then asked me how i wanted the cash.

HSBC have introduced a system whereby i cannot use my PC to do anything unless I first use my phone to create some sort of code that i must enter in 30 seconds or start again.  Their website sayes there is another way to log in, but it does not work.

Barclays totally clusterfucked my barclaycard phone app when i wanted to move it from a phone that broke to the replacement i bought instead. Its never worked  propely since. I have a deal paying off a small balance transfer at £50 a month at 0% and when it ends, I will be telling them where they can shove their card.

It's not as if the security actually achieves anything.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 12, 2020, 11:51:53 AM
""We are increasing the security on your account."  Message from every financial institution in recent week.

It appears that was an understatement, from a transaction I did this morning. Pay a deposit on something from my account to a business account.

At each stage , ( I lost count, I had to enter an card reader generated number for each stage.)
Loss of will to live two was getting an insurance quote, as most of the HQ staff are homeworking.

The more security I have to go through the happier I am.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe