Main Menu

Spot On

Started by Nick, August 17, 2020, 08:56:44 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on August 18, 2020, 09:37:25 AM
Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 09:30:24 AMWhat, intentionally testing in low CV-19 areas just to skew the results?

Testing expected low infection areas will give you information on currently infected symptomless carriers and even data on people who have had the virus's weeks ago and didn't know, all this data is useful.

So using your analogy then, testing a group of Inuit's will give use useful data? Even though non could have been exposed to the virus! This will give you zero data to use.

Please tell how knowing if someone had the virus weeks ago gives us any information.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 18, 2020, 09:45:13 AM
Quote from: Nick on August 18, 2020, 09:30:24 AMWhat, intentionally testing in low CV-19 areas just to skew the results?

Testing expected low infection areas will give you information on currently infected symptomless carriers and even data on people who have had the virus's weeks ago and didn't know, all this data is useful.

Pardon ?

The information put out by the Welsh Assembly Arse Holes indicated that testing definitely would NOT reveal any useful information on those who had, and have recovered from, the virus which is one reason why they stopped bothering.

I agree it would be nice to know if we have a pool of typhoid mary's but I'm rather of the mindset the government - and particularly the welsh assembly - wouldn't reveal any truths as it might mes with their control freak agenda.
well in a society that is obsessed with information, it does seem a little odd they would only want the information that suits them at any one time, it reminds of, when they wanted more people interested in politics, but they only wanted them interested in the politics which fitted an agenda. That didn't work out so well for them either.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Pardon ?

The information put out by the Welsh Assembly Arse Holes indicated that testing definitely would NOT reveal any useful information on those who had, and have recovered from, the virus which is one reason why they stopped bothering.

I agree it would be nice to know if we have a pool of typhoid mary's but I'm rather of the mindset the government - and particularly the welsh assembly - wouldn't reveal any truths as it might mes with their control freak agenda.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nalaar

Don't believe everything you think.

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent on August 18, 2020, 07:01:59 AMI didn't see him as rushing that at all.

The entire segment was rushed. Discuss Covid on both a National and International scale in 4 minutes? Ridiculous.
That is not his fault however, it is a fault of legacy media, it is only inevitable that he left allot more questions than answers in his attempt to cover so much in so little time.

Nick

Quote from: Nalaar on August 18, 2020, 09:26:44 AM
Quote from: Nick on August 17, 2020, 10:43:09 PM
Quote from: Nalaar on August 17, 2020, 10:25:42 PMHe also seems to be against more widespread testing,

You obviously missed or chose to miss the message there. He stated very clearly that the government were intentionally testing in areas with little or no CV-19, as he said, looking for new numbers.

But that's exactly what we should be doing. The more testing, the better.

What, intentionally testing in low CV-19 areas just to skew the results?

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on August 17, 2020, 10:43:09 PM
Quote from: Nalaar on August 17, 2020, 10:25:42 PMHe also seems to be against more widespread testing,

You obviously missed or chose to miss the message there. He stated very clearly that the government were intentionally testing in areas with little or no CV-19, as he said, looking for new numbers.

But that's exactly what we should be doing. The more testing, the better.

Sheepy

On the bright side the lamestream media, is reduced to putting out stories about its favourite celebs and talking war with Harry and Meghan. LOL. How the mighty have fallen.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar on August 17, 2020, 10:25:42 PM
I'm assuming that's all the time he had so he rushed everything in, but it was very very rushed. He leads with "what about Victoria?' and then offers absolutely no hypothesis on why the numbers there are so much worse than the rest of the country. The implication being the example Victoria supports his argument, though it is nothing more than innuendo.

He also seems to be against more widespread testing, to better map the viruses presence in the population, which is an odd stance to take.

were you watching the same news bulletin as me ? I saw a chap with an Australian accent whose only slip up was to mislay the WHO report for a few seconds of broadcast time, which I admit looks bad on TV where you need the timing skills of eric morecombe and ernie wise or you go from hero to zero at warp speed.

I didn't see him as rushing that at all.

But then I still have fairly vivid memories, albeit from 30 years ago, of an Aussie project manager from Australian Telecom sticking it to a lying piece of shit who somehow got the job of MD of a British software company ii was freelancing at, who had been caught out pretty much institutionally lying to her about system capability and system delivery dates for two years solid. All I saw was an Angry Australian whose quoted figures were unimpeachable.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Nalaar

I'm assuming that's all the time he had so he rushed everything in, but it was very very rushed. He leads with "what about Victoria?' and then offers absolutely no hypothesis on why the numbers there are so much worse than the rest of the country. The implication being the example Victoria supports his argument, though it is nothing more than innuendo.

He also seems to be against more widespread testing, to better map the viruses presence in the population, which is an odd stance to take.

Borchester

I like Strine politicians. They may not be right, but they do get stuck in  :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

This is pretty much along the lines of what I think, some will disagree but you can't argue the facts.

https://youtu.be/XrDZec8-X3Q