Not wearing a face mask, could be fined £3200

Started by papasmurf, August 14, 2020, 10:32:06 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: srb7677 on August 21, 2020, 02:15:05 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2020, 08:02:15 PM

They just as well say ten grand, nobody takes any notice anyway.
Indeed, the size of the fine is utterly irrelevant without anyone bothering to enforce the law.

Exactly.

The prigs are happy with their endless regulations and the rest of the country is happy to ignore them  :)
Algerie Francais !

srb7677

Quote from: Sheepy on August 14, 2020, 08:02:15 PM

Indeed, the size of the fine is utterly irrelevant without anyone bothering to enforce the law.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

papasmurf

Quote from: HDQQ on August 21, 2020, 11:43:38 AM
  But now, in this post lockdown phase, the governments of Spain and France have failed their people at least as much as ours has.

I can't comment about Spain but in France the increases in infections are in the main confined to Paris and Marseilles, due to young people ignoring Covid-19 regulations.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HDQQ

Quote from: Borchester on August 14, 2020, 01:01:33 PMBut most of the country wants go back to work and do something with its life.
Yes but only if it's safe to do so.  If we get into a bad and prolonged second wave, there will come a time when we all start thinking 'to hell with it, if we're gonna get it we're gonna get it' and even those of us who have been careful will start wondering if there's any point any more if nobody else is bothering.  But we're not there yet.  If another lockdown is necessary to end the second wave, then I'd support that as long as more rigorous controls remain in place when it ends.  When covid-19 first appeared in Europe at the beginning of the year, the UK government dithered while other European governments acted more decisively.  But now, in this post lockdown phase, the governments of Spain and France have failed their people at least as much as ours has.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

patman post

^^^
Incompetence and money are usually both parts of the same equation where governments and money are concerned. But up until now, mostly where Labour administrations were being "progressive"...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 16, 2020, 02:48:50 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 16, 2020, 02:09:05 PMAnd the even bigger question that since there are less smokers around and the NHS has less work to do, should we not have a reduction in our NICs payments?
I suggest it's more likely that NI contributions will be extended until 10 years or so after state pension age given the amount of money the country needs to recoup...

Why? The NHS has managed to lose over 40,000 customers and now you are suggesting that we pay more for their incompetence?
Algerie Francais !

patman post

Quote from: Borchester on August 16, 2020, 02:09:05 PMAnd the even bigger question that since there are less smokers around and the NHS has less work to do, should we not have a reduction in our NICs payments?
I suggest it's more likely that NI contributions will be extended until 10 years or so after state pension age given the amount of money the country needs to recoup...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: patman post on August 15, 2020, 01:23:20 PM
Quote from: Streetwalker on August 15, 2020, 11:20:07 AM
The fine is threatened if not wearing a face covering not a face mask and is for repeat offenders . Which is maybe just as well as a stretchy t shirt seems to becoming the new fashion when diving into Apu's  for 20 Benson and Hedges .
Which raises the question of whether those who still smoke during an outbreak of a disease that usually involves the respiratory system, should have access to cigarettes — especially those under 13...

And the even bigger question that since there are less smokers around and the NHS has less work to do, should we not have a reduction in our NICs payments?
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on August 15, 2020, 11:20:07 AM
The fine is threatened if not wearing a face covering not a face mask and is for repeat offenders . Which is maybe just as well as a stretchy t shirt seems to becoming the new fashion when diving into Apu's  for 20 Benson and Hedges .
Which raises the question of whether those who still smoke during an outbreak of a disease that usually involves the respiratory system, should have access to cigarettes — especially those under 13...

Streetwalker

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 14, 2020, 01:01:33 PM

Don't be so tetchy.

Stop lying then, it isn't clever or funny, it is also irresponsible.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on August 14, 2020, 12:18:14 PM
Quote from: Borchester on August 14, 2020, 11:42:15 AM

...you will see that the government has rewritten the figures to show that no one has died.

That is a blatant lie.

Don't be so tetchy.  you can happily spend the rest of your life hiding under the bed in readiness for the next outbreak of the bubonic plague or whatever else you have found listed on the Skivver's Diary.

But most of the country wants go back to work and do something with its life.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on August 14, 2020, 11:42:15 AM

...you will see that the government has rewritten the figures to show that no one has died.

That is a blatant lie.