Doris Karloff events cancelled in Cornwall.

Started by papasmurf, October 30, 2019, 09:45:55 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=28475 time=1591702850 user_id=103
Debate is hardly your forte either, is it?  Incoherent ranting is not the same thing as debate (except perhaps at Westminster). You even accused me of being Scottish once - don't know where you got that idea from.

Prove it?

Where did i accuse you of being scottish? :lol: ...and you accuse me of incoherent ranting?  :roll:

I at least try and engage with people instead of talking to myself most of the time on threads. You on the other hand get easily confused about wee things like democracy , when you tell people like me one minute we cant have another referendum and the next demand one for yourself when you lose.

Ten years on of listening to your pish and i still havent known you to get one of your infamous predictions about the political world correct never mind argue a coherent postion on most politcal matters.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Quote from: Thomas post_id=28429 time=1591683435 user_id=58
I know. I noticed that many years ago where i said debate was never your "forte" and how you liked to use forums as platforms to write your "dear diary" wishfull thinking.

Dont mind me though , you carry on . :roll:

Debate is hardly your forte either, is it?  Incoherent ranting is not the same thing as debate (except perhaps at Westminster). You even accused me of being Scottish once - don't know where you got that idea from.

Thomas

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=28404 time=1591642565 user_id=103
Not being talked at has never been a problem for me on these forums.

I know. I noticed that many years ago where i said debate was never your "forte" and how you liked to use forums as platforms to write your "dear diary" wishfull thinking.

Dont mind me though , you carry on . :roll:

Borg Refinery

^ Yet you do it anyway Miriann. 😜

Where did Churchill go? I know we clashed but I quite liked him.

And Conchur, Ciaphas and a couple of others seem to have vanished. I hope they're okay.
+++

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Quote from: Thomas post_id=28396 time=1591641490 user_id=58
Is this you back resurrecting auld threads quackers cause no cant will talk to you again?

Not being talked at has never been a problem for me on these forums.

Thomas

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=28393 time=1591641133 user_id=103
Was this cancelled event the proposed cage fight between Ann Widdicombe and Miriam Margolyes I mentioned on another thread?  Oh Noooooooo!!

Is this you back resurrecting auld threads quackers cause no cant will talk to you again?

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Was this cancelled event the proposed cage fight between Ann Widdicombe and Miriam Margolyes I mentioned on another thread?  Oh Noooooooo!!

Churchill

The Government back in 1975 lied to us to persuade the UK ( Scotland ) included to join the Common Market I was one of those who voted in favour of it becuase jobs were going right across the UK back then.

Here is how they sold it to the UK back then

ttps://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/2015/08/the-1975-common-market-referendum...

It later morphed into the all enveloping EU which John Major too us into without asking the people of the UK if we anted too or not..

This time all of the UK were asked what they wanted , will they take us out of the EU completely ? with the deal Johnson has proposed I think not all these years later Parliament is not listening to the majority of the voters across the UK, so just what is your vote worth now? IMO not a lot
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Barry

She's just given a speech at the Brexit party election launch:

Watch live:

https://www.thebrexitparty.org/events/">//https://www.thebrexitparty.org/events/

She said Theresa May's lies to parliament over the Customs Union persuaded her to join the Brexit Party.
† The end is nigh †

Churchill

I have met her a rather charming lady that does not suffer fools gladly,
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Baron von Lotsov

It's often worth signing up for a comment under one of these local rag stories if you can think of a witty reply. Treat it for its entertainment value. I did a comment the other day about climate change protestors, and suggested the area needs a state-of-the-art psychiatric unit with air conditioning in every room to prevent the loons experiencing climate change and losing the plot entirely. It seemed to pass the censors OK.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Gliderman

It's ridiculous to "no platform" people.

If one doesn't like her, don't go.

patman post

Seems sad if ageing politicians and commentators are prevented from adding to their incomes by staging personal appearances, lecture tours, book promotions, etc, simply because people don't agree with the the odd one or two of their views.

Wouldn't performing to empty seats make any opposition more telling...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=3079 time=1572431663 user_id=51
Thanks goodness for Papa and this forum for helping with my education. I'll remember she's called Doris Karloff now.

I take it they don't like her in Penzance.

I have no knowledge of that, however George Galloway cancelled some appearances in Cornwall a few years ago.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Thanks goodness for Papa and this forum for helping with my education. I'll remember she's called Doris Karloff now.

I take it they don't like her in Penzance.
† The end is nigh †